the crane the crane | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

The busy little forklifts have know begun to drop their little white bundles into the parking lot on the other side of Forestry starting by the girder presumably to leave room for the trailers that will be picking up more turf in the other lot? Man, that is a lot of bags of rubber pellets.

I wonder if the drivers of the little forkies get mileage re- imbursement for the time spent removing all those pellets? I needed to laugh orangecuse and you just provided that!

Can they lay back down the same turf when the project is complete or does new turf have to be brought in and stitched together?

I noticed earlier that there is through the live cam the butt end of a trailer parallel parked to the fencing on Irving but due to the camera's angle I can't tell what it's carrying - kind of a half ass view from here.

Wouldn’t you just love to be dangling in a basket/bucket under the control of Walt?

They appear to possibly be doing inspections of the current spiral(s) or preparing for the upcoming additions. Hopefully, tomorrow?

Don’t forget that the internal removal work may be preventing struss installation work.

Wouldn’t you just love to be dangling in a basket/bucket under the control of Walt?

They appear to possibly be doing inspections of the current spiral(s) or preparing for the upcoming additions. Hopefully, tomorrow?

Don’t forget that the internal removal work may be preventing struss installation work.
I don't think I'd mind being up in that bucket under the ops control - it seems he can lower it by an inch or 3/8" an hour - he's very, very good - that's why he's in control of Walt. Hopefully we get more spirals and another girder tomorrow!

The white cranes boom is fully extended. Don't know what the op is doing, maybe helping the boys up there working on a spiral. Question of the day: are they working on and accomplishing on the steel spiral? Anyone have any idea?
I am on vacation and was not watching, but last I knew, the last two spirals that were last installed still had their collars and cables attached. This was the case all weekend long. Once they attach the girder and the supporting cables it has to the back stays, the spiral collar and cables that held it in place so the box girder can be attached are no longer needed, and can be removed. I think that is what was done today.

I don’t think that a new spiral and box girder have been attached today but I wasn’t watching, can’t confirm anything through the fog and I could be wrong on that. I definitely do not see a missing box girder or spiral that was sitting in the Irving Ave storage area and it looks like they are still only one box girder installled beyond the corner diagonal wall.

They did get a spiral up a little today, enough to attach the collar and cables for it. I assume it is going up tomorrow. Hopefully that box girder in the back with the hand railings on it will also go up then.

I am on vacation and was not watching, but last I knew, the last two spirals that were last installed still had their collars and cables attached. This was the case all weekend long. Once they attach the girder and the supporting cables it has to the back stays, the spiral collar and cables that held it in place so the box girder can be attached are no longer needed, and can be removed. I think that is what was done today.

I don’t think that a new spiral and box girder have been attached today but I wasn’t watching, can’t confirm anything through the fog and I could be wrong on that. I definitely do not see a missing box girder or spiral that was sitting in the Irving Ave storage area and it looks like they are still only one box girder installled beyond the corner diagonal wall.

They did get a spiral up a little today, enough to attach the collar and cables for it. I assume it is going up tomorrow. Hopefully that box girder in the back with the hand railings on it will also go up then.
Craniacs get vacation????

Well let's see - it's 4:30P.M. and everything has emptied out except five - six crew that I can see who keep, it seems, wandering around the main yard. Walt's hoist line has been removed from the red carrier. Almost done for the day.

They're going to put the original turf back in. Also going to use the old rubberized basketball court.
Some Bozo in NJ would be all over that.

1583327208322.png

I wonder what they doing with the lumber? In the far sections they are clearly framing something up.

I expect some likes for this cuz I know you’re dying to see it.
View attachment 177520
Wow, this is kind of shocking and hard to process. Like Dolly Parton with no makeup. Looks like almost all of the benches are gone now, except some rows on the first level. Looks like it was a big priority to protect the ribbon scoreboards and the private boxes. I think they are replacing the scoreboards in the end zones, which probably explains why the one is not covered.

What are the frame looking things on the bottom rows of the first level?

Maybe after the benches are detached from the mounting screws on the floor, they slide them down to the bottom on them? No idea.

It looks like they have been very busy since the weekend,

What’s the plan for the seating? They’re upgrading the benches ?

Wow, this is kind of shocking and hard to process. Like Dolly Parton with no makeup. Looks like almost all of the benches are gone now, except some rows on the first level. Looks like it was a big priority to protect the ribbon scoreboards and the private boxes. I think they are replacing the scoreboards in the end zones, which probably explains why the one is not covered.

What are the frame looking things on the bottom rows of the first level?

Maybe after the benches are detached from the mounting screws on the floor, they slide them down to the bottom on them? No idea.

It looks like they have been very busy since the weekend,
There's lumber all around the perimeter, some assembled like a wall and some just piled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom