The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

They don't have to attend a sites camp to get ranked. There are many ways for a site to rank kids besides their own camps. There are any number of camps not run by a recruiting site. There are numerous combines run by the Nikes and UA's of the world. There are HS bowl games. There are state all star games. There are state playoffs. And yes some go see regular season games in their area. Last but not least, there is also video that many HS coaches send to the sites.

They don't have to attend camps to be ranked, but I also specifically remember Woody Womack saying he was looking forward to AJ attending one of their camp circuits. For whatever reason AJ no showed. The very next week he was dropped from 5.6 to 5.5 and his position was switched to ATH (also where Cohen got his infamous AJ to safety rumblings tweet). He didn't attend any Skout camps either, which hurt his rating.

The thing with ESPN is he had a lofty rating to begin with since he had a spectacular Fr- Jr season. He was inside their top 300 Juniors. He finished just outside because ESPN rarely, if ever adjusts ratings for non top 300 players unless someone seriously blows up. Rivlz and skout adjust theirs regularly, and imo place far too much on camp performances into their ratings.

Unfortunately, I see a car with a Rutgers window sticker at the Grand Parkway Park and Ride almost every day :(
Your chance to take it out this morning with your truck and the ice...

Last edited:
Your chance to take it this morning with your truck and the ice...

Work was closed, so stayed home today. Great thing about living in the South: when it's cold, chance of snow/ice, everything closes down because no one knows how to handle it.

In all the years we spent at those sites and all the interaction I had with all those guys, the only one I didn't trust and we had proof of it at the time was MF.

Bob L was definitely doing it as well with Pitt recruits, pretty much anyone in PA that Pitt was showing early interest in was a 3 star recruit bare minimum, regardless of whether Pitt ultimately offered or not. I noticed that trend - might be hard to conclusively prove but something didn't smell right with him.

That being said, regardless of whether Farrell, Bob L, Dohn, etc actually were doing it, putting someone in control of a subjective ranking that clearly has a conflict is not exactly a good way to ensure you're getting objective rankings. I don't know what the best solution is but it's definitely not an ideal situation.

Work was closed, so stayed home today. Great thing about living in the South: when it's cold, chance of snow/ice, everything closes down because no one knows how to handle it.
Lucky you. I had to work, still here working...sort of. I endorse you analysis, the natives do NOT know how inclement weather.

Thought this was funny... At the coaching clinic this year HCSS is the keynote speaker, how does that relate to Rutgers? Kyle Flood is doing an Offensive Line segment... I've never seen a HC, of a P5 team nonetheless, come in and do a back burner segment...

I personally hate that they rank high school players. Kids have enough pressure and don't need someone analyzing their ability at such a young age. I care more about the kids that come in that were evaluated by the staff and show progression. Some of these kids were not ranked high because of a lack of physical maturity, coaching, or competition to be evaluated by the national recruiting sites.

And expect to lose two more soon: Boggs to Wisky and Blacknall to PSU

Skout doesn't even have Rutgers listed in their team recruiting class rankings. They may have no idea who is actually committed to them at this point.

I noticed that a while ago and forgot to post it.....perfect storm is brewing

Rutgers isn't in the scout team listings, neither is UConn. Also went into the conference listings, Maryland in Big 10, no Rutgers, also Louisville listed in ACC. The AAC, or Big East listings don't have Rutgers, or UConn either. Does Scout know something we don't?

can we get the thread name changed please-this is way beyond a dumpster fire -its past a cow and chitown- might be close to the extinction theory and the asteroid
Just call it the Rutgirls stuff storm!

Interesting. The guy was committed to Rutgers and only had offers from UConn, UMass, and Temple then all of the sudden Notre Dame shows up?
If a player is considered to be a solid comit to a BCS program, most others won't offer/pursue, which also impacts star ratings. Once the dumpster fire was lit some others started sniffing. Don't forget that ND has defensive coaching changes. Perhaps the new DC values positions differently.