Thamel: Syracuse forward Jerami Grant plans to announce he's declaring for the NBA Draft today. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel: Syracuse forward Jerami Grant plans to announce he's declaring for the NBA Draft today.

John Wallace's most famous shot at SU was a 3, he wasn't shooting those his first two years. Hak got stretched out, as did others (in an earlier post I made). Heck CJ was jacking 3s all season and he started out as a putback and dunk guy.

Wallace probably is a bad example looking at his NBA career. I don't think the extra year helped him make more money. But it's impossible to tell for sure. And not many kids grow up dreaming to play for cuse like I did. Their most famous Syracuse shot isn't part of the discussion. That's where you are confused. Maybe at 50 it's great to talk about. But at 21, Wallace didn't care about hitting a 3 9 months later in the tournament.

CJ wasn't jacking 3's this season. No idea what you are talking about on that note. He may have avgd 3 attempts per game.

Wallace probably is a bad example looking at his NBA career. I don't think the extra year helped him make more money. But it's impossible to tell for sure. And not many kids grow up dreaming to play for cuse like I did. Their most famous Syracuse shot isn't part of the discussion. That's where you are confused. Maybe at 50 it's great to talk about. But at 21, Wallace didn't care about hitting a 3 9 months later in the tournament.

CJ wasn't jacking 3's this season. No idea what you are talking about on that note. He may have avgd 3 attempts per game.

The question was on JB allowing Grant to do more to develop his game. Wallace clearly did as a senior, and next to CJ's soph year he was shooting far more from the outside and from 3 this season. I just used Wallace's shot against UGa as an example of shooting it from deep.

When Wallace got drafted by the Knicks the whole Meadowlands was going nuts for the Knicks to take him, that run didn't hurt.