That 2nd half by Kaleb | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

That 2nd half by Kaleb

First time this season that he really displayed some serious burst - loved it !!!

He's going to be a fantastic shooting guard! :)

His mid-range game is very impressive - he's had good touch with those shots all year. Wish he utilized it more. I always thought Triche should have utilized his mid-range game more. Alas, Brandon never cared what I had to say (or even knew what I had to say).
Yeah - shooting guard. He'll have to stop with the assists then. ;)

Look at what happens when guys get to play minutes, and play through mistakes...even if BC is a horrible team, it's games like this where you need to let young guys gain some confidence.

DEFINITELY played a very solid game--he was fantastic shooting the rock tonight.

Important to keep in mind that BC is the worst team in the conference, though.

Maybe the worst team in all of P5. Lets not get carried away here. Duke game will be telling...

He needs to build on this. Just a few games ago everyone thought Roberson was "growing" and that the "light had come on."

Kaleb is so much more important to us than Roberson is too. So this was a good sign. I dont get what people love about Roberson honestly. Well let me re-phrase that... he is very likeable. Works hard, grabs some big boards, etc... But there is a reason that a struggling Chris M started over him. There is also a reason Chris M will still be the starter next year. Tyler is a great backup forward. Great. He is what we need to have for depth to survive foul trouble the next couple seasons. He will start as a senior once Chris M leaves.

Doesnt shoot it well, doesnt finish well. He is the guy that if we were playing against, would let shoot every single time (like BC did). The high low game with him and Rak will not work anymore when people sag off him. He has to make some 15 footers.

Lots of work to do as he reaches the half way point of his SU career. Still time to improve...

DEFINITELY played a very solid game--he was fantastic shooting the rock tonight.

Important to keep in mind that BC is the worst team in the conference, though.

More important to keep in mind that both Kaleb and BJ needed positive games more than anything. I don't take it as an indication that they are going to do anything in particular against Duke, but last night's game should be an important shot in the arm for both players which can only be a positive.

More important to keep in mind that both Kaleb and BJ needed positive games more than anything. I don't take it as an indication that they are going to do anything in particular against Duke, but last night's game should be an important shot in the arm for both players which can only be a positive.

No argument there on either count.

Beating Duke is a longshot, at best. But we sure won't be able to do it playing 6, with only three scorers. We need something--anything from BJ just so we can field a rotation. And hopefully last night's game success carries over. Ditto Kaleb. Hope he brings it Saturday.

Hope springs eternal, but I'd be shocked if we were even close to Duke on Saturday. They're easily as talented on offense as UNC and we lost by 10 to UNC even with big games from our big 3. The Tar Heels killed us on the glass, but also turned the ball over 20 times. Duke, while not as beefy, is just as tall up front with Okafor/Plumlee and Jefferson, and I don't think Duke is going to turn it over 20 times. Our lineup worked yesterday ... and we were able to rebound and score against a pretty small BC team. But Saturday's a different story. Last year, G struggled against Duke at the Dome, so I look for him to bounce back against his former team. TC's going to be shadowed the entire game, so someone else (G, BJ?) is going to have to step up and make shots or get to the rim.

The Okafor/Rak matchup is going to be the highlight of the game -- but as pointed out in this thread. whether we win or loose will be determined by the modest contributions of our least experienced players: KJ, BJ and TR, maybe even Patterson. I say this because we will need a big game from ALL of them to have a chance. I think we're going to be switching from beer to hard liquor on this one, but hey, you never know. That's why they play the game.

Last edited:
Maybe the worst team in all of P5. Lets not get carried away here. Duke game will be telling...
Lets not get carried away in either direction. Given that Duke is one of the best in the country, how will that tell any more than playing one of the worst? The kid is still a frosh and had a very good game vs BC showing he does have some skills many have not seen to date. It bodes very well for the future for our squad. Its insane to think he will be able to do with Duke what he did with BC. That does not diminish his potential. One step at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom