Tennessee interested in Babers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee interested in Babers

Tennessee is expressing heavy interest in Dino Babers. I’ve heard this from PSU insiders. I haven’t seen a thing on this board. Is this being discussed at all in Syracuse????

Sports Illustrated ran an article on the Tennessee and Florida jobs today, and among about 10 candidates, Babers wasn't mentioned.

The Giants aren’t firing McAdoo to go and get Hue Jackson.

Neither is Tennessee gonna look at Babers.

At least not till he has a Top 5 finish.

Dino is not going to get the Florida, Tennessee, or UCLA jobs. Oregon State, Arkansas maybe depending on who fills the top 3. A&M is a dark horse but im not sure they make a move this year.

Oregon State is a worse job than Syracuse. The PNW doesn't produce top talent and he'd have to compete with Oregon, Washington, Wazzu, USC, UCLA, Stanford as well as the college blue bloods for top tier CA talent. OSUw is probably the worst job in D1-A football.

Penn State "insiders" still believe Saint Joe did nothing wrong

I was never a fan of PSU but I respected their program until this...still burns me up. A couple weeks ago I was at a pub watching games and an OSU asked who I was rooting for in the PSU / OSU game. I told him I don't think PSU should have received the death penalty and should have had to start all over again. It is bad enough happened but to hear all of these people in denial just turns my stomach every time I read something like this. Not the topic of this thread so sorry for the rant.

Wut? We are facing back to back losing seasons, lost at home to a G5, and got blown out AT HOME, by freaking Wake Forest. We couldn't take advantage of a terrible FSU squad and might be facing another no win after big win situation similar to last year. I have just as much reason to believe we will lose both of the next two games as I do to think we could win. That being said, back to back 4-8 seasons and no bowl games at the P5 level means nobody from upper D1 ranks is going to come poach our coach. Reminds of that guy at the bar looking to fight anyone who glances at his frizzy hair, muffin topped, post-pregnancy stretch marks showing in her half-shirt ratchet girlfriend. She looks alot better to us. Dino's had a few great games and some fantastic passing performances under his offense, he's also been gashed worse than just about any coach who's been here including Gerg in some games. How many points did we give up to Wake again?

Dino is not going to get the Florida, Tennessee, or UCLA jobs. Oregon State, Arkansas maybe depending on who fills the top 3. A&M is a dark horse but im not sure they make a move this year.
look at illinois

There has been no flights from Knoxville to Syracuse. I monitor everyday.

There has been, however, a flight from Gainseville to New Jersey today. I assume to interivew Chris Ash (Rutgers).
Flight Activity for N100FG (A00538) on November 15th 2017 (UTC)

they are going to interview a 4-6 coach who lost to E Michigan and no even decent wins? Vs the 4-6 coach who lost to Mid Tenn but beat Clemson and hung around with just about everyone else?

Gruden, lol. One of the more overrated coaches out there. I hope Tennessee hires him, it’ll be another train wreck.

Listening to maddog a few minutes ago, sounds like gruden would entertain a pro offer. He and tirico were very tight and it isn't the same with SM. dont think he wants to put up with the recruiting of the college game.

Top P5 schools look at coaches who can get the most out of their players, can deal with alumni and recruit with the best. Put Dino at a school with major talent and resources like Tennessee, Arkansas or TA&M and you can throw his dismal won/loss record out the window for he has all three of the above attributes.

Top P5 schools look at coaches who can get the most out of their players, can deal with alumni and recruit with the best. Put Dino at a school with major talent and resources like Tennessee, Arkansas or TA&M and you can throw his dismal won/loss record out the window for he has all three of the above attributes.

The expectations are high at A&M. Sumlin can recruit has never had a losing season, but is on the hot seat.

As true as that may be, boosters, alumni, and fans of a school like Tennessee don't want to hear it. Jones has a losing season after three straight bowl seasons and he gets canned. People connected to Tennessee would riot if they hired a losing P5 coach.

Listening to maddog a few minutes ago, sounds like gruden would entertain a pro offer. He and tirico were very tight and it isn't the same with SM. dont think he wants to put up with the recruiting of the college game.

My Bears better not hire him.

smith is on a very hot seat there. dino knows the midwest area very well, and recruits it. it maybe of interest to him if it comes to pass.
Dino's not leaving for a peer...

Better than Fox by a mile. Maybe.

Well... he would definitely win 6 - 8 games a year, most years. So in that sense, he would be quite the upgrade. How I long for the terrible coaching of Lovie Smith.

Unless the money difference was just incredible, I can’t even imagine wanting to live in most of these SEC towns where 7-5 gets you fired. Do the better resources and recruiting grounds really matter that much if all the other schools in the league have the same thing and the expectations are just out of control?

I’d rather coach at Syracuse than Arkansas any day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom