That was a shame | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

That was a shame

Team played well. We lost our 2 bigs who can play right now.
Got beat on the road in a 1 point game.
The ND and VPI home games are more frustrating than this game.

If we play like we did tonight we will win at least 17 games.
I am not going to be greedy in expectations. Just play well and we will win games.

Power of positive thinking, I guess. I’m honestly not even trying to be mean. I could use a bit of your optimism in my life.

In short, I don’t think there’s a way in hell we make the tourney without beating two of Duke, FSU, and Louisville. That almost certainly won’t happen.
Agree to disagree. I don’t think we need to beat 2. 1 would be enough but I think we can and possibly will beat anyone not named those three

Nit. Brutal loss to a bad team.
Clemson is not bad, they've won 5 of 7 and beat NC on road and Duke at home. They are like every other team in the ACC that's not Duke, Louisville and FSU. This game does not doom us to the NIT at all. Half the sked is left plus the ACCT. Gotta pile up some wins and steal one from the Big 3.

Agree to disagree. I don’t think we need to beat 2. 1 would be enough but I think we can and possibly will beat anyone not named those three
Virginia winning tonight could get us a quad 1 win. It also could bite us if it comes down to us vs them to get in.

Win Saturday and all is forgiven. JB really should give Hughes and Buddy a breather. They are both jump shooters that rely on their legs. They had nothing late.

6 games ago if we knew we would go 5-1 everyone would be giddy and saying we still had a shot at the ncaas. We still have a chance. Lot of games left.
Not to mention this is their first road loss in the ACC. How you play away from home is always a measuring stick for the committee. Just can’t let this loss attribute to others.

6 games ago if we knew we would go 5-1 everyone would be giddy and saying we still had a shot at the ncaas. We still have a chance. Lot of games left.

Aside from @ Louisville and @ FSU, I could see us winning any of our remaining games. Just think those two teams are too athletic for us.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost any of our remaining games, save Wake Forest.

going into it we knew we were going to lose games like this. they beat us up inside and we knew that was going to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom