The Block and The Dunk...best picture out there. Need help | Syracusefan.com

The Block and The Dunk...best picture out there. Need help

poc44

Scout Team
I am trying to find the best picture of Hak's "The Block" out there for a framed piece I am working on. What are your favorites? I wanted to see what the boards thoughts were. Feel free to post them below. I also might be doing a piece on the "Ivey Dunk" what is your favorite one of those?

Thanks in advance

I am trying to find the best picture of Hak's "The Block" out there for a framed piece I am working on. What are your favorites? I wanted to see what the boards thoughts were. Feel free to post them below. I also might be doing a piece on the "Ivey Dunk" what is your favorite one of those?

Thanks in advance

The dunk was waved off due to the O foul, and the block sealed the deal, so I would go with the block. If you are talking all time Orange highlights, I would go with Wallace's 3 against Georgia, any action shot from Gerry's 41 pt game against BYU, Sherm between the legs outlet, about any DC dunk, Pearl buzzer beater, Devo on the scorers table or another shot from the 6 OT game, CJs facial on Monroe, etc, etc...

Not really... 1 of the weird times where the points counted, but it was an offensive foul as well.

I am remembering that correctly, right?

That's how I remember it.

This one is my favorite

a9e36fc065ead797165c5fcbb7e57f9e62954306_r.jpg

Not really... 1 of the weird times where the points counted, but it was an offensive foul as well.

I am remembering that correctly, right?

Yup. It's probably happened before, but Hak's dunk is the only time I've seen a dunk counted and a charge called. The restricted arc might make it practically impossible to see something like that again.

I can find good shots quick searching but the Hak elevator/helicopter dunk on Notre Dame and the Flynn dunk that almost blew the RAC apart and caused their coach to go ballistic stand out as well.

Youtube has a whole video of 'Cuse dunks. Some of Stevie's were awesome.

The dunk was waved off due to the O foul, and the block sealed the deal, so I would go with the block. If you are talking all time Orange highlights, I would go with Wallace's 3 against Georgia, any action shot from Gerry's 41 pt game against BYU, Sherm between the legs outlet, about any DC dunk, Pearl buzzer beater, Devo on the scorers table or another shot from the 6 OT game, CJs facial on Monroe, etc, etc...
it was a foul but the dunk did indeed count josh pace face in the background was priceless

One of my favorite dunks, I know it's Fab, but that game was such a pain in the butt (wouldn't know by the final score) and when he did that it pumped me up so much. I honestly thought that team was the best we've ever had, even been than the Onuaku team, ever better than our NC team. It just seemed like we were just amazing at every aspect of the game, offense, defense, bench, just everything clicked and we could dominate anybody that came onto the court against us. I expected to win every game when we were at full strength and did except for one. Probably my favorite full season as a Syracuse fan (obviously 2003 is my favorite ending).

edit: whoops wrong video, at least it wasn't Pron

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom