The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread

Heard today from a really good source of mine who is very well connected in the coaching circles to keep an eye out for Scott Frost oc at Oregon. He said he is number one on the list out of a group of ten coaches.

Rather see Baylor vs Oregon/Nebraska style uptempo.

I've been saying Scott Frost for a month now. He would make Dungey a more complete QB, they have/had the same style. But no one's listening to me. I think he'd be perfect.

I've been saying Scott Frost for a month now. He would make Dungey a more complete QB, they have/had the same style. But no one's listening to me. I think he'd be perfect.

Much rather have a passing offense than a dual threat QB centric one.

Let the QB runs be few and far between.

Much rather have a passing offense than a dual threat QB centric one.

Let the QB runs be few and far between.

You can run the QB - but you just need to tell the QB to get the hell down and get out of bounds, rather than cutting back in the middle of the field and getting plastered.

GoSU96 said:
Much rather have a passing offense than a dual threat QB centric one. Let the QB runs be few and far between.

I don't think Dungey is your guy for that offense.

Not sure his arm will ever be good enough to be close to a pocket passer.

Heard today from a really good source of mine who is very well connected in the coaching circles to keep an eye out for Scott Frost oc at Oregon. He said he is number one on the list out of a group of ten coaches.

Some posters wouldn't be interested because Oregon has never won a National Championship.

You can run the QB - but you just need to tell the QB to get the hell down and get out of bounds, rather than cutting back in the middle of the field and getting plastered.

That's not the Oregon offense.

This would make sense

GoSU96 said:
Anyone up for a scouting trip, the Huskies at the Bulls Wednesday at 8pm. MACation, can you dig it?

No can do, I'll be watching Bowling Green - Western Michigan at that same time in the winner takes Syracuse battle.

Should we hand out assignments?

tep624 said:
I notice that the Addazio chatter has virtually silenced.

Ignoring what anyone thinks about Addazio, I'm just curious about this. If a group of former players get Coyle's ear and ask him to put out a feeler, does Addazio, as BC coach, take the interview?

No can do, I'll be watching Bowling Green - Western Michigan at that same time in the winner takes Syracuse battle.

Should we hand out assignments?

Rather have that be the Houston - Tulsa game later this year.

GoSU96 said:
The guy drops 40 yd plus dimes. Easily see him in a B12 spread.

He throws an accurate pass on the sideline routes, but I haven't seen him throw anything over the middle with any zip.

soocher4 said:

Anyone see how many yards his offense rolled up on Saturday?

Here's a hint, you'd be pretty excited if you pulled it on a slot machine.

Not thrilled if true, solely for lack of evidence/proof about how he would run a program. Want a HC!

1) Head Coach with Successful Head Coach Experience
2) Offensive mindset
3) Runs a clean program
4) Can Recruit

That's what I want.
That would be Campbell he is my first choice if we make a move this year

That's not the Oregon offense.

Not saying it is, just making a general observation in regards to some folks saying Dungey was destined to have a short career because of his running style.

If he continues to do things that could get him hurt, someone needs to tell him not to do those things anymore.

Chip said:
Ignoring what anyone thinks about Addazio, I'm just curious about this. If a group of former players get Coyle's ear and ask him to put out a feeler, does Addazio, as BC coach, take the interview?

Not a chance.

GoSU96 said:
Rather have that be the Houston - Tulsa game later this year.

Yeah, but as you already said, half that equation (Herman) is probably destined for bigger things. No offense to our fine school.

He's on everyone's short list. South Carolina might have him locked up before our job formally opens.

Tulsa guy? Works for me.

Rather see Baylor vs Oregon/Nebraska style uptempo.

I agree, you will need Mahoney as well to run the Oregon offense. We could do a lot worse but I'd rather have Montgomery or babers and that system.

There are a couple guys from the chip Kelly tree out there now from his unh days that are solid o coordinators. Dude at Montana st who is their OC looks really good on paper. Wonder if frost would reach out to them as well for spots to fill. Northeast guys who know the system.

Oregon in a 'down' year has YTD:

1900 more yards and 18 more TDs
600 more passing
1300 more rushing

Leading rusher has 1300 yards himself, Cuse as a team has 1400

KaiserUEO said:
done. ill hold the fort here and smack down all the idiots ideas of NFL/college retreads and guys over 50. put your scouting team together...

Bowling Green coach is over 50. But he looks younger, talks younger and he's all college guy. So I think we should allow that exception.

I think he's 54, which gives him about 10 years to build his own branches, including his successor.

Majority of the coaches named were offensive coordinators or lower level head guys that have been named throughout the last month. Only name that would throw people off is Orgeron. Was told when LSU played here that Coyle went out of his way to tell him that they would be speaking in the future.