The 2021-2022 Portal Cup | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

The 2021-2022 Portal Cup

With Atkinson and Labrosse entering, how many are we up to?

Yeah. Don't make excuses in December. Bust your ass and hit the portal for 10-15 kids yourself on top of 10-15 high school and JUCO.
I believe we can take 32 players this cycle since we lost at least 7 to transfer. Our standard 25 plus 7 to recoup. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

If--and I stress IF at this point--we hold serve now

...32 would put us above the 85 limit

Gonna need all 32

Gimme 14 HS and 18 JUCO / Transfer

Yup. THIS. ^^^^

Will definitely need more from pounding the portal, since those guys have at least some college experience.

Also - silver lining, maybe? - portal guys can't portal again.
So you'll more than likely have them for a few seasons?

OK, so that's probably wishful thinking, I'm sure guys will Grad Transfer once they're eligible.

Don't worry guys we're going to sign some high schoolers tomorrow and then we are going to find even more diamond in the rough high schoolers over the winter that every other major program missed out on!

I believe we can take 32 players this cycle since we lost at least 7 to transfer. Our standard 25 plus 7 to recoup. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong
No. If they can still make the 85 cap with a full class of 25 you don't get to replace any transfers.

No. If they can still make the 85 cap with a full class of 25 you don't get to replace any transfers.
Going to be irrelevant this year. I can't remember a more depressing signing day week. Usually I'm pretty excited right now. Instead we have 10 commits on the eve of signing day. I'm sure one of you will try to make it seem like not a big deal since there is the late signing day as well but it is absolutely a big deal to have as poor of a recruiting situation going on at this date.

The Division I Council this week approved a one-year waiver of the annual signing limit and initial scholarship limits in football to allow schools to replace up to seven scholarship student-athletes who leave school after the first term.

Both the Football Bowl and Football Championship subdivisions approved the waiver.

Council members acknowledged the solution was temporary but necessary; a more permanent solution will be considered in the coming months.

The waiver addresses concerns about potentially high numbers of college athletes transferring after all student-athletes were given the opportunity to compete immediately after transferring for the first time. It will apply at the end of the first term (students who depart on or after the earlier of the last day of the school's fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, which is the first day of the early National Letter of Intent signing period).

Going to be irrelevant this year. I can't remember a more depressing signing day week. Usually I'm pretty excited right now. Instead we have 10 commits on the eve of signing day. I'm sure one of you will try to make it seem like not a big deal since there is the late signing day as well but it is absolutely a big deal to have as poor of a recruiting situation going on at this date.
One thing I'll give credit to Dino for is not just taking guys to fill the numbers, as I'm sure he feels pressure to do so at this point.

commence the depth excuses...
It’s also the low expectations that this program currently has. All he needs to do is get to 6 wins next year and he is safe. From a players standpoint, what does that get them? A trip to the Pinstripe Bowl, worst case another 1-3 win season? Kids not only want to play for a winner, they want to play for one that has a reasonable chance for significant success.

It’s also the low expectations that this program currently has. All he needs to do is get to 6 wins next year and he is safe. From a players standpoint, what does that get them? A trip to the Pinstripe Bowl, worst case another 1-3 win season? Kids not only want to play for a winner, they want to play for one that has a reasonable chance for significant success.
Hey man

Cuse v Illinois in Pinstripe Bowl next year

I don't think as it stands right now that they will make the 85 cap with 25 players, though. So maybe a few more than 25

And lots of schools having kids in their current class decommitting. Decommits, decommits everywhere and none so far for Syracuse.
I'll say it one more time this is going to be a prolonged recruiting cycle. There will be more kids entering the transfer portal and HS kids looking for a home. I'll wait and see who we have signed after the February signing period.
You mean your not going to cry and stomp your feet on every transfer !!!!????

17 if you count RTB:
Landon Morris
Cody Shear
Jarveon Howard
Taj Harris
Tommy DeVito
Latarie Kinsler
Dillon Markiewicz
Geoff Cantin-Arku
Curtis Harper
Joe Rondi
Luke Benson
Adrian Cole
Cooper Lutz
Sharod Johnson
Chase Atkinson
Ben Labrosse

17 if you count RTB:
Landon Morris
Cody Shear
Jarveon Howard
Taj Harris
Tommy DeVito
Latarie Kinsler
Dillon Markiewicz
Geoff Cantin-Arku
Curtis Harper
Joe Rondi
Luke Benson
Adrian Cole
Cooper Lutz
Sharod Johnson
Chase Atkinson
Ben Labrosse
This is going to come down to the wire.

Has anyone put a line in the sand as to when we declare a winner?

It feels like transfer portaling will be an activity for all seasons.

End of the signing period seems like a good place to draw the line.

February 2, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom