The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread

The more I look at his resume, the more I like him and I was adamant that we needed a new coach with HC experience. I would waive that to get Frost and a great DC in Orgeron.

Anyone who would bitch about that combo is crazy. You get one of the best coordinators in college football along with one of the best recruiters who also has head coaching experience... You could not do much better, if any.

Ten coaches?! Holy
I like Oregon...The guy is known as a top recruiter, which we need bad. I like the fact that he appears to be a hire who would be around for a while. We can not be going through this new coach hire again in 3 years. He did a good job as interim at USc and players seem to like him. Only bad sign I see with him...is if you look at his teams at Ole Miss, they were terrible on offense...he is a defensive guy and I want to see the Cuse have a dynamic offense...not sure he brings that!!!

I like Oregon...The guy is known as a top recruiter, which we need bad. I like the fact that he appears to be a hire who would be around for a while. We can not be going through this new coach hire again in 3 years. He did a good job as interim at USc and players seem to like him. Only bad sign I see with him...is if you look at his teams at Ole Miss, they were terrible on offense...he is a defensive guy and I want to see the Cuse have a dynamic offense...not sure he brings that!!!

He doesn't need to bring a dynamic offense. Why do people keep repeating the same thing over and over. If Frost is the HC and in charge of the offense, who the hells cares what Orgeron did at Ole Miss?

Anyone who would bitch about that combo is crazy. You get one of the best coordinators in college football along with one of the best recruiters who also has head coaching experience... You could not do much better, if any.

The trouble is, would Orgeron pass the Frost test and interview, and how would the dynamic work if Coyle wanted to force Orgeron on Frost if he were the HC.

Interesting.

He doesn't need to bring a dynamic offense. Why do people keep repeating the same thing over and over. If Frost is the HC and in charge of the offense, who the hells cares what Orgeron did at Ole Miss?
I like Frost's Offensive mind...but He has no Head Coaching experience, he has no experience recruiting, or living for that matter in our recruiting base...for discussion sake(New York, NJ, PA, Ohio, New England, Florida, Georgia, Alabama,Illinois), and this job would just be a stepping stone to a bigger job in a few years...What about Al Golden, ex Temple and Miami Coach, who played and coached at Penn State? Now, he has an eastern football pedigree plus the recruiting connections in Southern Florida...

I like Frost's Offensive mind...but He has no Head Coaching experience, he has no experience recruiting, or living for that matter in our recruiting base...for discussion sake(New York, NJ, PA, Ohio, New England, Florida, Georgia, Alabama,Illinois), and this job would just be a stepping stone to a bigger job in a few years...What about Al Golden, ex Temple and Miami Coach, who played and coached at Penn State? Now, he has an eastern football pedigree plus the recruiting connections in Southern Florida...

None of those things are overly important IMO.

large_MajorPerry.jpg

None of those things are overly important IMO.
Picking a coach is not an easy task, if it was, we would not be in the mess we are in. Syracuse has some significant problems to overcome to go from where we are to where we want to go. We need more talented players. If a coach like Frost, with a scheme that has produced at Oregon, can get us better talent, then let's do it...but I think we need a miracle worker right now...deciding who that will be, is not going to be easy!

I want the Orange to WIN. PERIOD.

Don't care how it is done, just WIN. If we hire a damn geriatric, a midget, an elf, a competent rodeo clown or any other such thing I just want to win.

Don't care how it is done, just WIN. If we hire a damn geriatric, a midget, an elf, a competent rodeo clown or any other such thing I just want to win.
A lot of choices out there...having read all the information...I hope we get Coach Oregon!! I want a coach who wants to be here and we have a chance of keeping for a while. He can recruit ...and talent is what wins games...cute schemes are nice, but I will take talent over scheme any day!. Coach O, go get us some players!!!

It's go time:
maxresdefault.jpg

610x-716.jpg

I said this in another thread, but we hired a guy with ties to SU, and he essentially used us as a stepping stone to a bigger job after four years.

Bielema left Wisconsin for Arkansas. Les Miles left Oklahoma St for LSU. Nick Saban left LSU for the Miami Dolphins. Every job is a stepping stone to another.

Yes

It was crazy how that guy flew up the ranks and in his 4th year coaching was the OC at Bama. Then he was fizzled out in the Mack Brown fire at Texas, but has clearly landed on his feet as the OC at Houston. He will be a HC soon.

It was crazy how that guy flew up the ranks and in his 4th year coaching was the OC at Bama. Then he was fizzled out in the Mack Brown fire at Texas, but has clearly landed on his feet as the OC at Houston. He will be a HC soon.
Right. He could take the Tulane job. He's from Louisiana

I don't want a coach who comes here because this is his dream job and he wants to stay here forever. We've been down that road.

I want a coach who sees Syracuse as a stepping stone to Alabama/Michigan/Ohio State. When they come after him in a few years, that means that he has been a winner here. If he and his family have grown to love Syracuse, maybe we will get lucky and he will stay.

I don't want a coach who comes here because this is his dream job and he wants to stay here forever. We've been down that road.

I want a coach who sees Syracuse as a stepping stone to Alabama/Michigan/Ohio State. When they come after him in a few years, that means that he has been a winner here. If he and his family have grown to love Syracuse, maybe we will get lucky and he will stay.
Or if we can pay him as much as other schools will.

It's crazy to read that people don't want Frost. He's literally a perfect fit for this program. Experience at both DC and OC. Great recruiter. Young. Up-tempo offense that would play to the strengths of playing in a Dome.

What's the negative? If he uses us for a stepping stone that means he was successful.