The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 464 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

You have to

A) remember whose board this is, and
B) remember the name of this thread.

You can't come in dictating behavior when you're a guest. I hope you come back, as you provided good information from an opposing viewpoint.

But if you expected every poster here to welcome you with open arms, well, let's just say I wouldn't expect that on your board, so...
Wait, wait, wait, are you saying I SHOULDN'T crash threads specifically making fun of my team? Next, you're gonna tell me that I shouldn't crash opposing teams post-game threads after we win!

Kelsey started a brewery about an hour from my house in the Catskills called “Faith brewing”. Opened I think at least 5 yrs ago

Wait, wait, wait, are you saying I SHOULDN'T crash threads specifically making fun of my team? Next, you're gonna tell me that I shouldn't crash opposing teams post-game threads after we win!
506.gif

That’s it
Thanks for everyone else’s thought's
See you down the road
Thx Pharm. Appreciate the thoughts. Sometimes the family feels the need to assert.

You do know you responded to sutomcat and he is SU ORANGE through and through. And really good at assessing marching bands (which is a comment on the school itself). Otherwise, I agree with most of what you said. God would not hire on as OC for Shady, just my take.
Obviously i know Tom my post wasn't meant for him.

We are saying the same things they say on their boards. He just can't stand to hear it from Cuse fans. rutgers fans are way more harsh discussing their team.
Rutgers fans lack a sense of humor. They take themselves way to seriously and think to lofty of their Scarlet Knights limited accomplishments. But hey, they have that split national championship from 1869, the ESB lit up in red, and ... that ... time ... when ... ummm ... uhhh ... ummmm ... someone give me a hand here ... (silence) ... (crickets chirping) ... (lights fade to black) ...

Rutgers fans lack a sense of humor. They take themselves way to seriously and think to lofty of their Scarlet Knights limited accomplishments. But hey, they have that split national championship from 1869, the ESB lit up in red, and ... that ... time ... when ... ummm ... uhhh ... ummmm ... someone give me a hand here ... (silence) ... (crickets chirping) ... (lights fade to black) ...
I think you nailed the highlights of the history of Rutgers athletics.

They like to bring up the birth place of college football but get mad when we talk about 1959 chip, Ernie Davis and Jim Brown. Lol

There’s the time where Barstool came, and they had a sellout. But not actually. And then they almost won the game, but they actually lost the game. Yeah.

I am here to answer any respectful questions...
If the good fans here can keep it with that, I could go back and forth

If you just want to trash the program in reply to me, I will not answer further
If I do not respond, it is for that reason, I will be gone for a good while.

so it is up to you, here...

that said,

I am a long time RU football and bb fan, going back to the 70"s

the current state of the RU football program mirrors a lot of the problems we have had in the past... the defense, except against a team like OSU, is good enough to win games, but the offense is a mess

part of the offense problem was having to go with the 3rd string qb, and he was not ready...couple that with a weak passing blocking line, and questionable
play calling... I think even with an average qb, that qb would struggle with the pass blocking. ...RU has, and has always had decent running backs

I see a lot of talk about how RU got "blown out" by Iowa... some may not
realize that Iowa only had one offense touchdown...and that touchdown was a result of a very bad pass interference call in the end zone, on an uncatchable throw on a 3rd down... it should have resulted in a field goal attempt

not to make an excuse, but just to show that our defense is and was good enough to win the middle of the road, or lower level big 10 games.

I supported the rehire of Greg S, but he never was a good offensive coach... he either stifles the OC, or has made bad OC hires in the past...I am not in position to say which

The majority seemed to want an OC change now, and to hire someone who can be creative and possibly solve some of the problems..

that would require Greg to be hands off, and to be honest, I don't think he can be
I don't expect our interim OC to be a miracle worker

I always remain optimistic... I know you like to portray RU fans as crazed or deluded...I am neither... like any Syracuse fan, you go to the games, watch on tv and hope for the best, with no overly optimistic expectations...

we are 3-3 right now, and, with the schedule left, could win one or possibly two, if all of a sudden, then find something on offense...
that is very nice that you support them so loyally. i must say that rutgers has the worst basketball fans i have ever seen. for the most part the are not knowledgeable about the game, rude, and many times ignorant, i would bring my son to games there when syracuse played. we would have syracuse stuff on. after having witnessed adults make fun of a little kid and harass us, we stopped wearing su stuff.
i know rutgers well. schiano is not the kind of individual i would have as a hc. old frank burns was the best coach ru ever had.
by the way i do like pikiell (sp) as the basketball coach

Rutgers has a very entertaining thread about us on their R vals board. They are eating their own over there.
Yeah, a few of them are reasonable, and realize the suck they are in. Others are, well, not there yet (and probably never will be given some of there comments there. For example:

1665923492251.png

Or:
1665923644667.png

For your reading pleasure:

https://rutgers.forums./threads/ot-syracuse.248820/

After 'forums.' type in r ivals.com without the space. You know the drill.

That thread is hysterical. They sound a lot like my kids travel baseball team, "if this...if we did this...if this happended..." typical loser mentality stuff. Here are the facts from some of the best coaching in the world...

"You play to win the game"
"You are what you're record says you are"
"We don't make the schedule"

For every game a team "probably should have won" is a game that they "probably should have lost". You win some, you lose some. In the end, it all evens out and you end up a mediocre 500 playing team.

- We are 6-0
- We have beaten four P5 teams
- Yeah NC State was down their QB, but guess what, we're down four or five starters too. Every team is. Sean Tucker isn't the guy he was last year, does that count in any of this? Of course not
- Big10 West Current Division leaders only loss...SYRACUSE

More facts...
- Rutty hasn't been ranked since 2012
- Rutty hasn't won a BiG10 Conf game at home in 5+ years
- Since joining the BiG10, Rutty is 12-64 in Conf Play
- That 12-64 Conf record is via FOUR different Head-Coaches
- Rutty last win vs a RANKED opponent...2009 vs Powerhouse South Florida
- Rutty is ranked 111/130 in total offense right now (2022)
- THREE Rutty 2022 schedule opponents (Iowa, BC and Temple) are all ranked lower lol
- Rutty Total offense ranked 119 (2021) and 107 (2020)
- They signed their meathead off tackle head-coach for EIGHT years. He has done absolutely nothing in year 3. And they are already on their next OC. They are NOT firing him for AT LEAST three more full seasons.

Everyone in that thread knows all of the above. Its pathetic. And if they're going to brag about the Big10 media payouts then they need to accept their doormat status in the big10 too. They are essentially inconf paycheck games.

That thread is hysterical. They sound a lot like my kids travel baseball team, "if this...if we did this...if this happended..." typical loser mentality stuff. Here are the facts from some of the best coaching in the world...

For every game a team "probably should have won" is a game that they "probably should have lost". You win some, you lose some. In the end, it all evens out and you end up a mediocre 500 playing team.

- We are 6-0
- Yeah NC State was down their QB, but guess what, we're down four or five starters too. Every team is. Sean Tucker isn't the guy he was last year, does that count in any of this? Of course not

More facts...
- THREE Rutty 2022 schedule opponents (Iowa, BC and Temple) are all ranked lower lol
- They signed their meathead off tackle head-coach for EIGHT years. He has done absolutely nothing in year 3. And they are already on their next OC. They are NOT firing him for AT LEAST three more full seasons.

Everyone in that thread knows all of the above. Its pathetic. And if they're going to brag about the Big10 media payouts then they need to accept their doormat status in the big10 too. They are essentially inconf paycheck games.
They start every season 0-4. Good luck with that.

Yeah, a few of them are reasonable, and realize the suck they are in. Others are, well, not there yet (and probably never will be given some of there comments there. For example:

View attachment 221181

Or:
View attachment 221182

For your reading pleasure:

After 'forums.' type in r ivals.com without the space. You know the drill.

That was an amazing thread.

I crap on RU a lot. As a NJ taxpayer with family and friends who are RU alumni, I wish RU was good enough that I could at least root for my state's land grant uni.

That Louisville game waaay back then was cool. That's legit their only "moment" in CFB.

But even my friends and family refuse to. So... I make fun of them.

- We are 6-0

More facts...

...and the B1G payouts will be scaled back because of Rutgers buy -in and their two loans against future layouts.