The 10 things you currently dislike the most in college basketball | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The 10 things you currently dislike the most in college basketball

1. The cult of bracketology, and the word "bracketology" itself.

2. SU basketball telecasts that invariably begin with a shot of a snowy campus or Carrier Dome scene, and broadcasters who act as if Syracuse is located on the polar ice cap.

3. The demise of the mid-range jumper in college basketball.

4. Television directors who choose to show the live game action from bizarre camera angles. Stick to the standard pan shot and save the beauty shots for replays.

5. NCAA witch hunts.

6. Barkley and the other clueless NBA clowns covering the NCAA Tournament after watching about 30 seconds of college basketball during the regular season.

Last edited:
The thing about "bracketology" is that I wouldn't know it existed if not for posters who link it here... Posters who I suspect list 'bracketology" as a top ten thing they hate about college basketball.

1. Uconn
2.uconn
3. Uconn
4. Uconn
5 uconn
6 uconn
7 uconn
8 uconn
9 uconn
10 alternating possession

My top five...

1. The fact that we only have 1 National Championship
2. The fact that Yukon has four National Championships
3. The fact that I'm married to a woman who is a huuuuuuge Dook fan. That's really tough. What makes it even worse is that her entire family went to Dook so I constantly have to hear them talk about how great they are and how Coach K is a god.
4. Boeheim retiring
5. Us no longer being referred to as the Orangemen or Orangewomen. What a damn shame!

Get a new wife.

1. "Student Athlete", sorry, they're not a normal student no matter how hard it's jammed down our throats. Pay the kids something.

2. NCAA rules - The one that hits me the hardest is when the late Rick Majaris (sp) gave a player a ticket to a player to see a sick relative or maybe it was a death and they came down on him. BS.

3. Inconsistent rules/referees - It works out 50/50, the bad calls that is, but it would be nice to see some real consistency so there is never any controversy. It happens in the NBA every once in awhile but it seems like every close college game is decided with a weird call towards the end of the game.

4. Coaches - I love JB, amazing coach, HOF coach, but I just hate seeing the coaches being bigger than the program, being bigger than the history of the program. It's also tough to see them rake in the money from the sneaker companies when players are aren't given a dime.

5. One loss and out - The national championship game most of the time seems like we're not getting the 2 or 4 best teams to watch. The best team doesn't always win. It's difficult to win 6 games in a row to hoist up the trophy, but it's also harder to dominate in 34 games in the regular season. Just this year for example, while our final four run was amazing, I enjoyed our amazing regular season run in 11/12 than I did our run this year. Don't get me wrong, the excitement and joy of a final four run is awesome, but it's so short term. Months of amazing play gives me more satisfaction.

6. TV/scheduling - Seems like it could be better than it is now. Seems like there are too many long breaks between games at points of the season. Don't think it's fair to the the players to have that long of a layoff.

7. The Fans - Not many are like us outside of the board. I come here and spend a ton of time here because for the most part everybody is educated on the team, knows the ins and outs of the team and the program. Try sitting down at a bar and having a discussion about basketball with somebody and you'll know what I'm talking about. Borderline ridiculous.

8. Announcers - Do they even research the teams they're covering? It doesn't just happen to us, I see it all the time. They don't even know the players names and really know nothing about the teams they're announcing to the fans. It's sad when the people watching know more about what is going on than the announcers.

9. One and done rule - Don't force kids to come to school when they don't want to be there. We haven't run into too many problems with guys who just "didn't care". Granted they were one and done but they weren't like Ben Simmons who went to LSU because he "had to". While I'm glad to get the service of guys like Melo and other one and doners, guys like Simmons, Oden back in the day and countless others who just come in because they have to I think ruins the game. Let them go out of high school.

10. Football - I loved the Big East, best basketball conference ever and I don't think it'll ever be topped. That said, while I'm not going to cry for the Uconn's, Nova as they have won championships, but those two schools and countless others don't get the attention they should, not because of what they did or didn't do on the basketball court but because of football, and that's BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom