The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I wonder if Rutgers just has a standard apology form letter that they use now where they can just fill in the blank to describe each fun new unique way they find to embarrass themselves?

I wonder if Rutgers just has a standard apology form letter that they use now where they can just fill in the blank to describe each fun new unique way they find to embarrass themselves?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Rutgers University and the entire Athletic Department would like to apologize sincerely to all who were offended by (insert indiscretion of coach/fan/staff here). As you all know, the University in no way condones (choose all that apply - berating and bullying players/botched background checks/advising staff not to become pregnant/ignoring sex discrimination/corruption and wasteful spending/leaving televisions on during home games/wasting money on settlements for any or all of the above).

As we have had to say time and time again, we have zero tolerance for any such actions. We steal misappropriate gouge are subsidized by a great deal of money from the general fund to support athletics that we will never be able to pay back and this is not the way the University expects our (choose offending party here - coaches/fans/staff) to behave.

On a side note, did you hear we are joining the Big Ten? Cool stuff, huh? Lord Delaney loved our cable boxes rich athletic history. Remember that one Thursday night? That was awesome!

In closing, we will do anything in our power to ensure something like this never happens again (ignore audience laughter and internet trolling here). We’re sorry. We really are. Again.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Rutgers University and the entire Athletic Department would like to apologize sincerely to all who were offended by (insert indiscretion of coach/fan/staff here). As you all know, the University in no way condones (choose all that apply - berating and bullying players/botched background checks/advising staff not to become pregnant/ignoring s e x discrimination/corruption and wasteful spending/leaving televisions on during home games/wasting money on settlements for any or all of the above).

As we have had to say time and time again, we have zero tolerance for any such actions. We steal misappropriate gouge are subsidized by a great deal of money from the general fund to support athletics that we will never be able to pay back and this is not the way the University expects our (choose offending party here - coaches/fans/staff) to behave.

On a side note, did you hear we are joining the Big Ten? Cool stuff, huh? Lord Delaney loved our cable boxes rich athletic history. Remember that one Thursday night? That was awesome!

In closing, we will do anything in our power to ensure something like this never happens again (ignore audience laughter and internet trolling here). We’re sorry. We really are. Again.

Post of the day! Hilarious! Awesome job!

1.) I don't think JH would be apologizing if rutgirls won

2.) lol...even rutgirls fans are calling him turnova.

3.) John Finestein ripped him into the 'girls today in a infomercial going over the events of the last few years. Ripping into both Rice's. the ped. sign and so forth

rutgers-fan.gif
RutgersAl! Is that really you, man?!?!?!?!?

She should not have had to apologize at all. And frankly the outcry from Ped State over this ‘classlessness’ has been ridiculous. Cry me a river. The coverup of child rape should have brought the death penalty.

Did any AD have to apologize over Bernie Fine chants or over any number of classless (or racist) student chants for opposing players’ and/or their indiscretions? What a joke this is turning into, now all of a sudden Ped State is the victim? Wah wah

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
She should not have had to apologize at all. And frankly the outcry from Ped State over this ‘classlessness’ has been ridiculous. Cry me a river. The coverup of child rape should have brought the death penalty. Did any AD have to apologize over Bernie Fine chants or over any number of classless (or racist) student chants for opposing players’ and/or their indiscretions? What a joke this is turning into, now all of a sudden Ped State is the victim? Wah wah

It's not that they are sensitive - it's that that want to believe that chapter never did happen. And if it did - it was a remote incident with nothing to do with football and esp not Saint Joe.

We need to lock this thread now and start a new one .. just because we hit 44 pages of Rutgers insanity!

She should not have had to apologize at all. And frankly the outcry from Ped State over this ‘classlessness’ has been ridiculous. Cry me a river. The coverup of child rape should have brought the death penalty.

Did any AD have to apologize over Bernie Fine chants or over any number of classless (or racist) student chants for opposing players’ and/or their indiscretions? What a joke this is turning into, now all of a sudden Ped State is the victim? Wah wah

PSU calling any school classless after protecting a pedophile for their sole benefit allowing him to prey on more and more kids is in itself classless. I do agree that Rutgers is classless but PSU is the ultimate in classless and RU has a long ways to go to catch you. Frankly, I hope no school, even Rutgers, matches PSU in classlessness.

first off, the picture above is not Rutgers Al...

after the Penn state scandal you should not be shocked that a few jerks would make tee-shirts or a sign about the child abuse scandal...it is
totally unacceptable, but, almost unstoppable...the only reason the AD had to apologize was that the photo of the sign made it into the packet of photos the university was using, and
immediately taken out when they realized what it was.

I was at the game and a couple of things I would like to mention....Penn state might not respect RU much, but they knew they were damn lucky to win that day, getting the lead after
59 minutes of play...they respected our efforts, but PSU did deserve to win, having to actually score a second time after a holding call....

also, the big 10 is absolutely the best thing that has happened for the university in a long time...a totally packed and super loud stadium was on display for all those watching on the
big 10 network...the big 10 started coverage on site at 11 am, much like and espn gameday...this was also a new thing for the league to do

RU was the most watched college game in the New York City and Philadelphia markets that day, beating out a Notre dame game on channel 4...it also was the highest
rated big 10 game ever in the two markets....given the fact that the big 10 is on some obscure channels ( 413 cablevision, eg) the big 10 offices are throwing a party

any question about taking RU into the big 10 is already being answered...providing RU can be, and remain competitive, fans will pack the place, people will watch on tv

I know the cuse loves the acc, it is a fantastic bb conference,probably the best there is, and will hopefully remain a very good fb conference after the fla state qb moves on...that does remain to be seen if there is a drop off...right now the big 10 is down in football, but having the big time name teams coming into Piscataway will always draw...Michigan is also a sellout, Wisconsin is close.

after the Penn state scandal you should not be shocked that a few jerks would make tee-shirts or a sign about the child abuse scandal...it is
totally unacceptable, but, almost unstoppable...the only reason the AD had to apologize was that the photo of the sign made it into the packet of photos the university was using, and

I was at the game and a couple of things I would like to mention...Penn state might not respect RU much, but they knew they were damn lucky to win that day, getting the lead after
59 minutes of play...they respected our efforts, but PSU did deserve to win, having to actually score a second time after a holding call...

also, the big 10 is absolutely the best thing that has happened for the university in a long time...a totally packed and super loud stadium was on display for all those watching on the
big 10 network...the big 10 started coverage on site at 11 am, much like and espn gameday...this was also a new thing for the league to do

RU was the most watched college game in the New York City and Philadelphia markets that day, beating out a Notre dame game on channel 4...it also was the highest
rated big 10 game ever in the two markets...given the fact that the big 10 is on some obscure channels ( 413 cablevision, eg) the big 10 offices are throwing a party

any question about taking RU into the big 10 is already being answered...providing RU can be, and remain competitive, fans will pack the place, people will watch on tv

I know the cuse loves the acc, it is a fantastic bb conference,probably the best there is, and will hopefully remain a very good fb conference after the fla state qb moves on...that does remain to be seen if there is a drop off...right now the big 10 is down in football, but having the big time name teams coming into Piscataway will always draw...Michigan is also a sellout, Wisconsin is close.
Your not a p5 conference this year...at all.

wheezer73 said:
first off, the picture above is not Rutgers Al... We know that

I was at the game and a couple of things I would like to mention...Penn state might not respect RU much, but they knew they were damn lucky to win that day, getting the lead after
59 minutes of play...they respected our efforts, but PSU did deserve to win, having to actually score a second time after a holding call...

also, the big 10 is absolutely the best thing that has happened for the university in a long time...
Duh

a totally packed and super loud stadium was on display for all those watching on the
big 10 network...the big 10 started coverage on site at 11 am, much like and espn gameday...this was also a new thing for the league to do.
BTN starting coverage at 11 AM - is that like a tree falling in a forest when no one is around?

RU was the most watched college game in the New York City and Philadelphia markets that day, beating out a Notre dame game on channel 4...it also was the highest rated big 10 game ever in the two markets...given the fact that the big 10 is on some obscure channels ( 413 cablevision, eg) the big 10 offices are throwing a party

Because, if it happens once, it will happen forever. :rolleyes: Google fallacy of composition

I know the cuse loves the acc, it is a fantastic bb conference,probably the best there is, and will hopefully remain a very good fb conference after the fla state qb moves on... LOL - hopefully the B1G will one day again be a very good FB conference - it isn't one now. that does remain to be seen if there is a drop off...right now the big 10 is down in football, but having the big time name teams coming into Piscataway will always draw...Michigan is also a sellout, Wisconsin is close. Too bad it won't be your fans filling the stadium

Several board members know Rutgres Al. Most of us on here like him, though we disagree with him. The comment was in jest due to the hard core fan. Rutgers Al is tioo much a gentleman to actually act out like the Rutgers fan above.

No one here is shocked. What we are mocking and the point you missed is that Rutgers should have vetted these photos closely knowing the sensitive nature of the issue and the parties involved. Many, if not all, on here agree in sentiment that Sandusky deserves a place in hell not too far from Stalin, Mao, etc. It is also amusing that the AD must apologize frequently for stupid acts on the part of Rutgers personnel. We don't see this out of many schools in the NCAA at any level, especially the top levels.

One game a history makes? PSU was overlooking Rutgers and Rutgers was pumped up so everything is equalized? PSU won at the end, that is what good teams do.

Most of us on this board recognize that the B1G is the best thing to happen to Rutgers. The real question is whether Rutgers is a good thing to happen to the B1G.

rated big 10 game ever in the two markets...given the fact that the big 10 is on some obscure channels ( 413 cablevision, eg) the big 10 offices are throwing a party

Your point? There was a lot of hoopla around Rutgers joining the B1G. This will not happen again. Once this season is over, the attention will be off Rutgers. And really, is the attention on Rutgers or the potential train wreck that the B1G is heading into? Serious question?

When this happens week in and week out every year, you may make this claim. Also, you must differentiate between Rutgers fans and opposing B1G team fans as the B1G travels well. If half of your stadium is Michigan fans, so what, New Mexico State would get the same result, in which case it is not because of Rutgers but because of whom they play.

Wow, the big bad B1G is being beaten by a basketball conference? You may not want to talk too loud. That is like bragging about being beat up by a 87 year old lady. Check again, the ACC is far better than the B1G in football and the teams combined over the last several decades support this claim. The PAC is overblown annually and the Big 12 is OU and UT, with a team or two making noise but traditionally underperforming.

Enjoy your sellouts to Michigan fans and Wisconsin fans. When Rutgers plays Indiana, Purdue and Illinois and packs the house with Rutgers fans, not travelling fans, then you may make some claims. When Rutgers carries NYC without the hoopla and TV generated attention for the past year, then you can make noise. When Rutgers actually wins games of importance on a regular basis, then you cam make noise.

Rutgers doing well on TV in their first ever Big 10 game is like watching Snookie have sex on TV. Once you've seen it once you really don't want to ever see it again. Novelty act.

Wow, the big bad B1G is being beaten by a basketball conference? You may not want to talk too loud. That is like bragging about being beat up by a 87 year old lady. Check again, the ACC is far better than the B1G in football and the teams combined over the last several decades support this claim. The PAC is overblown annually and the Big 12 is OU and UT, with a team or two making noise but traditionally underperforming.

Enjoy your sellouts to Michigan fans and Wisconsin fans. When Rutgers plays Indiana, Purdue and Illinois and packs the house with Rutgers fans, not travelling fans, then you may make some claims. When Rutgers carries NYC without the hoopla and TV generated attention for the past year, then you can make noise. When Rutgers actually wins games of importance on a regular basis, then you cam make noise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Penn state had about 7 or 8 thousand fans at the game, the university did everything they could to keep tickets with RU season ticket holders...but PSU fans are resourceful and
quite a few got parking passes and tickets...but the common guess is about 8 thou....probably almost double what most other teams bring in based on previous years.

I did not come to annoy, I do not read your board often...so I thought the rutgers al thing was an honest question...I guess Al visits here..lol...
RU fans know that we will have to win in order to keep the interest up...that would be the case for any school...

but we have that chance...as far as the Indiana & other games on this years schedule, RU has about 40,000 seats taken at minimum, not counting walk up sales, visitor sales...those games will approach sellout status also if we win our next couple.

RU has the highest rated games ever on Espn, ESPN2, SNY, etc, this from previous years big games....if RU has a game of any importance, we get the ratings...

I think syracuse would also have been a good fit for the big 10, but it seems your fans are happy where you are, and it is all good...I readily admit your basketball will be great...I do question that you and boston college will develop good rivals in football

Last edited:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Penn state had about 7 or 8 thousand fans at the game, the university did everything they could to keep tickets with RU season ticket holders...but PSU fans are resourceful and
quite a few got parking passes and tickets...but the common guess is about 8 thou...probably almost double what most other teams bring in based on previous years.

I did not come to annoy, I do not read your board often...so I thought the rutgers al thing was an honest question...I guess Al visits here..lol...
RU fans know that we will have to win in order to keep the interest up...that would be the case for any school...

but we have that chance...as far as the Indiana & other games on this years schedule, RU has about 40,000 seats taken at minimum, not counting walk up sales, visitor sales...those games will approach sellout status also if we win our next couple.

RU has the highest rated games ever on Espn, ESPN2, SNY, etc, this from previous years big games...if RU has a game of any importance, we get the ratings... (If my memory serves me correct these were Thursday night games with no other competition, the first being 2006 when RU's football record started)

I think syracuse would also have been a good fit for the big 10, but it seems your fans are happy where you are, and it is all good...I readily admit your basketball will be great...I do question that you and boston college will develop good rivals in football
(SU is not a good fit for the Big Ten IMO. The majority of schools are large state schools. They have the AAU status which SU no longer has. Of course ignorant RU fans use this as dig at SU. The Big Ten is overrated and hasn't produced as much on the field as it's members think)

Looking at the "hits" and "replies" stats on this first page, easily the most "popular", (if that's what it really means), is a thread about Rutgers, with 109,319 hits and 1,545 replies. it's a thread that started a year ago.

Why do we care so much about Rutgers? :eek::mad::confused: