Thamel: Syracuse forward Jerami Grant plans to announce he's declaring for the NBA Draft today. | Syracusefan.com

Thamel: Syracuse forward Jerami Grant plans to announce he's declaring for the NBA Draft today.

Rothstein never got the memo. ;)

Next man up.

Last edited:
Great. Now that opens the door for our next athletic forward with "upside" to come in and put up promising but "long ways to go" 10 pts. and 7 rebounds type of numbers, only to then "strike while the iron is hot" and jump to the pros. Awesome cycle going right now! No wonder the quality of play at this level stinks.

Yup. Rooting for 1 and 2 year mercenaries is just not that fun anymore.

Except Grant was not supposed to be a two-year merc. And Ennis wasn't supposed to be a one year merc.

Oh well. Good luck, Jerami. I hope everything works out for you.

Ugh. This could be a donte-bad decision...

Except that JG has two seriously knowledgable "advisors" that genuinely have his best interest at heart.

If his dad and uncle say he should make the jump, then who are we to say he shouldn't?

Questionable decision, but with his family, I'm sure it wasn't for lack of knowledge.

Everyone needs to calm down on next year. Team is stil talented, young, and we always seem to be better with no expectations.

what did you think we would do in 2010? 2003? 1996?

we'll more than likely survive.

2010: we had 3 starters that were like 22-23 years old.

2003: We had Carmelo(and Edelin and GMac!) coming in, and Deshaun was gone. I felt great.

1996: We had a senior John Wallace, who we already knew was really good.

I was actually quite confident in all of those years.

I think the unexpected 25-9 2nd round of the tourney success of the 2001 team, or the 21-10 2nd round 1992 teams where a previously decent player like Shumpert or Dave Johnson suddenly makes a huge leap in a starring role is the more likely "best case scenario" type of season for next year. We're Syracuse, we don't recruits scrubs. The cupboard is not bare. But it's hard to see us being real strong by our standards next year.

I enjoy watching Jerami play, but he has zero chance of getting on the floor next year in the NBA. He has no offensive skill set that translates to the NBA. He is physically weak, which transcends the problem even more. He has D League written all over him. He is going to have a hard time playing enough to give an NBA team confidence offering him a second contract. Whoever is advising him on this decision is not looking out for his best interests, but maybe their own.