Tennessee interested in Babers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee interested in Babers

Tennessee is expressing heavy interest in Dino Babers. I’ve heard this from PSU insiders. I haven’t seen a thing on this board. Is this being discussed at all in Syracuse????
okp66FD.gif

Lol,,funny stuff. DINO trending to the UT job is about as reasonable as Butch going there in the first place.

At his current record, the state of Tennessee will fume at getting Babers as their head coach. As much as I support Babers and want him for the longterm, I'd be happy for him and his family if he got an offer from Tennessee which will undoubtedly pay 3x+ more than here.
I wouldn't. I live in Knoxville and would hate the punch in the gut at losing him to this entitled fanbase.

Most posters here love Dino think he is a fantastic coach and feel that if he got high level talent to work with, he could win the ACC and get to the playoffs. That is the only thing holding him back, got to get the recruits. Now don't you all think that AD's and big time boosters can see that? Their reputations and jobs are on the line no matter who they pick.

No because no AD or booster in the country cares what SU fans on a fanboard are saying about their favorite coach.

I live in Tennessee and am forced to follow a lot of high schools kids via Twitter due to my job.

They are Gruden or bust. Literally. If they bust, they will go the alum route more than likely or pay for a coach with a running record.
They've been all about Gruden the last two times the job came open. The fans that aren't morons know that's not happening.

No because no AD or booster in the country cares what SU fans on a fanboard are saying about their favorite coach.
That is not my point. My point is that they can see how close he and this team is to being very good without having real stocked talent, facilities, fan support etc. When your an AD at a big school there is no sure bet or safe pick, it's all a calculated risk.

Skip Holtz, Frank Wilson, and Scott Satterfield are all likely targets. Babers wouldn't crack the top twenty even. Chip Kelly is more likely than that rumor to be true.

FWIW, I haven't heard any local media mention Baber's name down here. One of the local respected sports talk guys said the AD has stated he will not comment until a coach has been hired. He went on to say that's usually just rhetoric and that he can usually get information from his contacts amongst the boosters. This time around it's been nothing but crickets. Anyone claiming to know something is full of BS.

I really wish the OP had used just about any verbiage besides "PSU insiders."

Shudder.

FWIW, I haven't heard any local media mention Baber's name down here. One of the local respected sports talk guys said the AD has stated he will not comment until a coach has been hired. He went on to say that's usually just rhetoric and that he can usually get information from his contacts amongst the boosters. This time around it's been nothing but crickets. Anyone claiming to know something is full of BS.
I heard that Franklin was on the short list for Florida and Tennessee

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. If Babers got the Miami job or the VaTech job last year does anyone here think he wouldn't be going to the ACC championship this year. Everyone else who follows college football closely can see that too.

Right. Because PSU insiders have their finger on the pulse of the Tennessee athletic department.

It’s their new hey look over there because there’s nothing to see here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom