The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

The Annual Bubble Discussion Thread - 2021 Version

Trying to wrap my head around what happens if the bid stealer with the AQ is seeded below the AL play in games participants. Lunardi has Georgetown a 12 seed. Assume if Cincy pulls the upset they will be around the same. Did that escalate an AQ who was a 12-15 seed before up to a 10 and bounce one at large team to the PIG and another out of the tournament?
basically if cincy wins they are looking at last 12 seed which will move the highest ranked 12 seed to an 11 (winthrop for me) and of the rest of the 11 seeds(5) 1 will not have to play in while the other 4 at larges play each other

Can someone explain to me why we keep dropping on the bracket matrix? What

i don’t put a lot of value in the bracket matrix. Certain contributors sure. But they use anyone and many of their contributors are just joe blows like us.

Bracket Matrix has us at 11 which I think is exactly right
We are either 11 (last of first four bye) or 12 (first of first four in). There is only one team left to steal the auto-bid. It is Cincinnati. We are in the tournament. The question is if we will play one additional game. Personally I don't mind playing the additional game to warm up.

i don’t put a lot of value in the bracket matrix. Certain contributors sure. But they use anyone and many of their contributors are just joe blows like us.
the matrix is a good snapshot for an average person who wants to have an idea where we stand but its very subjective with all the amateurs who have there own sites

basically if cincy wins they are looking at last 12 seed which will move the highest ranked 12 seed to an 11 (winthrop for me) and of the rest of the 11 seeds(5) 1 will not have to play in while the other 4 at larges play each other
Yeah. Just treat a cincy or Oregon st or gtown stealing a bid like them being the winner of a lower conference.

They just push the play in game up the seed ladder.

If every Conf champ was a bid stealer the play in game could move all the way to the 8-9 seed lines.

the matrix is a good snapshot for an average person who wants to have an idea where we stand but its very subjective with all the amateurs who have there own sites
Does the bracket matrix get ranked the way individual entries do?

I assume that the whole wisdom of crowds things means the matrix should do pretty well.

and some of those amateurs, surely not all, have some biases toward their team and league.

Does the bracket matrix get ranked the way individual entries do?

I assume that the whole wisdom of crowds things means the matrix should do pretty well.
the matrix just combines are brackets into 1 location, i dont think it is ranked

Every year I think we are in we get left out and every year I don’t think we are in we make it.
I’m trying to convince myself we are left out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom