The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 126 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Looks like Ash is bringing in Urban to try and compete with Harbaughs' camp.
There's still room for an ACC program to join the fun.

Did you miss it? SU is going to be at Harbaughs NJ camp. The lines have been drawn and alliances forged. ;)
Nope, just trying to get SU at as many meaningful.camps as possible. ;)

The back and forth on twitter about who is going to get more NJ campers has begun.

Why not make it different days, so kids can go to both? It is for the kids, right?:rolleyes:
It's about Rutgers trying to lay claim to New Jersey and making Michigan and friends unwelcome.

Lol at inviting Urban there. It's basically saying "we can't compete with Ohio State, so here have our best kids so we can have the next level"...

Would we join forces with Dabo and hand over the 5* kids in our backyard to keep FSU out? I don't know. But it makes Rutgers look weak.

i believe it is important to acknowledge their program and deal with it accordingly. they are a recruiting force in a talent rich state which we need . i wish we had them on our scheduele every couple of years for our visibility in nj. selfishly its a great road game for me from bethlehem pa!!:cool:
Rutgers is a recruiting force in New Jersey?

I don't know why you think this. They are doing a terrible job recruiting the Garden State. They have signed exactly one of the top 10 players from New Jersey total over the past three years.

Linkage

i believe it is important to acknowledge their program and deal with it accordingly. they are a recruiting force in a talent rich state which we need . i wish we had them on our scheduele every couple of years for our visibility in nj. selfishly its a great road game for me from bethlehem pa!!:cool:

Recruiting force?

Untitled.jpg

Rutgers is a recruiting force in New Jersey?

I don't know why you think this. They are doing a terrible job recruiting the Garden State. They have signed exactly one of the top 10 players from New Jersey total over the past three years.

Linkage
perhaps i need to clarify. they are a force against us. all the major programs recruit nj. unlike nys. once again we need jersey, and the metro area. when we were very good we had a lot of jersey guys before we were shut out of the state. i am hoping babers changes this. i was thrilled that we got strickland (my favorite player) and hope devito works out. hs football in nj is VERY good, and well as the coaching.

The final indignity. Rutgers has been incorrectly claiming they are the birthplace of football for many years. The first game was actually played between Harvard and McGill in 1874.

McGill also is the birthplace of hockey and one of their graduates, James Naismith, invented basketball as well. Pretty impressive.

Maybe the B1g will replace Rutgers with McGill soon as well.

The good news is that Rutgers remains the birthplace of bed bugs.

The final indignity. Rutgers has been incorrectly claiming they are the birthplace of football for many years. The first game was actually played between Harvard and McGill in 1874.

McGill also is the birthplace of hockey and one of their graduates, James Naismith, invented basketball as well. Pretty impressive.

Maybe the B1g will replace Rutgers with McGill soon as well.

The good news is that Rutgers remains the birthplace of bed bugs.
But Rutgers and Princeton played in 1869, four years earlier. Did they actually play Rugby?

But Rutgers and Princeton played in 1869, four years earlier. Did they actually play Rugby?
No, the 1869 Rutgers-Princeton game was a soccer match. They used a round ball and carrying the ball was not allowed.

The 1874 McGill-Harvard game was the first football game.

Linkage

No, the 1869 Rutgers-Princeton game was a soccer match. They used a round ball and carrying the ball was not allowed.

The 1874 McGill-Harvard game was the first football game.

Linkage
Not doubting you, but the rest of the football world thinks it was Rutgers-Princeton. How and where did you get this info?

Don't know the answer to that, but I'd be willing to bet that the 1869 Princeton team could beat the 2016 Rutgers team.