The 3-5-5 proposal must not be close to happening | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The 3-5-5 proposal must not be close to happening

Harrisburg, PA is about halfway. Has to be some open field we can line up and play.
Lehigh-Lafayette is the highest attended game at Yankee Stadium, let's play at Lehigh and show'em who's boss!!!

Either there or at rutgers, maybe play them at that 10k soccer field in philly that nova tried to use to get in the big east.

I understand you guys feel we are shlity product who doesn't deserve to play anywhere cool,unless it's a bowl game that you won't attend...and that you are flat out scared and in awe of Giants Stadium and that by playing there we just embarrass ourselves before the inevitable embarrassment of the score and that Yankee Stadium is below you because the sight lines while good, don't offer traditional views and for once in a blue moon you will have to 'bar gate' instead of 'tailgate' and you don't have the mental wherewithal to comprehend just how cool and unique that S and that you would rather play Colgate or some other shrub st the dome because well...Its the Dome!!!!...but you are wrong.

Lehigh-Lafayette is the highest attended game at Yankee Stadium, let's play at Lehigh and show'em who's boss!!!

Either there or at rutgers, maybe play them at that 10k soccer field in philly that nova tried to use to get in the big east.

I understand you guys feel we are shlity product who doesn't deserve to play anywhere cool,unless it's a bowl game that you won't attend...and that you are flat out scared and in awe of Giants Stadium and that by playing there we just embarrass ourselves before the inevitable embarrassment of the score and that Yankee Stadium is below you because the sight lines while good, don't offer traditional views and for once in a blue moon you will have to 'bar gate' instead of 'tailgate' and you don't have the mental wherewithal to comprehend just how cool and unique that S and that you would rather play Colgate or some other shrub st the dome because well...Its the Dome!!!!...but you are wrong.

For the record, I love to bar gate. That's how we do SU games lately. No one wants to deal with their car afterwords, so it's just easier.

My problem with Stan's or Billy's pre-Yankee game is that I'm old now and they play the music wayyyyyy too loud. I often choose the Dugout, just because of that.

I wish we'd play a game in DC. Just because I need an easy attend. UVA isn't a bad trip, but we got screwed out of that every other year College Park. That was nice and close and plenty orange.

How about SU-Carolina at either Annapolis or West Point?

Wouldn't be practical as Security would be an issue...but it would be neat if you could do it.

For the record, I love to bar gate. That's how we do SU games lately. No one wants to deal with their car afterwords, so it's just easier.

My problem with Stan's or Billy's pre-Yankee game is that I'm old now and they play the music wayyyyyy too loud. I often choose the Dugout, just because of that.

I wish we'd play a game in DC. Just because I need an easy attend. UVA isn't a bad trip, but we got screwed out of that every other year College Park. That was nice and close and plenty orange.
I'm a dugout guy, $3 PBRs work just fine...and yeah it's loud at the other 2 spots and Billy's can sometimes be just a little too 'Bronx'.

Point is, if we start doing weird things to play bigger and better opponents, we shouldn't start demanding how they get done.

Tom we could always go to Citi Field...the stadium frees up around October 1st every year guaranteed. :D

BTW Tom...great marketing idea with playing at MSG and YS the same weekend. Bring in an old Big East foe like Providence...SU sets aside 500 tickets for them and sell the other 19k with FB packages.
with thwe mets young pitching there due to see October baseball before yankees

Chip said:
For the record, I love to bar gate. That's how we do SU games lately. No one wants to deal with their car afterwords, so it's just easier. My problem with Stan's or Billy's pre-Yankee game is that I'm old now and they play the music wayyyyyy too loud. I often choose the Dugout, just because of that. I wish we'd play a game in DC. Just because I need an easy attend. UVA isn't a bad trip, but we got screwed out of that every other year College Park. That was nice and close and plenty orange.

My problem with Stan's is that you can get hepatitis just breathing the air in that dump, let alone from touching anything.

This SU/UNC neutral football proposal is just the beginning. SU will be forced by Swofford to play a home basketball game vs. Duke/UNC at MSG.

My problem with Stan's is that you can get hepatitis just breathing the air in that dump, let alone from touching anything.
this is quite an argument against public funding of stadia. if nothing develops around yankee stadium and you're left with these types of options, betting on a stadium being a catalyst for anything is a bad bet

Millhouse said:
this is quite an argument against public funding of stadia. if nothing develops around yankee stadium and you're left with these types of options, betting on a stadium being a catalyst for anything is a bad bet

Wait, there is an argument FOR public funding of stadiums?!

Does it involve pixie dust, Santa Claus and the lost city of Atlantis?

The Verizon Center says hello.

The Verizon Center says hello.
And 100 years ago, when Yankee Stadium was built, that area thrived. Hell, as late as the 60s both the Giants and Yankees were living on the Grand Concourse.

That area does ok with the mall and the ball fields/hoop courts.

And Chips statement while funny and somewhat true...was an exaggeration and a typecast. Those dive type places are the core of NYC...and stans is one of the cleaner and safe ones...plus it's closed nov-mar and might only be open for away games starting after Memorial Day.

And 100 years ago, when Yankee Stadium was built, that area thrived. Hell, as late as the 60s both the Giants and Yankees were living on the Grand Concourse.

That area does ok with the mall and the ball fields/hoop courts.

And Chips statement while funny and somewhat true...was an exaggeration and a typecast. Those dive type places are the core of NYC...and stans is one of the cleaner and safe ones...plus it's closed nov-mar and might only be open for away games starting after Memorial Day.

I wasn't the one with the hepatitis comment. I was the old man saying "loud noises!".

I don't fear for my health in those bars at all. Love them. It's really Billy's more than anything else with the music. But accessibility to beer in those bars is really a big sell for me. Giant buckets full everywhere, no need to wait in any bar lines.

Yankee Stadium, Wrigley, Fenway. If you don't know how to have fun pre-game and post-game around those stadiums, you might need to check your pulse.

I wasn't the one with the hepatitis comment. I was the old man saying "loud noises!".

I don't fear for my health in those bars at all. Love them. It's really Billy's more than anything else with the music. But accessibility to beer in those bars is really a big sell for me. Giant buckets full everywhere, no need to wait in any bar lines.

Yankee Stadium, Wrigley, Fenway. If you don't know how to have fun pre-game and post-game around those stadiums, you might need to check your pulse.

The best is to just sit and watch the bartenders and other patrons realize certain customers are morons. Bartender will have a bucket of whatever ready, with singles for change...and the one guy in charge of drinks finally makes the bar...and he pauses ie: panics...Struggles for a moment, then acts like he's back home at his local Applebee's, it's 4 pm and he's the 1st guy at happy hour..."I'll have a stoli and tonic, light on the tonic but not a double and twist of lime, but not the lime and...what did you guys want??...oh yeah...Amstel, a yuengling...oh you don't have it? Hold on...they don't have yuengling! (After consolation he takes what his buddy's are having)...3 miller lites(the special is bud light) a water for the lady and gin and tonic...hold on, what kind of gin??he doesn't care"...

By now half the bar wants to beat the living snot out of this Novice and is watching him to make sure they get a drink before he heads back up and hold up production for 20 minutes again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom