the crane the crane | Page 155 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

pretty sure there is still one girder at the bottom left and one spiral in the picture.. But who knows if that girder is the next one that can be used.

SU has really not done much to promote the project to the public, even with the trying times there has been little effort. a few hundred dollars on a camera could have shown the whole project from all sides.

• Walt is spinning...
  • They're appear to be removing the collars from the recently installed spirals on the South West corner.
  • Update: those collars are now gone.
Perhaps another spiral will go up? Again, no idea how many spirals and/or girders are available for installation.

Last edited:
1585662129769.png

Whitey’s working on removing a cable in the North East corner. That would leave 3 remaining cables in that corner.
I just noticed that the cable in question is finally gone.

they got 2 cranes working on something inside.. could be a couple cables on the southside are going or gone but we cant tell

pretty sure there is still one girder at the bottom left and one spiral in the picture.. But who knows if that girder is the next one that can be used.

SU has really not done much to promote the project to the public, even with the trying times there has been little effort. a few hundred dollars on a camera could have shown the whole project from all sides.

SU just doing its part to maintain "social distancing" in that regard. ;)

As mentioned a few weeks ago, even before this virus there was nothing. They should be hyping it as part of ticket sales. It would be that main theme in a sales pitch. “Be there when the new Dome is opened” kind of thing. And a rendering of what it will look like doesn’t exist either. The one we saw don’t count.

As mentioned a few weeks ago, even before this virus there was nothing. They should be hyping it as part of ticket sales. It would be that main theme in a sales pitch. “Be there when the new Dome is opened” kind of thing. And a rendering of what it will look like doesn’t exist either. The one we saw don’t count.

I’d imagine they’re NOT hyping it, because of the possibility (however small) that it’s not completed by Opening Day.

Which is worse?

A - to have ‘only’ 30-something thousand people there vs ‘Gate because they didn’t hype it as much as they could have?
or
B - to have 44k+ pissed off fans who bought tix, only to have the date &/or venue changed, because it wasn’t done?

My vote is B.

I also see the end of another spiral in Walt's yard. Probably to finish the arrowhead in the southwest corner. Looks like they are removing collars on the spirals on the east side. Plus more old cables disappearing from the rim. Busy day.

that would probably mean some deliverys have happened that we cant see since there is still at least 1 more spiral under walt.

Its a spiral
Sorry - I meant spiral - I was just so excited that I could see something happening. I'm not sure my brain is functioning properly anymore with the lack of stimulation in my life! Family game night and taking dogs for walks is not cutting it. Anyway- glad to see some progress in our small field of vision (Come on, Pete)

I cant believe not one person on this board has a contract with the CP team at SU.

Sorry - I meant spiral - I was just so excited that I could see something happening. I'm not sure my brain is functioning properly anymore with the lack of stimulation in my life! Family game night and taking dogs for walks is not cutting it. Anyway- glad to see some progress in our small field of vision (Come on, Pete)

Lots of activity inside the bowl taking down cables today.

I’d imagine they’re NOT hyping it, because of the possibility (however small) that it’s not completed by Opening Day.

Which is worse?

A - to have ‘only’ 30-something thousand people there vs ‘Gate because they didn’t hype it as much as they could have?
or
B - to have 44k+ pissed off fans who bought tix, only to have the date &/or venue changed, because it wasn’t done?

My vote is B.
When did physical construction have to be hyped. Believe it or not this slow nuts and bolts construction is boring to most people. When things start taking shape and becoming close to be completed there will be so many stories to promote the newness of the Dome. Most people just say show it to me when its done so I can see it completed. You can't get excited for something they can't even see yet.

Yes, it looks like one of the Big “Montreal “ semis on forestry. Looks like our steel is still coming down. I think :)

Yes, it looks like one of the Big “Montreal “ semis on forestry. Looks like our steel is still coming down. I think :)
On the west side, they have to do the other diagonal support for the arrowhead they have been working on, then they can put up a vertical and then a girder. On the east side, the next step is to put up a vertical spiral, then a girder. Then 2 diagonals.

It looks like the east side group is slowly narrowing the gap in the Great Crown Truss Completion Race.

It's Still LUNCHTIME! We have new product delivered just tuned in and I see a Montreal tractor and trailer parked on Forestry. Don't know if the load was spirals or girder but since it's here we're better off without it. I see the LC still frozen on each edge of the Dome giving us no view of the main yard so we can't see loads coming in Walt's hook ups, etc., etc., but at least we are continuing to erect the crown truss and that's all good!

And, almost forgot, although it's been mentioned in a previous post - the cross cables are disappearing. Looks like six more and they're gone. Looking better by the day.