The Center position (College and Pro)... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Center position (College and Pro)...

No offense but I couldn't disagree with you more. You mentioned Dwight Howard isn't the best center in the league which provokes the question - who is the best center in the league? As for Dwight Howard - lol he has plenty of room in his trophy case for his next NBA championship.

That's the beauty of youtube in that at least you can go back and watch the greats of the past in action. KAJ would school Dwight Howard beyond belief. It would get ugly in a hurry. I like Tim Duncan a lot. Class player, champion and very fundamentally sound (hence the nickname the "Big Fundamental") but Duncan would be completely overwhelmed by somebody like Wilt or KAJ. I'm not one of those that thinks that old school is better than today's players. Generally that is not the case. Except for the center position. The greats back in the day dominated the action in ways that rarely happen today.

I disagree. The guys you've mentioned were pioneers, so I have a ton of respect for them, but footwork at the center position is lightyears ahead of what it was - as a whole - back in those days. Almost every player nowadays is copying the moves those guys had and improving upon them.

I disagree. The guys you've mentioned were pioneers, so I have a ton of respect for them, but footwork at the center position is lightyears ahead of what it was - as a whole - back in those days. Almost every player nowadays is copying the moves those guys had and improving upon them.

Then a good place to start would be copying KAJ's sky hook. Nobody in the NBA has anything close to that. Btw his footwork was fine and as previously pointed out he could actually make a FT.

Wilt would dominate. A healthy Walton was fun to watch on those Trailblazers teams.
Walton was the best basketball player of them all. He did EVERYTHING well. Others had certain skills which were more dominate, but overall, he was the best. Wilt IMO is the most dominant player ever. The numbers are just incredible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom