The Henry Schoonmaker thread ... doubtful for Hobart | Syracusefan.com

The Henry Schoonmaker thread ... doubtful for Hobart

Interesting, seemed to look good to be honest in the second half timeouts but with such a quick turnaround not really surprising that there going to sit him. His absence does hurt the offense from a shooting standpoint, he was out best outside shooter. If I was Desko I would bump Barber, he has the ability to shoot from outside can bring a similar game as Henry. Really hope Schoonie can play next Fri in the ACC tournament would hate this be a multiple week thing.

Liked what I saw from Lecky in the 4th quarter, really hoping the lightbulb may have FINALLY gone off.

Barber may be needed to sub for Staats on the attack line.

During the UNC game, we moved Evans up, and the 2nd line became Weston, Salcido, and Simmons.

Barber may be need to sub for Staats on the attack line.

During the UNC game, we moved Evans up, and the 2nd line became Weston, Salcido, and Simmons.

Ya that would work tom Evans looked much better moving with and without the ball. I expect Staats to play a lot Tuesday barring a reinjury. I like Simmons a lot though kid has a bright future.

Interesting, seemed to look good to be honest in the second half timeouts but with such a quick turnaround not really surprising that there going to sit him. His absence does hurt the offense from a shooting standpoint, he was out best outside shooter. If I was Desko I would bump Barber, he has the ability to shoot from outside can bring a similar game as Henry. Really hope Schoonie can play next Fri in the ACC tournament would hate this be a multiple week thing.

Liked what I saw from Lecky in the 4th quarter, really hoping the lightbulb may have FINALLY gone off.
Not sure bud, we've sang that song a lot. I actually got slammed for saying that same thing a few weeks ago on laxpower. Kid just can't seem to convert with the fantastic looks he gets. He is virtually unstoppable on the ground, but his shot is very suspect.

Not sure bud, we've sang that song a lot. I actually got slammed for saying that same thing a few weeks ago on laxpower. Kid just can't seem to convert with the fantastic looks he gets. He is virtually unstoppable on the ground, but his shot is very suspect.

Agreed I have been pretty down on Lecky this year but I saw some things on Saturday I hadn't seem from him all year and despite the fact that he yet again put a couple of great looks no where near the cage, he did have a couple dodge stop redodge looks that were great. Now UNC did decide to short stick him which maybe why he was more agressive. Not sure many teams will do that again especially after Galasso had a big game. To bad about Schoonmaker, finally get the Starting O back together and now he goes down, though it at least appears to be minor. Really would like to see Barber and Evans rotating that spot, I think both could really excel on the first line.

Last edited:
Agreed I have been pretty down on Lecky this year but I saw some things on Saturday I hadn't seem from him all year and despite the fact that he yet again put a couple of great looks no where near the cage, he did have a couple dodge stop redodge looks that were great. Now UNC did decide to short stick him which maybe why he was more agressive. Not sure many teams will do that again especially after Galasso had a big game. To bad about Schoonmaker, finally get the Starting O back together and now he goes down, though it at least appears to be minor. Really would like to see Barber and Evans rotating that spot, I think both could really excel on the first line.

I still think Evans has not completely healed from his lower body injury. He does not seem to have the footspeed for midfield. For some reason, I think that Tim Barber is going to be that player who really steps up his game in the playoffs. In the past, we always seemed to get a lot of productivity from an unexpected source when we have deep May tournament runs.

Lecky sometimes is rewarded with a high shot. I have always felt that if he were to shoot low he would have a lot more success. He does a lot of stick side high catch with the goalie shots or out of control blasts over the net. It is very frustrating. He is a two year captain and a leader. So he must bring that chemistry to the team.

Lecky also picked up the game later in life so hard to fault his accuracy. There is something to developing stick skills throughout your life. If you look at the elite shooters and players they all seem to still come from the traditional hotbeds where they have been developing a stick throughout their lives. I know that Kyle Thompson is quick but his stick is so nasty. You just don't get to be that proficient without a lot of practice. Some is god given talent but some of it is working on your skills in pick up games on the reservation. Dylan Donahue was one of those guys who also seems to work on his game and refine his stick and accuracy. The great scorers seem to have that accuracy and grace under fire. They sort of know how much time they have to shoot or shoot quick when needed. I can't really describe it but you know when scorers have that ability. Lecky seems a bit forced to me. sometimes he looks absolutely in tune. It is sad to say that I wish we had a 6th year player :) for another year but it seems like he has shown marked improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom