the crane the crane | Page 154 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Hard to tell with the new view but it looks pretty quiet so far. Hopefully at least a spiral or two can go up today.

My over/under on the (Final) keystone girder is April 20th.

The existing cables I hope will be gone within 10 days

Whitey’s working on removing a cable in the North East corner. That would leave 3 remaining cables in that corner.

The roof came down two weeks ago today, yet most of the cables are still connected. Didn’t Sala say the cables would be down within a week? I doubt they’re down by the end of this week. At this pace, I can’t imagine they complete this project on time. Once the roof gets completed, it’s going to take quite a bit of time to install lighting and the scoreboard and you still have to dismantle all the ribbon boards, the suites and reinstall all the seats and turf.

The roof came down two weeks ago today, yet most of the cables are still connected. Didn’t Sala say the cables would be down within a week? I doubt they’re down by the end of this week. At this pace, I can’t imagine they complete this project on time. Once the roof gets completed, it’s going to take quite a bit of time to install lighting and the scoreboard and you still have to dismantle all the ribbon boards, the suites and reinstall all the seats and turf.
They can't put the new roof on until the crown truss is completed, so what's the rush in removing all the old cables? Why are you getting worried about it if Sala isn't worried about it and keeps saying it's on schedule?

792336D9-6056-45B3-A7DE-F1924F730F67.jpeg

we can have games without boards, the seats can be put back in at any time and with a completely different crew if they want. There are a lot of things beyond the scope of the project control right now.

They can't put the new roof on until the crown truss is completed, so what's the rush in removing all the old cables? Why are you getting worried about it if Sala isn't worried about it and keeps saying it's on schedule?
Once the old cables are down, they can start to install the new cables. I’m sure it’s complicated and doesn’t happen in a couple of weeks. Supplies may also become an issue. In the past couple of weeks I’ve ordered things on line, only to be informed a couple of days later that shipping is no linger possible and was reimbursed for all costs.

10:35 a big flatbed just drove inside. Must be picking some kind of load from inside. Maybe old cables?

New cables will be attached to the truss so they can't install then until the truss is complete.
I don’t think that’s true. I believe they will be laid out on the ground before they are connected. I saw a video showing this being done on another truss system. I could be wrong so don’t quote me on it. It will be interesting to see how the cables are connected to the roof. Are they small panels and how are they sealed?

I don’t think that’s true. I believe they will be laid out on the ground before they are connected. I saw a video showing this being done on another truss system. I could be wrong so don’t quote me on it. It will be interesting to see how the cables are connected to the roof. Are they small panels and how are they sealed?
Laying them on the ground is not "installed"

But laying them out weeks before they are ready to be installed seems unnecessary and would restrict the use of machinery inside the dome. They would just be underfoot and a hazard along with a risk of them getting damaged.

So is this project on hold? I see no activity.

The crane has moved today.

It looks like the end of a spiral is just sticking into the video frame, hopefully it is getting collar and will get sent up today.

So is this project on hold? I see no activity.
Technically not on hold but I think we may lack spirals and girders to do much on truss. Shipments from Canada delayed?

I see there has been no change in the crop of the LC on the Dome. This is a BIG ONE Pete, just say go to the camera on Lawrinson and make the camera's frame less tight, maybe show whomever is going to run up an example and then just do it. I guess Pete's just too damn busy to listen to a bunch of Craniacs???? :rolleyes:

Afternoon / Not a really bad day wind is tolerable.
3/30

51°

Showers

Wind: W at 10 mph

Wind Gusts: 16 mph

Humidity: 74%

Dew Point: 40° F

Cloud Cover: 96%

Visibility: 9 mi

Probability of Precipitation: 61%

Precipitation: 0.09 in

Rain: 0.09 in

Snow: 0.0 in

Ice: 0.00 in

3/31 Tomorrow - Not bad, not bad - let's go! You would think with his proactive persona that PS would update us more frequently on the status of work. If there is a delay due to product coming in from Montreal let us know. but we haven't heard peep. Not a frequent communicator, Mr. Sala. But I am just an impatient want to know the information yesterday Craniac and can't help myself.

49°

Cloudy

Wind: E at 8 mph

Wind Gusts: 12 mph

Humidity: 60%

Dew Point: 34° F

Cloud Cover: 95%

Visibility: 10 mi

Probability of Precipitation: 25%

Precipitation: 0.00 in

Rain: 0.00 in

Snow: 0.0 in

Ice: 0.00 in

Without the view of Walt's yard, we have no idea of what supplies are there. I think their is at least one spiral, but who knows what else is there.

Without the view of Walt's yard, we have no idea of what supplies are there. I think their is at least one spiral, but who knows what else is there.
By my count, At most one spiral available, the others were put up last week, girders were all used last week, if nothing was delivered today there is not much left on site. Border closure, and work order stoppage in Canada could be a problem, but I do not know for sure. I do know nothing much happened on the truss today.