That was the worst broadcast team to do a Syracuse FB game, right? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

That was the worst broadcast team to do a Syracuse FB game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fauria was laughable too. We ran a Naked Boot in the 1st half. Well designed, GS took it 12 or 15 yards. Slick little call. Play fake followed by GS rolling to the wide side where he had a lot of room to work.

Fauria called it a busted play 3 or 4 times, even watching it on the Replay he just kept belaboring that take. Had no idea what he’d just seen. I was completely befuddled that an NFL TE really couldn’t recognize literally one of the oldest plays in football.
I forgot about that one!! My 13 year old daughter screams “that’s not a busted play!” My wife spit out her drink.

It was hilarious, lol.

Then I remembered the 50 or so Newhouse dorks I knew that would read a sports almanac to sleep each night and maybe got to call a Delmarva Shorebirds preseason scrimmage.

Then it was REALLY hilarious.

It was probably the most hilariously pbp bad broadcast I think I’ve ever seen. Like it was generally funny at times and worth it.

Rookie or not, I think that may be enough lol.

Not to mention, the other dude there was completely out to lunch as well. It’s like they had 30 lbs of weed in the booth or something.

It often seemed lile she never used her player sheet and would just read their name plates. She did that when Del Rio Wilson entered the game. And when Wax was in endzone and she realized a WR didnt get a strip sack and fumble recovery. She legit thought it was a basketball game.

They were just so bad. Sideline reporter got the best player om fields name wrong.

And the color commentary talk about stunting non stop. He had terrible analysis. He really wanted to blitz every play against Syracuse. Shrader is to athletic of a QB to do that.

It's like she called the game without a prepared poster card with the players listed and diagrammed by position. There was a delay after the catches as she had to scan a numerical roster like in a game program to find the number and player. It seems like she had no coaching or training. Terrible job by CBSSN. You can't call a football game like a basketball game. There's 22 players to keep track of and not 10 and there no subs at a scorer's table.
I always thought these guys have used spotters to help them identify players, but clearly she had no one in her ear. Yes, she was raw and unprepared, but was it also the producer and the entire production team's first games as well. It's supposed to be a team effort and they failed her miserably.

MAYBE SHE WAS NERVOUS, MARK!!?

How about offer your expert support/advice/help, instead of being a busybody male Karen and attacking her on Twitter!

Uhhh he did offer advice... he said to do better homework and that there are better more qualified people who could have called that game

The pbp lady had no emotion at all and didn’t know who anybody was.

Fauria was not much better.
life is too short to listen to ex players with brain damage or people under the age of 50 who chose to go to j school so most of the time i turn it off and listen to music but i did catch her saying time out on the floor a few times

Two time Super Bowl champion Christian Fauria gets a pass from this Patriots fan.

The pbp lady had no emotion at all and didn’t know who anybody was.

Fauria was not much better.
They were the worst to do any game.

The Brian Fontana math was peak clown show for me.

I can understand an incorrectly identified player or mispronunciation. Those are typically acknowledged with a correction or apology of some sort.

But her “Doubles up…by 20” line had me wondering if she was reading a Ron Burgundy teleprompter.

The Brian Fontana math was peak clown show for me.

I can understand an incorrectly identified player or mispronunciation. Those are typically acknowledged with a correction or apology of some sort.

But her “Doubles up…by 20” line had me wondering if she was reading a Ron Burgundy teleprompter.
I believe she is Canadian. Could be Metric Math.

It's like she called the game without a prepared poster card with the players listed and diagrammed by position. There was a delay after the catches as she had to scan a numerical roster like in a game program to find the number and player. It seems like she had no coaching or training. Terrible job by CBSSN. You can't call a football game like a basketball game. There's 22 players to keep track of and not 10 and there no subs at a scorer's table.
“Time out on the court”

It often seemed lile she never used her player sheet and would just read their name plates. She did that when Del Rio Wilson entered the game. And when Wax was in endzone and she realized a WR didnt get a strip sack and fumble recovery. She legit thought it was a basketball game.

They were just so bad. Sideline reporter got the best player om fields name wrong.

And the color commentary talk about stunting non stop. He had terrible analysis. He really wanted to blitz every play against Syracuse. Shrader is to athletic of a QB to do that.
And she thought it was Pena with the strip and TD. Not realizing that we have a #2 on offense and a #2 on defense.

And let’s give her a break. If her first language is Canadian, it’s hard to do a game speaking American.
And she probably grew up watching the CFL. Definitely explains it.

Somebody higher up at CBS sports network should be "demoted" for allowing that to even happen. You have a point guard doing the PBP, a color guy who is only marginally better, and they both seemed to have downed a few Xanax Frappuccino's before the game.

I was going to mute the sound and stream the WAER kids, and I would have if the game were close. However, it was a blowout, so I kept the sound on for hilarity value because it was like playing old time comic music behind a silent movie. It's not like I needed them to tell me what was going on anyway.

I think what happened was that they were not really at the game. They put a desk in the basement of a furniture store that had closed for the night and the dynamic duo was streaming a replay of the game from the future that was overlayed by an old SU-UConn basketball game from the 80's. I was disappointed that there were not any Dom Perno or Pearl Washington references during the timeouts on the floor. CBS apparently ran the sound from a failed sitcom pilot over the football game.

Fauria was laughable too. We ran a Naked Boot in the 1st half. Well designed, GS took it 12 or 15 yards. Slick little call. Play fake followed by GS rolling to the wide side where he had a lot of room to work.

Fauria called it a busted play 3 or 4 times, even watching it on the Replay he just kept belaboring that take. Had no idea what he’d just seen. I was completely befuddled that an NFL TE really couldn’t recognize literally one of the oldest plays in football.
Correct me if I am wrong because I turned the volume down but I thought he said Nate Carter didnt lose a game in HS. It was actually the opposite. He didnt win. They might have won 1 game.

And she thought it was Pena with the strip and TD. Not realizing that we have a #2 on offense and a #2 on defense.
Who look nothing alike from a skin tone perspective from miles away

If she ever does a football game again, she will do better. I’m sure she learned a lot. Unfortunately for her, it had to be the hard way. These commentators need to do a lot of homework to prepare for the game.

I think Fauria played TE on that Colorado team that lost to us in the Fiesta Bowl.

He is. Also played in the NFL. Little trivia: I worked with his brother Lance (who passed away a couple years ago at 52) here in Houston for a year or so. He was our Chief of Security at a private prison. Real nice guy and huge. None of the prisoners messed with him. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom