The All Inclusive, Dohn, Rutgers and Crystal Balls thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

The All Inclusive, Dohn, Rutgers and Crystal Balls thread

They do on the rivals board. Ive seen people admit it and talk about Brian inflating rankings for 247. A lot of them left the 247 site because of him. They say he is arrogant and talks to people like he is above them. Makes a lot of snarky remarks. Many cant stand the guy.
As long as the ignorant Rutgers fans keep subscribing, he is likely to keep his job.

They do on the rivals board. Ive seen people admit it and talk about Brian inflating rankings for 247. A lot of them left the 247 site because of him. They say he is arrogant and talks to people like he is above them. Makes a lot of snarky remarks. Many cant stand the guy.
Well it’s nice to know they at least recognize that Dohn is a shill

Right after the Carroll Jackson news broke out Dohn went in and bumped rutgers commit Ian Strong to a 89 . made him the #1 player in NY ahead of a PSU recruit. This kid has no other P5 offer. His second best offer is Kent st. I'm glad he reacts like this. It just proves that he does ratings based on emotions. He has no integrity.
I heard Dohn wrote a check to buy some integrity but it bounced

yeah, I have seen him do interviews, guy comes off as a totally cocky jackass. I still remember to this day when he interviewed Robert Washington and was going over his top 5 teams, and he condescendingly said "Oh, one of those teams doesn't seem to fit with the others" referring to SU, I wanted to punch his face in.

Recruiting services have been a complete joke since this has all gone online. I tried subscribing to them for a few years after they did and found it a waste of time and money, tbh. I subscribed to a few services for decades when you got monthly reports and quarterly magazines, and they were night and day from the crap you get now.

If I’m understanding it correctly then it means the “recruiting” guys like Dohn would not be doing the rankings since he wasn’t listed as one of the 4 on the rankings team. I could be wrong though
This is helpful thanks!

Wouldn’t he still have influence on the final rankings then?

if he rates a kid that commits to Rutgers an 88, how does that not affect their ranking in end? Or do the rankings guys not use the ratings guys ratings to help rank the groups at the end of the day? I say this to say, if the rankings guys will rate each player in the class themselves to properly rank a team wouldn’t that make “ratings guys” irrelevant?

Last edited:
Wouldn’t he still have influence on the final rankings then?

if he rates a kid that commits to Rutgers an 88, how does that not affect their ranking in end? Or do the rankings guys not use the ratings guys ratings to help rank the groups at the end of the day?
That’s a good question haha, I have no idea

They check on this board a lot. They create memes. Lol.

Attachments

• 5D995A1D-DE0E-48F4-B8A1-4CEC8F0D652D.jpeg
    5D995A1D-DE0E-48F4-B8A1-4CEC8F0D652D.jpeg
    758.5 KB · Views: 185
Schiano bragged about signing the number 1 player in NY. Referring to Ian Strong. Which is not true. He is #8 in NYS based on the composite. He is using his buddy Brian Dohn’s rating. Strong is a low 3 star on the other two recruiting services. If making this kid #1 doesn’t show bias then I don’t know what does. Dohn has him as a 4 star #1 in NYS. The composite has him #8 in the state. That’s a large disparity

Schiano bragged about signing the number 1 player in NY. Referring to Ian Strong. Which is not true. He is #8 in NYS based on the composite. He is using his buddy Brian Dohn’s rating. Strong is a low 3 star on the other two recruiting services. If making this kid #1 doesn’t show bias then I don’t know what does. Dohn has him as a 4 star #1 in NYS. The composite has him #8 in the state. That’s a large disparity
Especially when you assume that the composite also includes Dohns rating. If it was removed I’m curious if Strong would even be top 10 on the composite.

How good do you think Perry will be in 2 years?

Despite the efforts of Dohn half of rutgers class didn’t have other P5 offers. Of the 10 ,one was a kicker. The other was a Pittsburgh kid that Pitt didn’t push for.

Didn’t one of the coaches say there would be another commit today?

Was listening to Rutgers-Northwestern game on radio. Rutgers radio announcers drinking Kool-Aid and getting hoodwinked too. Strong caught a TD and announcers called him #1 recruit in New York state. I can't find a recruiting thread on him here so maybe we had no interest or Strong had no interest in us. I really hope today is their only win in the Big Ten against a hapless Northwestern team, the only team in the Big Ten worse off than Rutty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom