TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple

They definitely need to throw the ball more to the TE. Luke has speed but I think people boost him way too much because of that. There is no doubt he should get more touches along with all the TE's but they also have to show that they are that dude. Give the coach no choice but to showcase you. Im not sure we have the TE's that teams have to scheme to stop. Maybe we do now and will get to see it this fall. I thought we waisted Ravian Pierce. He was that hybrid type that you mentioned. I dont understand how he went from 30 catches his jr year to barely getting looked at the following year.
Di
Landing any top shelf "pass first" TE's for the foreseeable future. Coaches bear a lot of responsibility for this departure and the inevitable void coming.
Let's wait and see how Mang turns out, seems to fit the Baylor type better than others. They had a 400 lb TE one year.

Landing any top shelf "pass first" TE's for the foreseeable future. Coaches bear a lot of responsibility for this departure and the inevitable void coming.
Mahar can be every bit of that. I like what we are hearing about Mang and for the near future I’m looking forward to seeing them find ways to get Luke touches.

This is why I don't bother following recruiting. Let them get to campus, earn a spot on the two-deep and then I will learn their names.

I almost got excited about that whole Robert Washington thing and then he reminded me why I don't care about incoming freshman. I still remember what life was like at 18, I was naive, impressionable, and stupid. So are 90% of incoming freshman and that's ok. I'm not knocking these kids. Trying to figure out who you are at 18 is like trying to pick a lock with an oak tree. Best of luck kid. Next man up!

This kinda is a big deal. Ask any coach in American (money3189) what the toughest personnel grouping to defend against is - its "12" personnel which is 1 RB and 2 TEs. Drives defensive coaches nutty when you have TEs that are pass catching threats. That's why we need more TEs!

Meh. We could have 15 TE's - we don't even bother throwing to the 1-2 we even play.

Yup...which is a problem! My fear this year is teams knowing Elmore is not a passing (or rushing) threat and that tendency is going to be easy to scheme.

Elmore looks like he lost 20-30 lbs honestly. Sure he'll block almost all the time but he slimmed down and could do more to surprise the defense.

Yup...which is a problem! My fear this year is teams knowing Elmore is not a passing (or rushing) threat and that tendency is going to be easy to scheme.
That can be an issue for sure. I think we will see Elmore more when they feel we have a advantage personnel wise and during short yardage goal line.

All good thoughts. My thought is he gained 20 pounds for the position. Plus he saw the writing on the wall during the spring. He saw what the TE position entailed. He could have left right after that. Why come back then leave after a week of fall practice?
Not sure as to that - although I think we've all been in situations (employment, relationships) where we decided to give it one more shot against our better judgement.

Not sure as to that - although I think we've all been in situations (employment, relationships) where we decided to give it one more shot against our better judgement.
Thats very true lol

Agree-They generally use him as a defacto 6th OL. That's what I liked about Hackett-He could block, but was also a receiving threat.

I think Landon is a talented kid and can have a good career somewhere else but in all those 1v1's the LB's were in catch technique. Losing ground is kinda expected when you are playing that.

Last edited:
I think Landon is a talented kid and can have a good career somewhere else but in all those 1v1's the LB's were in catch technique. Losing groud is kinda expected when you are playing that.
I was taking it more from the perspective that he moves well for his size, positions his body well and appears to have good hands. Granted though it’s practice and a drill.

This kid could have learned a thing or two from Elmore.

The kids a good football player there’s no doubt about that. Regardless, I’m sure Dino could’ve found ways utilize his skill set but clearly Landon didn’t feel like that was going to happen. I’m sure he’ll catch on at another G5 or Low P5 school. Going to be hard for him to sit out and watch football on the TV all year long.

That can be an issue for sure. I think we will see Elmore more when they feel we have a advantage personnel wise and during short yardage goal line.
If we’re rolling, I’d give him a normal carry every once in a bit, especially at home. Get the done rocking if he can rumble for 5+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom