The Coaching Carousel begins... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Coaching Carousel begins...

I think Underwood is an awesome hire for Oklahoma State. I was wondering if he might hold out to see if his alma mater Kansas State opens up after next season. I'd be surprised if Weber lasts very much longer there. I wonder if Okla State added a specific buyout clause for the Kansas State job to make it pretty expensive for him to leave if it opens.

I think Underwood is an awesome hire for Oklahoma State. I was wondering if he might hold out to see if his alma mater Kansas State opens up after next season. I'd be surprised if Weber lasts very much longer there. I wonder if Okla State added a specific buyout clause for the Kansas State job to make it pretty expensive for him to leave if it opens.
T Boone Pickens $ > KSU

So it came down to a guy that just lead a team to an upset victory in the NCAA and a guy that was shipped out to Spokane to provide commentary on the games. I'd say they made a smart choice.
Somewhat similar to USC who hired Andy Enfield who was red hot after the NCAA's vs Mike Hopkins who was never a head coach. They took the known commodity. Note: I am not comparing Hop to Gottlieb. I would like to believe that Hop is going to be a much better HC than Gottlieb would be.

So it came down to a guy that just lead a team to an upset victory in the NCAA and a guy that was shipped out to Spokane to provide commentary on the games. I'd say they made a smart choice.
I like my tongue in cheek reason better.

Seeing as they hadn't made any tournament in ages, there was a shot that they'd retain him for another year.
yeah but the fanbase/boosters/alums were done with him a couple years ago - too much heat on the AD to get them relevant again in the ACC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom