The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

The best reply:

"There is nothing thought provoking or HISTORICAL about that venue."

Typical of a fan base that thought college football came into popularity in 2006! Granted it does not occupy the exact same space as the old Stadium, but to me Yankee Stadium is still Yankee Stadium. College football has been played there going back to 1923. Some of the most iconic college football games have taken place there ( between Army - ND) in front of crowds that topped 80,000!

No history - my ass!

The best reply:

"There is nothing thought provoking or HISTORICAL about that venue."

Typical of a fan base that thought college football came into popularity in 2006! Granted it does not occupy the exact same space as the old Stadium, but to me Yankee Stadium is still Yankee Stadium. College football has been played there going back to 1923. Some of the most iconic college football games have taken place there ( between Army - ND) in front of crowds that topped 80,000!

No history - my ass!
Have you had a chance to go to the new stadium? It's pretty unattractive. Night and day from the old one. Very sterile.

Have you had a chance to go to the new stadium? It's pretty unattractive. Night and day from the old one. Very sterile.
Ive been to the new stadium a number of times. I think the stands and concourses are much better - especially for baseball. The seating configuration for football is not ideal but so was the seating at the old stadium - especially pre 1975 renovation. Despite that they would cram 60-80k in there for college football

I'd call the new stadium a lot of things, but I am not sure I would call it 'unattractive'. In fact, I think I would call it quite beautiful. The thing is though, being very aesthetically pleasing doesn't make it necessarily the best place to watch a baseball game.

The old stadium had so much character -- the upper decks felt like they were on top of the field, the white facade, the best damn chicken tenders you could get in America, etc. There was a sense of awe and history every time you walked in. The new stadium just feels like an ode to the power of the Yankees or a Yankees museum, and after my first few visits I don't get the same feeling of awe walking in.

When they first announced the new stadium, I was hoping they were going to be leaning more towards Camden Yards than Wall Street with the design, but it is what it is. At least Citi Field did a pretty good job with their stadium... but no one cares about the Mets.

Last edited:
If you had a "strong finish" in high school you shouldn't be going to JUCO. Great spin, NJ.com.
I noticed this as well. They actually had 3 non-qualifiers, IIRC. We had 2 and it was listed as "news" on ESPN.com. It won't be news for their non-qualifiers because it is Rutgers, after all...

Franklin did metal back at Vandy. Guess Flood is trying to copy him. weird.

@McMurphyESPN
Kyle Flood, James Franklin w/metal business cards. KF: "If Franklin's weighs more than mine, I'm getting new ones"

BtzeXWyIIAApkvx.jpg

Franklin did metal back at Vandy. Guess Flood is trying to copy him. weird.

@McMurphyESPN
Kyle Flood, James Franklin w/metal business cards. KF: "If Franklin's weighs more than mine, I'm getting new ones"

Of course Rutgers advertises their B1G affiliation in the center of the business card. Even a bottom feeder like Indiana, Colorado, Kentucky or Mississippi State wouldn't feel the need to throw the conference logo in the middle of their card. Ha.

Quote from fan: "No flippin way. Yankee Stadium brings nothing to the table." Yep! No Rutgers fans in NYC to play in front of. Rutgers fans in NJ won't schlep that far (ironic that they believe the whole of NYC will be stopping by on Saturdays for their games). No support from what is arguably the world's most marketable team, certainly, America's most marketable team. B1G wouldn't want to put out the NJ powerhouse for the sake of staking a claim in the media capital of the world. The B1G wouldn't want to work with the Yankees and Yankee Stadium, they only advertise there, want to claim NYC and FOX has deals with both. Conclusion: "Yankee Stadium brings nothing to the table."

Quote from fan: "No flippin way. Yankee Stadium brings nothing to the table." Yep! No Rutgers fans in NYC to play in front of. Rutgers fans in NJ won't schlep that far (ironic that they believe the whole of NYC will be stopping by on Saturdays for their games). No support from what is arguably the world's most marketable team, certainly, America's most marketable team. B1G wouldn't want to put out the NJ powerhouse for the sake of staking a claim in the media capital of the world. The B1G wouldn't want to work with the Yankees and Yankee Stadium, they only advertise there, want to claim NYC and FOX has deals with both. Conclusion: "Yankee Stadium brings nothing to the table."

As I've said the hypocrisy is deafening.

Of course Rutgers advertises their B1G affiliation in the center of the business card. Even a bottom feeder like Indiana, Colorado, Kentucky or Mississippi State wouldn't feel the need to throw the conference logo in the middle of their card. Ha.
It's because nobody has any idea what the capital R stands for.

I don't know how the helicopter was meant to be used or which department uses it, but, the amazing thing is if it is for the football program that Schiano was able to snow somebody into buying it.
Don't think it is a purchase (don't know if anyone really "buys" aircraft any more, with leasing more prevalent). I think they have a deal with a local company for helicopter access in exchange for advertising.

Don't think it is a purchase (don't know if anyone really "buys" aircraft any more, with leasing more prevalent). I think they have a deal with a local company for helicopter access in exchange for advertising.
This is correct. I forget the name of the helicopter company, but part of the compensation for advertising is that the football coaching staff got a certain amount of flying hours.

I wonder if it's the same one Christie used to go to his son's baseball games. I hate being a NJ taxpayer.

As I stated above, the use of the helicopter has nothing to do with NJ tax revenue.

This is gold, they have a post on their board calling out the fact that we have a thread dedicated to them, hello mr. pot.

Briancuse said:
This is gold, they have a post on their board calling out the fact that we have a thread dedicated to them, hello mr. pot.

Sweet! A hard look in the mirror will be good for them. Denial is no way to live.

Since I know many of them are here lurking and checking this out...Do you realize you are destined to the bottom of the B1g? There is no way around it. Only a few years removed from our worst period in history and we are leaving you in the dust in both on field performance and recruiting. You somehow believe that having a 'B1g' badge on your jersey will equate to on field success. Newsflash - your trash conference hasn't won a title since 2002. You think that some extra $$$ is going to elevate the program? No way. Not only will you be paying back your giant deficit while your conference mates continue to widen the gap but you'll also be receiving a cut share. Maryland is receiving travel subsidies while you get a reduced cut. Penn State already owns your state and will continue to do so. You hang your hat on the fact that your campus is close to NYC on a map. That's about it. Nobody in that city cares. Nobody in the rest of the country cares. You're garbage that is rotting away. We are New York's College Team.