The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Can't wait to see how much they're paying Ash. Anything they pay him is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

A rutgers fan said they turned down narduzzi for ash. Id hate to tell them ash is our sloppy seconds

Whats funny is RU fans have convinced themselves that Ash PASSED on SU, which led SU to sign up Babers later in the week and that Urban told Ash that RU was the better opportunity :crazy:. As if any candidate removed himself from consideration when they were a finalist for the job.

Whats funny is RU fans have convinced themselves that Ash PASSED on SU, which led SU to sign up Babers later in the week and that Urban told Ash that RU was the better opportunity :crazy:. As if any candidate removed himself from consideration when they were a finalist for the job.

I think Babers was weighing options from a couple other schools, we interview ASH, Babers accepts the Syracuse job, Ash no longer a candidate at Syracuse, pretty much how it went down. Not a big deal either way, but if Babers had said no to Syracuse I would be willing to bet Ash is our coach. Thank god he isn't. He may be a good fit at Rutgers though. That division seems a bit incestuous though now.

Yea, and they really think that they passed on Narduzzi to take Ash. Thats straight up Rutgers level delusion.

My OSU buddy has been busting my balls about this. He said Urban told Ash to stay away from Cuse, not that it was a better opportunity but I guess thats really the same difference

My OSU buddy has been busting my balls about this. He said Urban told Ash to stay away from Cuse, not that it was a better opportunity but I guess thats really the same difference

whats to bust your balls about? do you make fun of your friends for having a better looking wife? we got the better coach.

whats to bust your balls about? do you make fun of your friends for having a better looking wife? we got the better coach.

About Urban telling him to stay away from SU and no I don't because neither of us are married ;)

Given all the off field crap, culture change might be the right strategy..

For year one of a 5 year rebuild

Can't wait to see how much they're paying Ash. Anything they pay him is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.
5 years starting at $2mm per year. Asst budget of $2.7m

Given all the off field crap, culture change might be the right strategy..

For year one of a 5 year rebuild

The culture change that needs to take place there is spending less $$$ that they don't have and stop the insanity within the Athletic Department.

Not sure anything Ash can do will "fix" that "culture". They struck lightning in a bottle once back in 2006. It had very little to do with culture.

I actually hope they have some success though and that we start playing them again in football ooc.

Cheers,
Neil

omniorange said:
The culture change that needs to take place there is spending less $$$ that they don't have and stop the insanity within the Athletic Department. Not sure anything Ash can do will "fix" that "culture". They struck lightning in a bottle once back in 2006. It had very little to do with culture. I actually hope they have some success though and that we start playing them again in football ooc. Cheers, Neil

Yeah sure. But they had players being idiot issues too

#FightorFlight

Yep, that's Ash's new slogan for the team. How long before the flighting begins?

There is a "Faux Chris Ash" Twitter handle using that hash tag. Was the hash tag started by the real guy?

There is a "Faux Chris Ash" Twitter handle using that hash tag. Was the hash tag started by the real guy?

No idea. Got it from the Rutgers board. They have a thread on it and have referenced in other threads. So, I take it as a genuine quote. Oh, and not everyone is happy with hit. Man, if they get off to a bad start, their board is going to so fun to read.

No idea. Got it from the Rutgers board. They have a thread on it and have referenced in other threads. So, I take it as a genuine quote. Oh, and not everyone is happy with hit. Man, if they get off to a bad start, their board is going to so fun to read.
Probably takes 2 0r 3 years to change the culture. I imagine they will give him a free pass until 2019. (/sarcasm)