TE Steve Mahar out for season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

TE Steve Mahar out for season

Injuries suck. Best of luck to him with rehab.

Also... football has injuries. And when you have 45325 players on a team, your team will deal with some.

Horrible injury. I hope he has a full recovery. Feel badly for him.

Carter Clark is still listed on OE's roster as walk on TE. No info on if he can contribute at TE or OL or a depth guy. Wondering. Sure there some of you folks have more.

What’s the story with Villari? I didn’t hear about him getting injured. I was really hoping he could step up this years as a TE/WR hybrid.

What’s the story with Villari? I didn’t hear about him getting injured. I was really hoping he could step up this years as a TE/WR hybrid.
Learning a new position. I think he's super athletic but probably needs to learn blocking/route running etc.

Learning a new position. I think he's super athletic but probably needs to learn blocking/route running etc.
I always thought he had a great shot at the NFL if he could learn the position. He has NFL athleticism.

He was injured I think in spring, might have been end of the season. He’s dressing, might be being held out of contact

Injuries suck. Best of luck to him with rehab.

Also... football has injuries. And when you have 45325 players on a team, your team will deal with some.
Yup.

I’m currently following my Pats in training camp where 4/5ths of their starting OL isn’t practicing due to various injuries and illnesses. *That’s* a problem. This is… football.

Nice.

get as many skilled guys on the field as possible

Great to see him out there particpating fully. Thought I read he was being held out at the beginning of fall camp. Those were two nice reps by Vilari. Beat Wax to catch that pass and then had a nice play standing up Okechuku on the edge.
He's just a redshirt sophomore so if he can start to develop as a solid pass catching option at the traditional TE spot and also not be a liability as a blocker that would be a very nice development.

For some reason, I keep hoping Villari could turn into a NFL quality
H-Back; or even a full-time fullback a la Darryl Johnston. Would open up some crazy trick plays, with his qb quality arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom