the football program has been sitting on the bottom of the barrel--- | Syracusefan.com

the football program has been sitting on the bottom of the barrel---

CaliCuse

All American
since GROB shot us in the head with his presence. He can't be blamed any longer so someone needs to step up and reverse this failure. I like Shafer and his ability to recruit.Bringing in new players isn't near enough they must be coach properly to get them in winning situations.At this point I would question a few coaches about what and how they are teaching i.e. coaching.I'll start with the secondary and then the OL. One kind of running play that is always a failure is when the ball carrier behind the LOS runs parallel to the LOS. There will be defenders breaking through every time to make the tackle for at best no gain. Otherwise its down for a loss. It doesn't matter who is carrying the ball. Dungey or a RB. Our WRs can't shed coverage except for the occasional short yardage play. Ishmael is our best WR with hands and speed and how often does he go deep with Lester's calls. Of course whether the OL gives our QB a chance to drop back and find a WR down field is another problem. The long ball to Estime was fine but the only significant big play for the Orange.Dungey got a big lesson in coverage at the expense of the loss. It wasn't all his fault if fault is to be used at all for players. Maybe it is time for a change. Next week against Clemson ought to be interesting with attendance. If this team were viable the game should be a sellout. We know it won't be.Its getting real old to watch and attend games that show like this last one.we wait for basketball so that MAYBE we can get a little happy about paying money and time to watch the Orange. WhoTF knows what lacrosse will give usWe lost a ton of great players that DID NOT win a NC.BTW Gross was a waste the minute he set foot on campus. Yes he put us into the ACC which gives us more$ but that $ isn't being used to bring in top assistants or even a head coach. Maybe Coyle has a plan but we probably won't see it anytime soon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom