The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread

Baylor is in Texas not CNY. There roster is made up of 80% of kids from Texas. Not the same.

How many P5 programs in Texas, how many FBS total?

How many P5 in all of New England, NY, NJ, Pa, how many FBS total?

It's harder to find day one game ready kids in the NE, but purely by demographics there should be enough players and the waters aren't that crowded. And you still work Florida, Ga, and the midwest to round out the class.

What about the kids in the program now? What about the kids verbally committed? How do you recruit with a coach that this year or next could be his last? Extend him or let him go NOW!! This "waiting" is a bunch of political CRAP!!! I have no say which way it goes but I know one thing...screwing around is setting the program back more then any coach can!!! There are people making a hell of a lot of money making the decisions, stop dragging your damn feet and make a decision...the coaches deserve that much!!! The kids deserve that MUCH!!! The fan base deserves that much!!! And MOST of all the PROGRAM deserves that much!!!

You got your wish.

Thank you for the information coach Kelley. We on this board are unfortunately not the ones going to be doing the hiring. You may want to send your resume to the SU Athletic Department. Keep us updated on how things go though, thanks for joining the board.

Haha. Funny. But I was serious. Sometimes you have to make risks.

Can we all just sit here and laugh how LSU wants to get rid of Les Miles, and we and half the NCAA would love to have him coach our teams. haha

How many P5 programs in Texas, how many FBS total?

How many P5 in all of New England, NY, NJ, Pa, how many FBS total?

It's harder to find day one game ready kids in the NE, but purely by demographics there should be enough players and the waters aren't that crowded. And you still work Florida, Ga, and the midwest to round out the class.

BAYLOR HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN TEXAS AND BAYLOR ALWAYS SUCKED

until there is another P5 private school running the air raid and making major bowls with a roster full of handicapped kids from onondaga county, we must continue to fixate on northeast recruiting and run and stop the run

until there is another P5 private school running the air raid and making major bowls with a roster full of handicapped kids from onondaga county, we must continue to fixate on northeast recruiting and run and stop the run

You can find the all the Interior Line, LB's, RB's, TE's/DE's you need in this region Go south for DB's and WR's, recruit a couple of QB's from anywhere - CBA or Temple Texas or Lake Oswego or Tampa

There's your recruiting strategy. You can run anything you want.

You got your wish.

Not that I like the outcome but it does get things moving in a direction....Just got tired of one poster saying fire 3 weeks ago another extend for 3 years...and no decision being announced.....nothing but respect for Coach Shafer and the his entire staff....hope some of them get to talk to the incoming coach...maybe be allowed to stay!!!!

Baylor is in Texas not CNY. There roster is made up of 80% of kids from Texas. Not the same.
So they saved a few bucks on travel expenses. Everybody and I mean everybody competes for Texas kids. Besides, their three stars aren't better than anybody else's.

You can find the all the Interior Line, LB's, RB's, TE's/DE's you need in this region Go south for DB's and WR's, recruit a couple of QB's from anywhere - CBA or Temple Texas or Lake Oswego or Tampa

The issue is that we haven't recruited the NE consistently that now these other big schools get to handpick who they want. With all of the coaching turmoil we've had over the last 15 years, our recruiting footprint doesn't exist. Unless someone sticks around here for awhile, it's not going to get much better anytime soon IMO.

It really is mind blowing. "Oh, sure, but they're in Texas, and recruiting, and BBQ, and armadillos...it's so easy for them."

In the FIFTY YEARS prior to Art Briles becoming head coach there Baylor had 33 losing seasons, and won 9+ games 3 times. As far as I know Baylor has been located in Texas for that entire time, and was in a power conference the entire time as well.

Briles has won 9+ games four times in the past five years.

But yeah, they've always been able to be good. Because Texas!

:bang::bang::bang:

Louie and Bouie said:
I hope you are right.

I just got dizzy reading about the love for an FCS coach in E. Washington with no FBS experience, no ties to the East, and no ties to the University. I have to believe that Coyle had a legitimate plan of succession and wasn't shooting from his hip as the fanbase tends to do in these situations.

Jim Harbaugh was an FCS coach when he was hired at Stanford.

Jim Harbaugh was an FCS coach when he was hired at Stanford.

Jim Harbaugh also was a star QB in college, played in the NFL, and had a father who was a football lifer and had a brief stint as DC at Stanford. Bad analogy to the HC at E. Washington.

Jim Harbaugh also was a star QB in college, played in the NFL, and had a father who was a football lifer and had a brief stint as DC at Stanford. Bad analogy to the HC at E. Washington.

Almost sounds like Frost

He was also on Saved by the Bell. Which really trumps all of that other stuff.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19251-1354738285-3.gif

Personally, i think literally any coach we bring here.. Doesnt matter who... will do better than Shafer did. For me Kiffin would be the guy i would least want, but i would take him 100 times out of 100 vs keeping Shafer. Our team was better than our record. He was the problem. He was the "bad bounce here or there" from being a 6 win team. I met him once, he was very nice and he is clearly a family guy... but this is P5 D1 football, not a bible study.

I am very confident that regardless of who comes in and regardless of who transfers (including Dungey), that we will be a Bowl team.

And speaking of transfers, honestly i dont care who leaves. Kids that are meant to stay, will. I get that parents of players are rallying around Shafer and are very vocal on social media (going overboard in may cases). I get it. They are worried their kids will get recruited over, will lose PT, etc. But they are fans of their kids first (as they should be) and SU 2nd. We have been Su fans for decades, before their kids were even alive. So sorry, SU comes before any one man or player, IMO.

That's exactly right. Your meat and potato kids are in the northeast. Then go wherever you need to for the skill kids or speed.

But pick any roster and dissect it. The majority of kids on that team will be from within the 'radius'. A team like Boise might have a bigger radius but id bet they'll all be kids closer to Boise than not.

Its interesting...we always complain about the lack up a natural recruiting area near us, but we seem to always want someone who knows the natural recruiting area. Aren't we all ignoring what has happened in the past couple of years.

Probably the best players we've landed, aren't kids from the local area. Ish, Est, Dungey...of course throw in Fredericks and Strickland. But its kind of obvious that a staff...that started with almost no NE ties, has actually recruited pretty well. The issue with the current Mac-attack, isn't the recruiting...its the coaching and game management.

Now, I'd like to keep Acosta for his Jersey ties...because you absolutely need someone on the staff that can recruit that state...but everything else? I'm okay with a weste coast guy, who staffs appropriately and can coach offense.

Its interesting...we always complain about the lack up a natural recruiting area near us, but we seem to always want someone who knows the natural recruiting area. Aren't we all ignoring what has happened in the past couple of years.

Probably the best players we've landed, aren't kids from the local area. Ish, Est, Dungey...of course throw in Fredericks and Strickland. But its kind of obvious that a staff...that started with almost no NE ties, has actually recruited pretty well. The issue with the current Mac-attack, isn't the recruiting...its the coaching and game management.

Now, I'd like to keep Acosta for his Jersey ties...because you absolutely need someone on the staff that can recruit that state...but everything else? I'm okay with a weste coast guy, who staffs appropriately and can coach offense.

Even Jake coming around on Frost. :)