The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I don't know, I hate me some NC St, but then I always have. Difference is, NC St has done something in its past. Rutgers fans think they've done it all, when in fact...well, you know. Think of the dumpster fire thread as a public service announcement for the Girls' fans.
Don't get me wrong, Rutgers has zero tradition or history compared to us, I'm not talking about some kind of historic rivalry that spans decades, im talking about a here and now full on war with them for NJ. It's foolish to bury one's head in the sand and dismiss their B1G invite, their recent recruiting successes, and their investment in that program and facilities. We need them to fail so we can reclaim our proper place as a NE power. I don't see it as a coincidence that their rise to mediocrity happened at the same time as our decent into the abyss, and I don't think it's coincidence that their program started taking some lumps recently as we have begun to successfully rebuild. There certainly seems to be some kind of cause and effect relationship between the two schools.

Rear-View-Mirror-Sky.jpeg

To me, this image applies more to UConn (an athletics department I actually respect) than it does Rutgers (an athletics department that I truly believe is the absolute worse in all of P5 and most of G5). They aren't in our rear-view mirror. They are traveling along side us and it's debateable which program is seeing the other in their side-view mirror.

I also think we should try to include them in a small group of scheduling opponents that include Maryland, Army, Navy, Northwestern, Vandy, TCU, and USF. But then I doubt they will want to play us.

Cheers,
Neil

I don't know, I hate me some NC St, but then I always have. Difference is, NC St has done something in its past. Rutgers fans think they've done it all, when in fact...well, you know. Think of the dumpster fire thread as a public service announcement for the Girls' fans.

Living here in NC, my take is that typical State fan isn't going to be overly braggadocio in mixed company, unless it's with their old ACC ilk or ECU. They will post junk on their site and refuse requests to let you have posting privileges. I don't even think their fans attempt to come over here, but you'd probably be better in the know on that one.

I've hated Penn State with a passion since 1987. Add in the kiddie molestation and their Children of the Corn/Village of the Damned fan base and the hatred has grown exponentially.

And yet, watching the Penn State/Rutgers game the other day, I found myself rooting for Penn State. I don't know what it is, but probably a combination of a lot of things:

Their dumb fans
Shady Monkey
Governor Crispy Creme
Chopping Wood & F.A.M.L.Y.-I get the douche chills just typing it
Our slide into GRob hell while they sort of "prospered"
Turning one slightly significant win in 100 years into a spot in the B1G
Getting to bowl games due to cream puff schedules

To paraphrase Lewis Black, "Penn State sucks and Rutgers blows."

What if a faction of this board decides to break away and start another Rutgers thread? Has anyone even considered that? It could be all out anarchy. Right now we have the beast contained to a single thread. What if it were ever to get out?! Do we have doomsday contingency plans?

they are kind of like Ebola. Containment is key, otherwise the whole board would get infected.

Its inexplicable. Classic example of "Methinks thou dost protest too much".
Regardless of how the Rutgers-obsessed fans try to dismiss it as "harmless fun", etc.- it disproportionately elevates RU's program and lessens ours.
Those very same ROSUFans don't seem to "get" that part. All that attention on a "johnny-come-lately" RU program that has NEVER been on our level, smacks of deep insecurity by some.
It's just...sad. :noidea:
JMHO

For me it's pretty simple. I come here more times a day than I like to admit looking to chat with fellow cuse fans as well as for entertainment. That thread is pure entertainment for me. When we were up Rutgers was a game we won and ignored. When we were down they pissed in our Cheerios. Now I can enjoy a thread making fun of a team I dislike. JMHO

DoctorBombay said:
Its inexplicable. Classic example of "Methinks thou dost protest too much". Regardless of how the Rutgers-obsessed fans try to dismiss it as "harmless fun", etc.- it disproportionately elevates RU's program and lessens ours. Those very same ROSUFans don't seem to "get" that part. All that attention on a "johnny-come-lately" RU program that has NEVER been on our level, smacks of deep insecurity by some. It's just...sad. :noidea: JMHO

Silly. Posts on a syracuse board about any team, let alone rutgers, doesn't elevate their program at all nor lessons ours. That's done on the field.

SWC75 said:
That's what prompted my post. You look at our board and by far the most popular thread is about a school we don't even play anymore. It is embarrassing.

Why is it embarrassing? And what is hard to understand it's one thread for about a year? Picking on rutgirls is easy. It's fun. It's entertaining. They themselves make them a target not just here. Think of how many stooopid things that program, athletic dept and school has done or said. They are easy targets to mock. And they have the corner on stooopid posters.

Why is it embarrassing? And what is hard to understand it's one thread for about a year? Picking on rutgirls is easy. It's fun. It's entertaining. They themselves make them a target not just here. Think of how many stooopid things that program, athletic dept and school has done or said. They are easy targets to mock. And they have the corner on stooopid posters.

I understand it's a year-long thread. Maybe we should have some other year-long threads for comparison's sake, ("Uniforms" was mentioned.)

It just makes it looks as if we care more for a former opponent that we don't play any more than our current and future opponents. I find that embarrassing.

SWC75 said:
I understand it's a year-long thread. Maybe we should have some other year-long threads for comparison's sake, ("Uniforms" was mentioned.) It just makes it looks as if we care more for a former opponent that we don't play any more than our current and future opponents. I find that embarrassing.

Then you and a few others need to lighten up. It's harmless fun mocking an easy target. There's nothing embarrassing about it. Are they showing the thread on ESPN?

I'll do better than lighten up. I won't bother comment on it again. I've said my piece on the subject. On to other things.

I just don't get all the negativity about the negativity we throw at the Girls. If you don't care, don't read the thread. And don't complain about it. There's nothing embarrassing about it. When you have a fan base with so much baseless hubris, so much cluelessness, and so much pride about one freakin' Thursday night and nothing else, they deserve all the crap that is heaped upon them.

I've hated Penn State with a passion since 1987. Add in the kiddie molestation and their Children of the Corn/Village of the Damned fan base and the hatred has grown exponentially.

And yet, watching the Penn State/Rutgers game the other day, I found myself rooting for Penn State. I don't know what it is, but probably a combination of a lot of things:

Their dumb fans
Shady Monkey
Governor Crispy Creme
Chopping Wood & F.A.M.L.Y.-I get the douche chills just typing it
Our slide into GRob hell while they sort of "prospered"
Turning one slightly significant win in 100 years into a spot in the B1G
Getting to bowl games due to cream puff schedules

To paraphrase Lewis Black, "Penn State sucks and Rutgers blows."

sounds like a Jim Rome rant

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Penn state had about 7 or 8 thousand fans at the game, the university did everything they could to keep tickets with RU season ticket holders...but PSU fans are resourceful and
quite a few got parking passes and tickets...but the common guess is about 8 thou...probably almost double what most other teams bring in based on previous years.

I did not come to annoy, I do not read your board often...so I thought the rutgers al thing was an honest question...I guess Al visits here..lol...
RU fans know that we will have to win in order to keep the interest up...that would be the case for any school...

but we have that chance...as far as the Indiana & other games on this years schedule, RU has about 40,000 seats taken at minimum, not counting walk up sales, visitor sales...those games will approach sellout status also if we win our next couple.

RU has the highest rated games ever on Espn, ESPN2, SNY, etc, this from previous years big games...if RU has a game of any importance, we get the ratings...

I think syracuse would also have been a good fit for the big 10, but it seems your fans are happy where you are, and it is all good...I readily admit your basketball will be great...I do question that you and boston college will develop good rivals in football

It is my understanding that many B1G fans of other schools buy season tickets at other stadiums for good seats. We will see if this is true, let's face it, the BTN loaded your home schedule nicely this season. What happens next season when you visit the big boys and they don't come knocking on your stadium door?

Enjoy your time in the B1G. Your school was handed a lifeline/golden ticket. Your boys need to prove up or they will become the perpetual Indiana on the east coast.

And, yes, Rutgers Al visits here. He is always positive and a true Rutgers fan, we all respect true fans, even if they cheer on the wrong team (read any team other than Syracuse). He has attended the tailgates with our guys and has always been well spoken of as a person, though we respectfully disagree with his sports fandom. I have not had the pleasure of meeting him in person, though.

To me, this image applies more to UConn (an athletics department I actually respect) than it does Rutgers (an athletics department that I truly believe is the absolute worse in all of P5 and most of G5). They aren't in our rear-view mirror. They are traveling along side us and it's debateable which program is seeing the other in their side-view mirror.

I also think we should try to include them in a small group of scheduling opponents that include Maryland, Army, Navy, Northwestern, Vandy, TCU, and USF. But then I doubt they will want to play us.

Cheers,
Neil

They want to play us.

They are also our biggest rival

Don't care what anyone says.

Oh, to be young again. There was a time, not long before GRob took over, that Rutgers was circled as a win. Every. Year. No questions asked. When you routinely beat up someone, they are not a rival. PSU has no regard for Rutgers. WVU has no regard for Rutgers. Pitt has no regard for Rutgers. Etc. Etc. Etc.

v. PSU, 2-22
v. Pitt, 8-22
v. ND, 0-5
v. v. WVU, 4-33
v. Miami, 0-11
v. VATech, 3-12
v. Syracuse, 12-30 (with 6 due directly to GRob and 2 to PP)

As you can see, Rutgers is not a rival to older fans.

Oh, to be young again. There was a time, not long before GRob took over, that Rutgers was circled as a win. Every. Year. No questions asked. When you routinely beat up someone, they are not a rival. PSU has no regard for Rutgers. WVU has no regard for Rutgers. Pitt has no regard for Rutgers. Etc. Etc. Etc.

v. PSU, 2-22
v. Pitt, 8-22
v. ND, 0-5
v. v. WVU, 4-33
v. Miami, 0-11
v. VATech, 3-12
v. Syracuse, 12-30 (with 6 due directly to GRob and 2 to PP)

As you can see, Rutgers is not a rival to older fans.
Now I am going to have to look up Syracuse's all time record vs the above teams. I'm thinking Syracuse might have a winning record vs WVU and maybe VTech?