Thamel's latest | Syracusefan.com

Thamel's latest

Agreed.. I still have a glimmer of hope but I'd also be surprised

Kentucky is -400 to win the title now... wow :noidea:

it's like they're playing for next year's title already

I, for one, don't mind these articles. Keep blowing smoke up UK's arses. Makes them over confident. Over confidence breeds complacency, which makes them susceptible to an upset.

Well I guess we don't need to play the games ... might as well keep the team in Syracuse.

I'm hoping for a Baylor Kentucky game. Kentucky better be on their A games.

By PETE THAMEL
The field in the men’s tournament has evolved to the point where it would be surprising if Kentucky did not win the title

So was Houston in '83, G'town in '85 and UNLV in '91...and I would not begin to compare this Kentucky team to any of those teams...

They clearly have the most talent but they are very young...

And anything can happen when it is a one-game elimination...

Who have they played? Iowa St? I'm still waiting for them to prove it against some other top 10 teams.

So was Houston in '83, G'town in '85 and UNLV in '91...and I would not begin to compare this Kentucky team to any of those teams...

They clearly have the most talent but they are very young...

And anything can happen when it is a one-game elimination...

UConn 2006 looked as dominant as anyone in the last decade - they had 4 NBA first rounders on that squad - but still found themselves bounced by little George Mason in the Regional Finals

It is my opinion that Kentucky's 'A' game is better than anyone else's in the field, and probably by double digits.

That said, no team brings their A game night in and night out, they've been beaten twice and it could certainly happen again. But man, they have a ton of talent on that squad.

Interesting that Thamel says "The Big East and the Big Ten, which were regarded as the best leagues, each have four teams in the Round of 16. "

Was it really a consensus throughout the season that the Big East and the Big 10 were the best leagues? I heard the Big 10. Thought I kept hearing about the weakness of the Big East this year and a s a result some very well known pundits kept saying we hadn't played anybody. Hmm

Going by the RPI, which is objective at worst, the Big East ranked second in RPI.

I, for one, don't mind these articles. Keep blowing smoke up UK's arses. Makes them over confident. Over confidence breeds complacency, which makes them susceptible to an upset.
Kentucky 1997
UNLV 1991
Georgetown 1985
Kentucky 1966

Those that came to mind.

We beat Kansas State by as much as UK beat Iowa State. They make it sound like they won by 30 and we won by 1.

If NC State can beat Houston in '83 and Villanova can beat Georgetown in '85, it's not a forgone conclusion that Kentucky will win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom