That was the worst broadcast team to do a Syracuse FB game, right? | Syracusefan.com

That was the worst broadcast team to do a Syracuse FB game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pbp lady had no emotion at all and didn’t know who anybody was.

Fauria was not much better.

It was painful that's for sure. There have been some awful ones before so hard to say

As iv said before iv never ever actually heard the person calling the game searching there paper before till tonight lol
Doing research! Nice! I applaud the effort!

83D13FF1-CE40-4364-B91E-E07E2D27A72C.jpeg

It's like she called the game without a prepared poster card with the players listed and diagrammed by position. There was a delay after the catches as she had to scan a numerical roster like in a game program to find the number and player. It seems like she had no coaching or training. Terrible job by CBSSN. You can't call a football game like a basketball game. There's 22 players to keep track of and not 10 and there no subs at a scorer's table.

MAYBE SHE WAS NERVOUS, MARK!!?

How about offer your expert support/advice/help, instead of being a busybody male Karen and attacking her on Twitter!
The thing is, Mark wasn't wrong. It's one thing to be nervous or to make mistakes. But it is another to not be prepared or seem to care about the game she was doing. Maybe she was called at the last minute to do the game.

The thing is, Mark wasn't wrong. It's one thing to be nervous or to make mistakes. But it is another to not be prepared or seem to care about the game she was doing. Maybe she was called at the last minute to do the game.

No, she was the assigned pbp announcer from the start.

Worst I’ve heard by far. First game? Okay, some good experience I suppose and only going to improve and no doubt it’s a tough job. But yikes. YIKES.

On the touchdown catch to Alford it was dead silent for like 3 seconds after it.

I believe she is a PBP announcer for women's hoops. She probably got a short notice call to fill in. If she calls games, she probably is somewhat of a professional and likely does some game prep as most professionals do. However, as a hoops analyst, she is probably not proficient in football - this was her first time calling a football game - so expecting her to get the calls right is too much.

While I agree, she could have been much better, I think that someone who announces games for a living would do a better job if they had any preparation time. This makes me think she was a late add to the crew. This is especially borne out by the fact that she made the obvious repetitive mistake of referring to the field as the floor, which is what she would naturally refer to the playing surface as in a hoops game, or having an prep time would have worked on calling the field a field.

Add to the fact that this was her first football game, she was also announcing a game in front of arguably the best sports broadcasting school, which means we are spoiled and expect more. we will key in on every mistake because we are used to the highest standards of experts coming from SU.

Anyway, she did her best, it was bad, she will do better if she is called on to do so again. We will not likely have her call any more SU games, she's not tied in with ESPN.

Worst I’ve heard by far. First game? Okay, some good experience I suppose and only going to improve and no doubt it’s a tough job. But yikes. YIKES.

On the touchdown catch to Alford it was dead silent for like 3 seconds after it.
Yeah I thought my satellite wad screwed up!

Yes. I posted something I thought was funny (Chris Tucker vs Sean Tucker comment) and the admins deleted it.

So IMO…when you literally get the best player in the game’s name wrong…that’s pretty bad.

44cuse
Wasn't the "Chris Tucker" comment made by the on-field reporter, not by the PBP announcer? At least, that is who I first heard state it.

Yes. I posted something I thought was funny (Chris Tucker vs Sean Tucker comment) and the admins deleted it.

So IMO…when you literally get the best player in the game’s name wrong…that’s pretty bad.

44cuse
Making Chris Tucker Friday jokes was almost as enjoyable to me as the actual game tonight. And that’s saying something, because this game was FUN.

With CBS losing the SEC, are they just giving up trying and caring? Horrible to throw someone so unprepared out there on national tv. I can't believe I own this dog of a PARA stock, to boot.

It was HS level. Like FM vs CBA level. Not high level D1 football, which, believe it or not, that game was (well at least one way :) ). It was brutal.

And Syracuse doubles up by a score of 27 to 7. What? And they let the kickoff go out of bounds (as it goes through the end zone). And don’t get me started that the guy on the field reported about Chris Tucker.
I do think Fauria (?) knows some about the game like I said in the game thread but clearly needs a PBP to direct traffic. Then the targeting review happened and I scaled that back. What were they watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom