The Last Dance | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

The Last Dance

ESPN!! QUICK!!! SQUASH THIS!!

How dare anyone say anything against the Fatherland and this propaganda piece.

Next thing you know, the Clinton Foundation will get involved and well, we all know what happens to that pizza guy next...

So, Utah pizza by and large is pretty crappy. Not surprised if the pizza wasn't good, also not surprised that it came from Pizza Hut.

I love how he starts with adamantly denying he's a snitch, then proceeds to talk trash for the next four paragraphs.

Phil being the leak, or at least one of them, among doing some other stuff, basically got off scot-free in the doc.

That is my biggest gripe. They should have dug into Phil more. He caused a lot of issues and they never dig into him like they do with the others.

Phil being the leak, or at least one of them, among doing some other stuff, basically got off scot-free in the doc.

That is my biggest gripe. They should have dug into Phil more. He caused a lot of issues and they never dig into him like they do with the others.
Horace Grant was one of the leaks.
Phil and Tex Winter were rumored as well.

I read Craig Hodges is strongly believed to be one of the sources as well.

Phil leaked info about Kobe and Shaq's turbulent relationship to Sam Smith when he was in LA. He was always in the middle of the drama. I 100% believe it was him. I am sure MJ is loyal to Phil so he would never throw him under the bus.

Last edited:
MJ in red for sure.

But also had (and still have most)...
Shaq in Magic black.
KG in Twolves blue.
LJ in Hornets teal.
Kemp in Sonics green.
Kenny Anderson in Nets blue.
Jordan in Bulls black.
Jordan in Bulls white.
Rodman in Bulls red.
Pippen in Bulls black.
Admiral in Spurs white.
Big Dog in Bucks purple.
Chris Jackson in Nuggets blue.
Hershey Hawkins in Sixers red.

A few were my brothers. We had a Champion outlet a couple hours away and would buy whatever ones they had at the time.
Yeah but if they were from the Champion outlet the names might have been spelled wrong. I use to love going through their racks to find a deal.

Sam Smith covered the Bulls pretty extensively, no? The idea that one guy was the "leak" for a book like that is pretty hard to fathom to me, the guy who has written exactly 0 books and doesn't know how it works. But come on.

Still hate that guy.

My only real problem with the doc, is that I realized due to growing up a Knicks fan in the 90s, I basically hate all of these guys

Horace Grant was one of the leaks.
Phil and Tex Winter were rumored as well.

I read Craig Hodges is strongly believed to be one of the sources as well.

Phil also was a master manipulator of the press and controlling stories.

Anyone ever hear of the stuff with his mistress and wife and him sending the wrong package to the wrong woman and having to live in a hotel? Infidelity isn’t a career-killer, but no one was covering that like they were the other stories, and that’s just one example.

Phil wanted out. He knew he had helped make a villain in Krause, and Reinsdorf wasn’t going to stick his neck out. Not saying Krause doesn’t deserve scorn (he absolutely did).

This zen-master, hippie guy is partially true, but the dude is a stone-cold killer when he wants to achieve something. Prob why he was so good coaching superstars.

Phil also was a master manipulator of the press and controlling stories.

Anyone ever hear of the stuff with his mistress and wife and him sending the wrong package to the wrong woman and having to live in a hotel? Infidelity isn’t a career-killer, but no one was covering that like they were the other stories, and that’s just one example.

Phil wanted out. He knew he had helped make a villain in Krause, and Reinsdorf wasn’t going to stick his neck out. Not saying Krause doesn’t deserve scorn (he absolutely did).

This zen-master, hippie guy is partially true, but the dude is a stone-cold killer when he wants to achieve something. Prob why he was so good coaching superstars.
Krause was a good GM who is like the guy who needs to be validated even though he is doing a great job.

Krause drafted Pippen, Grant, found Phil Jackson and did a good job finding talent.

His problem was the Napoleon complex. Michael Jordan was why the organization won if he understood that Jordan wouldn’t have bullied him that hard.

Krause did what Reinsdorf wanted done with the ending. Krause put his foot in the mouth saying this was Jackson’s last season before the season. If he stays quiet he doesn’t get killed publicly but saying the team could go 82-0 and he wasn’t coming back.

That kills Krause in the court of public opinion.
Phil clearly wanted out and was thinking too two steps seeing the Lakers with Shaq were a possibility. That was before Kobe was Kobe.
Phil came off really good in this documentary but that stuff with the marriage was so true.

Remember Krause was the moron who invited the entire coaching staff sans Phil Jackson to his daughter’s wedding and Bill Cartwright’s wife asking Phil’s wife what she was wearing and her finding out she wasn’t invited. Krause made himself the villain.

Reinsdorf admited the team fell apart because he didn’t want to pay the aging players more than their value. When if Reinsdorf was smart with the lockout could have paid the guys in a prorated 50 game season and given Pippen his money 5yrs-80 million and then traded Pippen after the year if he felt he wasn’t worth it and gotten him moved.

Instead Reinsdorf went cheap and the team went 5 years as pure garbage.

Phil Jackson being a phony kinda got ignored. Which I Understand as he was just the coach in Chicago. When he went to LA he became more outspoken and Hollywood publicly. In Chicago he wasn’t discussed that much.

They kind of outed him as being a druggie.

Krause was a good GM who is like the guy who needs to be validated even though he is doing a great job.

Krause drafted Pippen, Grant, found Phil Jackson and did a good job finding talent.

His problem was the Napoleon complex. Michael Jordan was why the organization won if he understood that Jordan wouldn’t have bullied him that hard.

Krause did what Reinsdorf wanted done with the ending. Krause put his foot in the mouth saying this was Jackson’s last season before the season. If he stays quiet he doesn’t get killed publicly but saying the team could go 82-0 and he wasn’t coming back.

That kills Krause in the court of public opinion.
Phil clearly wanted out and was thinking too two steps seeing the Lakers with Shaq were a possibility. That was before Kobe was Kobe.
Phil came off really good in this documentary but that stuff with the marriage was so true.

Remember Krause was the moron who invited the entire coaching staff sans Phil Jackson to his daughter’s wedding and Bill Cartwright’s wife asking Phil’s wife what she was wearing and her finding out she wasn’t invited. Krause made himself the villain.

Reinsdorf admited the team fell apart because he didn’t want to pay the aging players more than their value. When if Reinsdorf was smart with the lockout could have paid the guys in a prorated 50 game season and given Pippen his money 5yrs-80 million and then traded Pippen after the year if he felt he wasn’t worth it and gotten him moved.

Instead Reinsdorf went cheap and the team went 5 years as pure garbage.

Phil Jackson being a phony kinda got ignored. Which I Understand as he was just the coach in Chicago. When he went to LA he became more outspoken and Hollywood publicly. In Chicago he wasn’t discussed that much.
Rosen is and has always been his lacky.

I wouldn't say Phil was exactly "outed" for doing pot and acid

Yeah, he wrote about drug use in his book, but I guess that is the one thing they did touch on.

Dude had a lot more warts though. Again, not judging, he did what he had to do. But he was pretty slimy.

It's why I still consider Pop a better coach than Phil.

Yeah, he wrote about drug use in his book, but I guess that is the one thing they did touch on.

Dude had a lot more warts though. Again, not judging, he did what he had to do. But he was pretty slimy.

It's why I still consider Pop a better coach than Phil.
I think Phil Jackson Chicago coach 1990-1998 was on par with Pop as a coach.
He was really good with the Bulls:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom