The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Rutgers has never been close to winning anything. They envy the Cubs. At least they have Steve Bartman to blame for their continued ineptitude.

I honestly can't conceive of Rutgers finishing in the top 4 of their division in the next ten years. The Rutgers program is in very bad shape and they're going up against teams firing on all cylinders. SU's program was in way better shape compared to theirs for our first season and we got trounced a few times (Clemson, @FSU, @GT). They've got 6 games where I don't think they have a shot: PSU, Michigan, @OSU, @Nebraska (Back-to-Back), Wisconsin, @MSU -- it's going to be ugly.

Big 10 football is headed on the path to being irrelevant, within the next 10 years no-one will even care about their football, but themselves. The Big 10 is where great programs go to die, reference Penn St, and Nebraska. Programs that before they joined the Big 10, were in the picture for national championship discussion.

Just out of curiosity, I checked the IU R ivals board to gage their opinion of that great eastern football factory with deep roots and tradition dating way back to 2006.

Rutgers fan states:
https://indiana.r ivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=725&mid=202767381&sid=942&tid=202719204&style=1
Re: Anyone else notice that this year's Rose Bowl won't be a real Rose Bowl?Reply

Too bad. Rutgers vs. Colorado would have been a heck of a Rose Bowl.

Then an IU fan responds:
Didn' Mr Magoo go to Rutgers?Reply

That's the only reason I knew Rutgers existed when I was a kid.

Imagine: Rutgers most famous alumni is a fictional cartoon character.

When IU football fans slam someone in football, that is a major put down

I honestly can't conceive of Rutgers finishing in the top 4 of their division in the next ten years. The Rutgers program is in very bad shape and they're going up against teams firing on all cylinders. SU's program was in way better shape compared to theirs for our first season and we got trounced a few times (Clemson, @FSU, @GT). They've got 6 games where I don't think they have a shot: PSU, Michigan, @OSU, @Nebraska (Back-to-Back), Wisconsin, @MSU -- it's going to be ugly.

This is a big issue for them. Whatever minimal success Rutgers had, was built on our down period and their cream puff schedules. No more cream puff schedules in the B1G.

this from a rutgirls fan
Northern Illinois? REALLY??? Thanks a lot Terps! Way to set a BAD precedent!!! Yikes!
mad.r191677.gif

"All I want for Christmas is to be planning a NYE pre-bowl party

on Maryland scheduling them, something rutgirls would never do.

man o man is the big cluster in for a fun ride with this fanbase

this from a rutgirls fan
Northern Illinois? REALLY??? Thanks a lot Terps! Way to set a BAD precedent!!! Yikes!
mad.r191677.gif

"All I want for Christmas is to be planning a NYE pre-bowl party

on Maryland scheduling them, something rutgirls would never do.

man o man is the big cluster in for a fun ride with this fanbase

Exactly, rutgers never scheduled cupcakes, their fans are priceless.

Too bad...Northern Illinois has gone like 34-6 over the last three season's and it looks like they played in better bowls every year that those two schools both went...lol

Did we know that Mitch Browning is now the rutgirls OL coach? I didn't.

ESPN's Greatest Individual seasons. Let's take a look, shall we?

ncf_u_erniedavis_ms_203x114.jpg

Syracuse: Ernie Davis, RB, 1961
980 yards of total offense; accounted for 14 TDs
The Elmira Express became the first black player to win the Heisman after setting eight school career, season and single-game records in 1961. His No. 44 jersey, previously worn by Jim Brown, has since been retired.
Honorable mention: Jim Brown 1956, Don McPherson 1987, Donovan McNabb 1998

ncf_paulrobeson_ms_203x114.jpg

Rutgers: Paul Robeson, end, 1917
Three-sport star; All-American end
Robeson made the first of back-to-back All-America teams. He became a national star after his dominant performance on both sides of the ball in Rutgers' upset win against the Newport Naval Reserve squad at Ebbets Field in Brooklyn.
Honorable mention: Nate Toran 1976, Ray Rice 2007, Kenny Britt 2008

Just think of the great players/seasons that didn't make the cut for SU. Little in '65 (5th in Heisman voting). Freeney in 2001 (17.5 sacks). And so on... Even in 1917, Rutgers was playing a weak schedule!

ESPN's Greatest Individual seasons. Let's take a look, shall we?

ncf_u_erniedavis_ms_203x114.jpg

Syracuse: Ernie Davis, RB, 1961
980 yards of total offense; accounted for 14 TDs
The Elmira Express became the first black player to win the Heisman after setting eight school career, season and single-game records in 1961. His No. 44 jersey, previously worn by Jim Brown, has since been retired.
Honorable mention: Jim Brown 1956, Don McPherson 1987, Donovan McNabb 1998

ncf_paulrobeson_ms_203x114.jpg

Rutgers: Paul Robeson, end, 1917
Three-sport star; All-American end
Robeson made the first of back-to-back All-America teams. He became a national star after his dominant performance on both sides of the ball in Rutgers' upset win against the Newport Naval Reserve squad at Ebbets Field in Brooklyn.
Honorable mention: Nate Toran 1976, Ray Rice 2007, Kenny Britt 2008

Just think of the great players/seasons that didn't make the cut for SU. Little in '65 (5th in Heisman voting). Freeney in 2001 (17.5 sacks). And so on... Even in 1917, Rutgers was playing a weak schedule!

Isn't Rutgers playing Newport Naval Reserve next year?