The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 463 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

View attachment 220951
View attachment 220952

This was obvious pass interference. It was a 6’4” TE and that ball would have been potentially catchable. The only college player that wouldn’t have been catchable for is Deuce Vaughn.
I only had the live view but it looked way high and uncatchable
The pics aren’t clear to be honest I don’t think it shows much one way or the other
Most fans thought receiver flopped and got the call

and most of those are too high. Several of them are 5.5 with no D1 offers save Rutgers.
5.5 would not be anything to brag about in any case
If we were arguing 3 versus 4 star it would be different
Our class is definitely down this year

5.5 would not be anything to brag about in any case
If we were arguing 3 versus 4 star it would be different
Our class is definitely down this year
But high 3 star and low 3 star does matter. It makes your average ranking higher and it make it appear that you are doing better in recruiting. Perception matters and Dohn knows that.

But high 3 star and low 3 star does matter. It makes your average ranking higher and it make it appear that you are doing better in recruiting. Perception matters and Dohn knows that.
Ok
I always had the perception that 5.5 was middle of the road and not much to brag about
If some RU recruits don’t deserve that
I will take your word about it
I will say that Greg has a pretty good eye for talent at times
We get a verbal with no other offers, only to have them taken away by someone else later on, particularly Fla verbals

Ok
I always had the perception that 5.5 was middle of the road and not much to brag about
We get a verbal with no other offers, only to have them taken away by someone else later on, particularly Fla verbals
How much do you think losing Fran Brown has affected your recruiting?

Ok
We used to experience that too, when we had a clown OC running around

Ok
Yes Rivals gives the point grades. 5.5 and 5.7 are a big difference. 5.7 is close to a 4 star. Dohn rates 247 though. They give number grades (ex. 83). So a 87 compared to a 84 makes a big difference in perception.
For instance John Stone doesnt have any other offer. Performed badly in a camp and Dohn gave him a 87. SU has never had a commit with 1 offer with that had that high of a grade.

Last edited:
How much do you think losing Fran Brown has affected your recruiting?
A lot
The 2022 Rival's class had six 4 star players
This year we probably don’t get any

Some drop off due to other things, but no Fran has to be part of the reason

We were lucky to have him for as long as it was, but everyone knew he is going places
and would not be around much longer, maybe this year as his last

A lot
The 2022 Rival's class had six 4 star players
This year we probably don’t get any

Some drop off due to other things, but no Fran has to be part of the reason

We were lucky to have him for as long as it was, but everyone knew he is going places
and would not be around much longer, maybe this year as his last
Add in losing Khalil Ahmad to us.

Agree.

Rutgers is going to have a tough time filling this position. Schiano has developed a reputation as a hard coach to work for. You know money remains a problem. There is little in the way of talent to work with and most of all, there is an extreme lack of stability at Rutgers.

It is highly likely the whole staff will be gone in a year or two. That is their history and it will continue
As long as Shitano is coaching Rutgers you will never be successful. He is arguably the stereotypical Jersey meathead. He has been and will always be a complete tool. You can hire God as your OC and it wont matter. I couldn't have been happier the day you hired him to lead your resurgence as i knew he would fail. Hes an arrogant dope that i hope remains the head coach of Rutgers forever. Karma sucks and its name is Shitano.

Ashton Kutcher Burn GIF

One of the finest pleasures in like is trolling Rutgers on twitter. All it takes is a simple “lol” whenever they tweet. Effortless yet perfect.

As long as Shitano is coaching Rutgers you will never be successful. He is arguably the stereotypical Jersey meathead. He has been and will always be a complete tool. You can hire God as your OC and it wont matter. I couldn't have been happier the day you hired him to lead your resurgence as i knew he would fail. Hes an arrogant dope that i hope remains the head coach of Rutgers forever. Karma sucks and its name is Shitano.
You do know you responded to sutomcat and he is SU ORANGE through and through. And really good at assessing marching bands (which is a comment on the school itself). Otherwise, I agree with most of what you said. God would not hire on as OC for Shady, just my take.

I believe that Dohn rated Sitkowski a 4 star when he was in high school at Old Bridge. This is the type of overinflation that drives us nuts.
Would not that over inflation been well before coming to RU?
If Dohn can inflated his ranking it was not to give RU a favor

That’s it
Thanks for everyone else’s thought's
See you down the road

That’s it
Thanks for everyone else’s thought's
See you down the road
You have to

A) remember whose board this is, and
B) remember the name of this thread.

You can't come in dictating behavior when you're a guest. I hope you come back, as you provided good information from an opposing viewpoint.

But if you expected every poster here to welcome you with open arms, well, let's just say I wouldn't expect that on your board, so...