Tennessee interested in Babers | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee interested in Babers

PASyrFan

Walk On
Tennessee is expressing heavy interest in Dino Babers. I’ve heard this from PSU insiders. I haven’t seen a thing on this board. Is this being discussed at all in Syracuse????

At his current record, the state of Tennessee will fume at getting Babers as their head coach. As much as I support Babers and want him for the longterm, I'd be happy for him and his family if he got an offer from Tennessee which will undoubtedly pay 3x+ more than here.

If Babers becomes the Tenn head coach in 2018 I will set up a $10,000 per annum Syrfan.com fund for moderator compensation with OrangeExtreme and BillO receiving a tad extra for the Red Ram connection.

Even Derek Dooley won games before tn hired him, no? Can't fathom that would work

I live in Tennessee and am forced to follow a lot of high schools kids via Twitter due to my job.

They are Gruden or bust. Literally. If they bust, they will go the alum route more than likely or pay for a coach with a running record.

why would psu insiders know?

I wish I knew. I received texts from both at different times today. That’s why I’m asking if there are any rumors floating around in Syracuse.

I live in Tennessee and am forced to follow a lot of high schools kids via Twitter due to my job.

They are Gruden or bust. Literally. If they bust, they will go the alum route more than likely or pay for a coach with a running record.

Gruden, lol. One of the more overrated coaches out there. I hope Tennessee hires him, it’ll be another train wreck.

Gruden, lol. One of the more overrated coaches out there. I hope Tennessee hires him, it’ll be another train wreck.

Gruden is never gonna leave ESPN, but I find it so funny with how they think they have a chance. People I've followed (nearly every athlete in the state) retweets everything with Gruden and Tennessee. Their hearts are gonna be so broken and I think that is a great symbol for a fanbase w/ improper expectations.

Besides Gruden, heard Mullen and Campbell... Would think Babers is pretty far down the list.

Besides Gruden, heard Mullen and Campbell... Would think Babers is pretty far down the list.
Dan Mullen's gonna be a Gator... Campbell's gonna be the hottest guy on the market if he moves.

No big school is going to take Dino and allow him to have relatively unknown coordinators who get to stay completely out of the spotlight like he has here.

So if he does go, his model has to change.

Wouldn’t fly at Florida or Tennessee.

Dan Mullen's gonna be a Gator... Campbell's gonna be the hottest guy on the market if he moves.
Yeah think Mullen should stay at State, less pressure, more realistic expectations but Florida would be the move. Just haven't heard any buzz on Babers but maybe as the rejections roll in as they did a few years ago when Butch ultimately got the job, maybe Dino's name will get a couple mentions.

Most posters here love Dino think he is a fantastic coach and feel that if he got high level talent to work with, he could win the ACC and get to the playoffs. That is the only thing holding him back, got to get the recruits. Now don't you all think that AD's and big time boosters can see that? Their reputations and jobs are on the line no matter who they pick.

Tennessee is expressing heavy interest in Dino Babers. I’ve heard this from PSU insiders. I haven’t seen a thing on this board. Is this being discussed at all in Syracuse????
Dude,are you kidding me? Haven't seen a thing? All we ever talk about here is when is the coach leaving and our attendance sucks. The week he got hired I saw talk of him leaving .After the VaTech game he was as good as gone. People on this board spend most of the week checking out coaches on the hot seat and which one Babers will replace.
We will never be good again.

Campbell will have his pick of jobs over the next 1-2 offseasons. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom