the crane the crane | Page 157 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

When do you think the crown truss will be completed? I say next Monday at 8 a.m.

When do you think the crown truss will be completed? I say next Monday at 8 a.m.
I mean we all know that last girder is going up and it’s going to be a tad “off” right?

I wonder if SU is exploring the possibility of carrying on with construction straight through to completion. If we have no football or basketball next year or if we play the games with no crowed eliminating any home field/court advantage. Maybe it’s not such a big deal to have all away games for one year and just get the Dome done.

I mean we all know that last girder is going up and it’s going to be a tad “off” right?

This is the reason I was not placed in charge of assembling it.

1585743295446.png

More work being done on the old cables
It seems the last step before putting up a new vertical spiral is to remove the collars for the last spirals added. They are doing that now. Hopefully we see a new vertical spiral go up before lunch on the west side. That could position them to put up a girder on that side before the end of the day.

Things don't seem as far along on the east side, where the collars for the newest spirals are still in place.

Looks like steady progress is being made on the removal of the support cables for the old roof. The crew is doing well.

Looks like the Syracuse athletics twitter just sent something about the Camera. Maybe someone should tweet them about the corrections you guys want.

Syracuse, N.Y. — Syracuse University is moving ahead with replacement of the famed air-supported roof on the Carrier Dome, saying the project is exempt from Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s order halting all but essential construction in the state.

University spokesperson Sarah Scalese said a professional engineer engaged by the project’s general contractor determined it would be unsafe to stop work on the partially completed steel structure that will support the new roof...

SU is using an exception in Cuomo’s latest order to continue construction. Under guidelines his office issued in conjunction with the order, “emergency” construction can continue. It describes “emergency” construction to include the completion of a building that would be “unsafe” to leave in an unfinished condition. It is that provision that SU is using to continue building.

Heading to Adam's facility I bet
It looks like they are cutting the cables for the old roof into relatively short, manageable lengths and shipping them out. Looks like whatever they are using to cut those huge cables is really good at cutting. They go through them like a knife through butter.

Ha, I mean do all of the phases at once instead of breaking it up over 3 years.
The goal is to avoid disruption of the game schedules so I think there is no doubt they will continue with that plan. In addition, there are money considerations.

What. $5B. That’s just absurd.

the project is welll over $9b right now which is even crazier. Think the LA times posted something about how far over budget they are and when it’s all said and done it was going to be about $10-11 billion

I wonder if SU is exploring the possibility of carrying on with construction straight through to completion. If we have no football or basketball next year or if we play the games with no crowed eliminating any home field/court advantage. Maybe it’s not such a big deal to have all away games for one year and just get the Dome done.
I know university budget management is different than other businesses in some way, but I’ve gotta think cost savings/deferment are more likely than immediate outlay of everything at once. Every business is dropping whatever capital projects they can right now. We’re already rolling on this phase so no choice, but I image future phases could be adjusted in timing and scope.

It looks like they are cutting the cables for the old roof into relatively short, manageable lengths and shipping them out. Looks like whatever they are using to cut those huge cables is really good at cutting. They go through them like a knife through butter.
Sean Edinger and his bare fists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom