The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

History aside, Rutgers is now a regional and recruiting rival of ours, like it or not.

They are located in a fertile recruiting area that we are trying to work back into.

They are in the B1G and will hopefully get the shitt stamped out of.

Greg Schiano was a complete POS on the recruiting trail and was shady as hell (not like other schools aren't, but he's a greasy monkey, so it's different...?).

They are located in the armpit known as NJ (no offense to the board members who reside there - your neighborhoods are great I'm sure).

Their fanbase is loaded with bandwagon, sleezeballs who climbed out from under a rock in 2006.

They hate us. It's more jealousy than anything on their end.

Dumpster fires are never-ending in the land of Piscataway.

Would love to play them every year.

Wood chopped.

Shall I continue?

I don't get the infatuation either. It's admitting that we're on they're level and I like to think that we're better than them in all aspects and certainly don't feel the need to bang on my chest about how lousy RU is to feel better about our program. Yes, they are a regional recruiting rival but that's about it. I don't foresee them going after Florida and southern recruits the way we do being that most of their games are now in B1G country. And Shafer, Lester, and co, seem to have an in with OH and IL which appears to be a leg up on RU regardless of who we play. Wheatley leaving and his Michigan connections (Eric Crume, Rob Thompson) certainly hurts though.

Yes they are a recruiting rival, but for some the obsession is much worse. Consolidation makes it look worse but even without it we would have a me thread on the board almost daily based on the action.

I admit their fan as has made me want them to fail in the B1G, but the constant focus on them is a it crazy given The fact that we aren't in the same League

betterthanyou.jpg

Folks for about the 10,000th time all Buttgers threads have been combined into one which is why thread is so large. It would be the same over there if they kept one thread about Syracuse, theres two syracuse threads on there front page right now.

Part of it is because we consolidated all rutgers postings into 1 thread instead of multiple threads.
im stunned the 'all-inclusive' has worked.

we should start a 'im a fluckin idiot & i cant find this weeks game on tv, so please help me because i dont know to use the search feature...all inclusive tv guide' thread.

What if a faction of this board decides to break away and start another Rutgers thread? Has anyone even considered that? It could be all out anarchy. Right now we have the beast contained to a single thread. What if it were ever to get out?! Do we have doomsday contingency plans?

Because we have no one else to hate in the ACC. PSU and ND are ok but alot of us realize we are on the outside looking in when it comes to those two programs. Certain events over the years haven't hurt some fans angst against Rutgers. We all know DM circled those games, we all know about the Schaino/Grob 'one year wonder' and rolling eyes handshake. We all know that their rise to mediocrity was a direct result of the prior administration's poor handling of the P firing, they pushed us out of NJ and we haven't been the same ever since. Rutgers failure opens the doors back into NJ. Oh and the train wreck that is their AD just makes it too easy. I'd love to hate some NC State, or BC, or even Pitt but we can't get that same level of wanting to give them a big FU! In my time I think of our rivals as VaTech, then WV, then Rutgers. No it's not anything like Mich/OSU or Clemson/SC. And I know some people think that somehow legitimizes their program. I say their consistently higher (than us) rated recruiting classes, losing the last 2 games to them, their invite to the B1G, beating WSU on the road, and hanging with PSU for 59 minutes has already done that. Yes I see them as a threat. One that I would like to see beaten to a bloody mess.

Add in the fact that they've been beating their chests about the B1G move while we've pretty much said they will get curb-stomped. This is their first season there and it's now time to see what happens (and post about it). Once they settle into their spot in the conference cellar, the furor will die down. Not completely, due to the other reasons listed above though.

good topic - this has never been discussed on this forum before. I'll be interested to hear the answers...

:bat::bat::bat::bat:

(SU is not a good fit for the Big Ten IMO. The majority of schools are large state schools. They have the AAU status which SU no longer has. Of course ignorant RU fans use this as dig at SU. The Big Ten is overrated and hasn't produced as much on the field as it's members think)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no one should argue the fact that the big 10 has fallen off, especially in football....

I would like to ask if anybody here sees a decent rivalry between syracuse and an acc team, other than boston college...bc SHOULD be one for you,
but who else is there on the horizon?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no one should argue the fact that the big 10 has fallen off, especially in football...

I would like to ask if anybody here sees a decent rivalry between syracuse and an acc team, other than boston college...bc SHOULD be one for you,
but who else is there on the horizon?

I would add Louisville, in reality they are all new rivalries now. If SU continues improving (hopefully...) others in the ACC will be as well. Beat one of the power ACC teams and I'm sure it becomes one right away. I'd say RU has Marlyand, thinks it has PSU but I don't think PSU feels the same about RU.

BC and Pitt ...

If we're talking about original ACC teams I would say our annual game against NC State has potential. Their fans already don't like us for basketball reasons and we dont like them.

Around 2006 a few Rutgers fans made this board their 2nd home and turned nearly every thread into a belching contest.

I'll admit, I had PTSD until the ACC announcement.

Speaking of merging threads into the Dumpster fire... How many clicks would that take?

Because we have no one else to hate in the ACC. PSU and ND are ok but alot of us realize we are on the outside looking in when it comes to those two programs. Certain events over the years haven't hurt some fans angst against Rutgers. We all know DM circled those games, we all know about the Schaino/Grob 'one year wonder' and rolling eyes handshake. We all know that their rise to mediocrity was a direct result of the prior administration's poor handling of the P firing, they pushed us out of NJ and we haven't been the same ever since. Rutgers failure opens the doors back into NJ. Oh and the train wreck that is their AD just makes it too easy. I'd love to hate some NC State, or BC, or even Pitt but we can't get that same level of wanting to give them a big FU! In my time I think of our rivals as VaTech, then WV, then Rutgers. No it's not anything like Mich/OSU or Clemson/SC. And I know some people think that somehow legitimizes their program. I say their consistently higher (than us) rated recruiting classes, losing the last 2 games to them, their invite to the B1G, beating WSU on the road, and hanging with PSU for 59 minutes has already done that. Yes I see them as a threat. One that I would like to see beaten to a bloody mess.
I don't know, I hate me some NC St, but then I always have. Difference is, NC St has done something in its past. Rutgers fans think they've done it all, when in fact...well, you know. Think of the dumpster fire thread as a public service announcement for the Girls' fans.