Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

ok so just had to share this- played a little tecmo tonight- when i got the game someone had a season going and the cowboys were 0-4 . First game i destroyed the giants 56-7. This followed 7 straight blowouts where it was total domination. then its week 13 against ny the rematch. i get up 30-0 by the end of 1 qtr- and then- all the sudden like a switch turned on- i cant complete a pass or run without fumbling. Simms goes off for 400 yards passing and anderson for 4 gamebreaking runs- i lose 44-37 in shock. This is followed by a similar performance from the redskins and rypien throws for 90 pct completion rate as sanders and monk catch everything. Charles mann sacked aikman 8 times and despite mixing up my plays all game they were guessing on 60 pct- i got roasted for the worst loss ever - this then is followed by pittsburgh's d shutting me out again- couldnt get anyone to catch anything and they were in my backfield almost every play .. 3 straight l's with the opponents playing out of this world . Ive always ramped up with having a head of steam from the start but starting 0-4 seems to be a new fun challenge. Anyways just for something fun to share:)

quick edit- im losing it- it was 6 straight blowouts not seven- so i was at 6-4 and it was week 12- gotta get my story straight haha

ok so just had to share this- played a little tecmo tonight- when i got the game someone had a season going and the cowboys were 0-4 . First game i destroyed the giants 56-7. This followed 7 straight blowouts where it was total domination. then its week 13 against ny the rematch. i get up 30-0 by the end of 1 qtr- and then- all the sudden like a switch turned on- i cant complete a pass or run without fumbling. Simms goes off for 400 yards passing and anderson for 4 gamebreaking runs- i lose 44-37 in shock. This is followed by a similar performance from the redskins and rypien throws for 90 pct completion rate as sanders and monk catch everything. Charles mann sacked aikman 8 times and despite mixing up my plays all game they were guessing on 60 pct- i got roasted for the worst loss ever - this then is followed by pittsburgh's d shutting me out again- couldnt get anyone to catch anything and they were in my backfield almost every play .. 3 straight l's with the opponents playing out of this world . Ive always ramped up with having a head of steam from the start but starting 0-4 seems to be a new fun challenge. Anyways just for something fun to share:)

quick edit- im losing it- it was 6 straight blowouts not seven- so i was at 6-4 and it was week 12- gotta get my story straight haha
I'm convinced the cpu cheats. Some sort of catch up switch. Still, latter weeks are tough regardless. I started to get housed as Tampa Bay, and took an "incomplete" for the rest of the season. Haddix couldn't save the world.

I'm convinced the cpu cheats. Some sort of catch up switch. Still, latter weeks are tough regardless. I started to get housed as Tampa Bay, and took an "incomplete" for the rest of the season. Haddix couldn't save the world.

yeah im simulating mine out the rest of the way to start fresh. At 6-7 playoffs are a long shot. Also i am sure the cpu cheats as well- try to run more and play the short pass game and its fumble city- pass more and its drop city , sack city and pick city. On D- if you cant lurch everytime the cpu gets the ball out too quickly or calls an outside sweep on 3rd and 20 for a td ... lol

yeah im simulating mine out the rest of the way to start fresh. At 6-7 playoffs are a long shot. Also i am sure the cpu cheats as well- try to run more and play the short pass game and its fumble city- pass more and its drop city , sack city and pick city. On D- if you cant lurch everytime the cpu gets the ball out too quickly or calls an outside sweep on 3rd and 20 for a td ... lol
You've got every bit of this correct. :D

You gotta go short gains and run out of bounds when the CPU goes crazy. West coast it down the feild and slowly run the clock. The game gets downright hateful at times because you know the players the CPU is blowing you up with really aren't close to as good if you're using them.

You gotta go short gains and run out of bounds when the CPU goes crazy. West coast it down the feild and slowly run the clock. The game gets downright hateful at times because you know the players the CPU is blowing you up with really aren't close to as good if you're using them.

yeah- i waited too long to go wc against ny and then had some bad bounces against washington- kick returner fumbled at the 9 etc. other issue is aikman misses a lot of even short passes to guys wide open.

yeah- i waited too long to go wc against ny and then had some bad bounces against washington- kick returner fumbled at the 9 etc. other issue is aikman misses a lot of even short passes to guys wide open.

Aikman isn't that good but figure Novacek or Irvin on short passes should be safe. If not I'd run Emmitt to the sidelines everytime and head for OOB. If you get tackled and fumble you still have a chance that it bounces out.

When the computer is on we are going to win mode you have to run plays up the middle on the ground. You can't stretch the field against them, but getting 3-4 yds a play works, and in passing situations you run you fastest pass play and if nothing is open just run to the line of scrimmage. Also, it depends on the team you are playing as when the CPU is in we are winning mode. With the Cowboys I would use the Emmitt Smith draw up the middle play practically the whole game and then on defense play as the SS and keep everything in front of you.

When the computer is on we are going to win mode you have to run plays up the middle on the ground. You can't stretch the field against them, but getting 3-4 yds a play works, and in passing situations you run you fastest pass play and if nothing is open just run to the line of scrimmage. Also, it depends on the team you are playing as when the CPU is in we are winning mode. With the Cowboys I would use the Emmitt Smith draw up the middle play practically the whole game and then on defense play as the SS and keep everything in front of you.

Yeah the draw play works well - I rotated all three backs a lot to avoid injuries and fumbles as best I could. Probably didn't help the 3 losses came after midnight while suffering from insomnia : )

Yeah the draw play works well - I rotated all three backs a lot to avoid injuries and fumbles as best I could. Probably didn't help the 3 losses came after midnight while suffering from insomnia : )

Tecmo Super Bowl, at one time, was the number 1 cause of insomnia. Although the amount of those infected have decreased, it is still immensely contagious if one comes within 50 feet of it.

Tecmo Super Bowl, at one time, was the number 1 cause of insomnia. Although the amount of those infected have decreased, it is still immensely contagious if one comes within 50 feet of it.

I like the way your wording this. I think sometime this summer I will be out sick with the new scary TSB influenza:cool:

We can call it Bo Flu.

Perfect... also on another note- Trying to talk the wife into helping me out with using her iphone to records some of the TSB action so I can post some vids on here for fun. Just to keep the thread rolling maybe a nice highlight reel or two :)

Oh and on a completely unrelated side note - if any of you have an extended warranty on your vehicle - take an hour to go to the dealership and read through it with them - I just had the worst experience with what I thought was a great extended warranty on my Kia - turns out they were able to void it for a very small nitpicky thing and not allow the warranty to cover a blown engine on a 2 year old vehicle with only 40k miles. I learned the hard way to snoop out loopholes before hand.. now with a different car and more expensive payment.. uggh.

Perfect... also on another note- Trying to talk the wife into helping me out with using her iphone to records some of the TSB action so I can post some vids on here for fun. Just to keep the thread rolling maybe a nice highlight reel or two :)

Oh and on a completely unrelated side note - if any of you have an extended warranty on your vehicle - take an hour to go to the dealership and read through it with them - I just had the worst experience with what I thought was a great extended warranty on my Kia - turns out they were able to void it for a very small nitpicky thing and not allow the warranty to cover a blown engine on a 2 year old vehicle with only 40k miles. I learned the hard way to snoop out loopholes before hand.. now with a different car and more expensive payment.. uggh.
Sucks man. Sound like you hit the school of tee today. Trust me when I say, it will get better soon. I returned rental and getting my car back today, so happy for that.

Sucks man. Sound like you hit the school of tee today. Trust me when I say, it will get better soon. I returned rental and getting my car back today, so happy for that.

I did and actually I made out ok in that I got a car ive wanted for a while - albeit for a lot more than I wanted to pay per month. Glad you are getting your car back. Hopefully thats the start of a much better week for you :). I really just wanted to share that as I learned my lesson bigtime.

I did and actually I made out ok in that I got a car ive wanted for a while - albeit for a lot more than I wanted to pay per month. Glad you are getting your car back. Hopefully thats the start of a much better week for you :). I really just wanted to share that as I learned my lesson bigtime.
Thanks man and nice to hear you got your cream puff!

What loop hole?

The beauty of the CPU getting injected with HGH is what made that game so fun. If I'm crushing teams the whole season, things would get boring. This is why I picked as many defensive players as I did early... figured if they're on my squad, they can't crush me if the game gets away from them.. ;)

What loop hole?

Since I got the extended warranty bumper to bumper 10 yrs/ 100k - if I turned down something that the service manager recommended it potentially could render the warranty void if filing a claim. 3 months ago the guy came over when I was going to get my oil changed and recommended I get a few things done on this trip that were standard things to get done at the 30k mile mark. I was in a rush and I verbally asked if it was cool that I get it done the next time I came in. He obliged and said no problem. So the next time I came in - I got that work done all was good. This past Friday night - the car made an awful noise after slipping ( gears) a few times and just died. Get it towed - engine was blown and likely significant damage to the transmission as well. When at the dealer after being towed they quote me a $8500 cost to replace both. I say - I just owe you my 100 dollar deductible and the warranty covers the rest right? Not the case - apparently my delay to get the work done kia casually recommended gave them the right to say the warranty is void and will not cover the damage. I fought for a long time - called several other Kia dealerships and it standed pat. Really couldn't afford to play this out via getting an attorney involved and after reading the fine print - technically they were accurate to a point. So all in all - ended up trading it in - working out a good faith sum of money from Kia ( at least better than losing 8k in equity on the trade in and got a new dodge. It was quite a mess - but I learned to read that thing verbatim.

Wow. 2 years old and only 40K miles and the engine blew? I would have contacted a lawyer to see if there was any way to go after the maker... Guaranteed they would have replaced the engine rather than risk news getting out that their engines blow that quickly.. Sorry to hear that though, brutal.

Also, Tee... sorry to hear about you situation man. If there's anything we can do to help, just let us know. This board has plenty of people who surely would be able to lend a hand.

Since I got the extended warranty bumper to bumper 10 yrs/ 100k - if I turned down something that the service manager recommended it potentially could render the warranty void if filing a claim. 3 months ago the guy came over when I was going to get my oil changed and recommended I get a few things done on this trip that were standard things to get done at the 30k mile mark. I was in a rush and I verbally asked if it was cool that I get it done the next time I came in. He obliged and said no problem. So the next time I came in - I got that work done all was good. This past Friday night - the car made an awful noise after slipping ( gears) a few times and just died. Get it towed - engine was blown and likely significant damage to the transmission as well. When at the dealer after being towed they quote me a $6500 cost to replace both. I say - I just owe you my 100 dollar deductible and the warranty covers the rest right? Not the case - apparently my delay to get the work done kia casually recommended gave them the right to say the warranty is void and will not cover the damage. I fought for a long time - called several other Kia dealerships and it standed pat. Really couldn't afford to play this out via getting an attorney involved and after reading the fine print - technically they were accurate to a point. So all in all - ended up trading it in - working out a good faith sum of money from Kia ( at least better than losing 8k in equity on the trade in and got a new dodge. It was quite a mess - but I learned to read that thing verbatim.

No good. I would've still lawyered up on that one as your verbal "agreement" wasn't properly responded to. Might even go to the DA or whoever in regards to this.

Since I got the extended warranty bumper to bumper 10 yrs/ 100k - if I turned down something that the service manager recommended it potentially could render the warranty void if filing a claim. 3 months ago the guy came over when I was going to get my oil changed and recommended I get a few things done on this trip that were standard things to get done at the 30k mile mark. I was in a rush and I verbally asked if it was cool that I get it done the next time I came in. He obliged and said no problem. So the next time I came in - I got that work done all was good. This past Friday night - the car made an awful noise after slipping ( gears) a few times and just died. Get it towed - engine was blown and likely significant damage to the transmission as well. When at the dealer after being towed they quote me a $6500 cost to replace both. I say - I just owe you my 100 dollar deductible and the warranty covers the rest right? Not the case - apparently my delay to get the work done kia casually recommended gave them the right to say the warranty is void and will not cover the damage. I fought for a long time - called several other Kia dealerships and it standed pat. Really couldn't afford to play this out via getting an attorney involved and after reading the fine print - technically they were accurate to a point. So all in all - ended up trading it in - working out a good faith sum of money from Kia ( at least better than losing 8k in equity on the trade in and got a new dodge. It was quite a mess - but I learned to read that thing verbatim.
Although it's written in the warranty, I assume it wasn't explained to that level of detail when you purchased the warranty. Having bought a few cars, I would assume they offered you the warranty when you purchased the vehicle and failed to explain what would void it. Further, I would assume that when the recommendations were made to you for service, they never mentioned that it would void your warranty had you not pursued the services. Sounds like misrepresentation by the dealership and I would bet you could have had a case to fight those guys.

I can tell you that any Mercedes dealer would have made good on this, for fear of losing a customer. Sounds like Kia dealers are shady as can be.

Also, what work was recommended at 40k? What work did you have done when you told them you'd get said work done next time? What was the fatal flaw that caused the engine to grenade?

No good. I would've still lawyered up on that one as your verbal "agreement" wasn't properly responded to. Might even go to the DA or whoever in regards to this.

I was right at that point and then did some research that this is not new in working with Kia. They have pulled this several times and the AG in various states has gotten involved. I may still take action as I didn't sign anything for Kia - they simply worked out something with the dodge dealership I got the new car from after I gave them hell all day.

Although it's written in the warranty, I assume it wasn't explained to that level of detail when you purchased the warranty. Having bought a few cars, I would assume they offered you the warranty when you purchased the vehicle and failed to explain what would void it. Further, I would assume that when the recommendations were made to you for service, they never mentioned that it would void your warranty had you not pursued the services. Sounds like misrepresentation by the dealership and I would bet you could have had a case to fight those guys.

I can tell you that any Mercedes dealer would have made good on this, for fear of losing a customer. Sounds like Kia dealers are shady as can be.

Yeah - the dodge dealership I worked with walked through the entire warranty with me they have and explained where it would be voided which was good. They have a much better warranty program than Kia- thats for sure. That lovely Kia/Hyundai 10 yr thing sounded much better than it turns out to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom