the crane the crane | Page 153 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Since the camera is mounted on an SU building and is linked to an SU web site, I am pretty sure it is controlled by SU. I have composed the following letter for the powers that be to read and act on forthwith. Please make this happen within the next 7 days.

Dear people who control the SU live cameras,

We are big fans of your streams. Particularly the ones from Lawrinson and Link. We check them all the time. Awesome stuff.

We have several requests for you:

1) Can you please arrange for the camera on top of Link Hall to be replaced by one that is the same model as the one used at Lawrinson? We value the ability to go back up to 12 hours and review progress. Also, please aim it so the crown truss of the dome is featured and centered in the frame.

2) Can you please pull back the framing for the Lawrinson camera so we can see trucks arriving to deliver parts on Irving Ave, the storage area along Irving and the rest of the work area where Walt is located? As with the Link Hall camera, the frame should be centered so the crown truss is in the middle and we can see above it, as well as the areas already mentioned west of the dome.

3) Can you please add a third streaming camera near the top of Illick Hall and aim it towards the crown truss, or where the crown truss will be as it is installed on the south wall of the dome? Many of us are NYS tax payers and invoke our right to spend our money to make this happen. If you do this, we will all also hug a tree every year on Arbor Day. That should be sufficient to convince the good people at the SUNY Forestry school to get this camera in place on their building.

Sincerely,

The Craniacs

all we need is someone with an office around there to hook up their pc camera and just leave it streaming

My father has been in iron works (crane operator, welder, foreman etc) for 40 years (a Local Syracuse shop).

He has never worked on a project that didn’t go through the winter. Ever.

You are mistaken.

The boys dress for the cold and go out and get it done.

EDIT: Also I grew up around all these guys and they would tell me stories about how in the 80’s they would sit on a huge I beam that was being hoisted up by the crane so they could get to their spot on the building. No harness, no nothing.

I am terrified of heights, so I would always ask, what in the world would compel you? And they all had the same crazy answer... “because I like the rush” (or some other less appropriate thing to say to a 12 year old haha). These guys just have different DNA. I am happy there are people out there like that.
A project I was on in 2008 suffered a fatality because iron workers were not required to be harnessed. Apparently the guy was coming off a piece of steel and jumped to the wood plank walking surface of the scaffolding. It bounced and like off a diving board, he fell to his death.

Since the camera is mounted on an SU building and is linked to an SU web site, I am pretty sure it is controlled by SU. I have composed the following letter for the powers that be to read and act on forthwith. Please make this happen within the next 7 days.

We are big fans of your streams. Particularly the ones from Lawrinson and Link. We check them all the time. Awesome stuff.

1) Can you please arrange for the camera on top of Link Hall to be replaced by one that is the same model as the one used at Lawrinson? We value the ability to go back up to 12 hours and review progress. Also, please aim it so the crown truss of the dome is featured and centered in the frame.

2) Can you please pull back the framing for the Lawrinson camera so we can see trucks arriving to deliver parts on Irving Ave, the storage area along Irving and the rest of the work area where Walt is located? As with the Link Hall camera, the frame should be centered so the crown truss is in the middle and we can see above it, as well as the areas already mentioned west of the dome.

3) Can you please add a third streaming camera near the top of Illick Hall and aim it towards the crown truss, or where the crown truss will be as it is installed on the south wall of the dome? Many of us are NYS tax payers and invoke our right to spend our money to make this happen. If you do this, we will all also hug a tree every year on Arbor Day. That should be sufficient to convince the good people at the SUNY Forestry school to get this camera in place on their building.

Sincerely,

The Craniacs
Off the subject of the camera. In case you missed my conversation post, at the end of your posts you include a lot of great stuff about SU - please look at the total number of wins in consecutive seasons for basketball we have surpassed 49 and are now at 50. :)

sunset.jpg

I DMed them about that orange blob that is blocking the view of progress on the truss.

Sincerely,

The Craniacs

And once the university gives in to those demands, we can continuously expand them, and to things that have no relevance to the topic!

I am probably in the minority but I like the close-up view better. I like seeing the details of the structure more than seeing the cranes.

And once the university gives in to those demands, we can continuously expand them, and to things that have no relevance to the topic!
And we needed to tell them to speed up the roof cable removal. They blend in too much with the truss, especially when looking at the cam on a smaller screen. :)

I keep thinking of the inevitable. We’ve all put together a grill or something of the likes. These poor bastards will put up the last girder and the holes will be about 3/16 of an inch off, just enough or them not to be able to bolt it together.:p

I keep thinking of the inevitable. We’ve all put together a grill or something of the likes. These poor bastards will put up the last girder and the holes will be about 3/16 of an inch off, just enough or them not to be able to bolt it together.:p
The worst will be 1 or 2 bolts leftover and then trying to figure out where they go

Monday 3/30

49°Hi

Mostly cloudy with a couple of showers

Max UV Index: 1 Low

Wind: W at 10 mph

Wind Gusts: 15 mph

Probability of Precipitation: 65%

Probability of Thunderstorms: 20%

Precipitation: 0.16 in

Rain: 0.16 in

Snow: 0.0 in

Ice: 0.00 in

Hours of Precipitation: 2

Hours of Rain: 2

Thank God Miner is out of office at this point or she’d find a way to shut it down.
Just make it a sanctuary construction site.:)
TBH, I am not a fan of Andy, but I think he has been pretty good through all of this, and I am sure he would accommodate the Dome.