The Last Dance | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

The Last Dance

That is too low.

The Bird-MJ scene at the game 7 was worth another 5%.

That scene was amazing and a top 10 player knew to take that and not be upset.

Jordan’s GOAT is confirmed and LeBron isn’t even close. He is a top 5 player alltime hell you can say 2nd alltime but isn’t even close to Jordan.

It’s kinda telling Jordan okayed this documentary after LeBron beat the Warriors. He doesn’t care for LeBron like he did Kobe.

Not sure I follow; Jordan being the GOAT is confirmed after a documentary that he had final edit on was released? I also think you can read Jordan giving the ok to the doc after the 16 finals in a slightly different way re: his feelings on Kobe vs Lebron. He thinks Lebron might be better than him and wants to control the narrative more.

(To be clear, I loved the whole doc).

Interesting point i saw on Twitter; would Pippen have been able to give it a go in a potential game 7 if the Bulls hadn't won game 6?

Not sure I follow; Jordan being the GOAT is confirmed after a documentary that he had final edit on was released? I also think you can read Jordan giving the ok to the doc after the 16 finals in a slightly different way re: his feelings on Kobe vs Lebron. He thinks Lebron might be better than him and wants to control the narrative more.

(To be clear, I loved the whole doc).

Interesting point i saw on Twitter; would Pippen have been able to give it a go in a potential game 7 if the Bulls hadn't won game 6?
The documentary told the stories that only diehards knew about Jordan’s competitive streak. Literally the stuff was out of Simmons book on Basketball as it pertained to Jordan.

Jordan okayed this documentary after LeBron beat the Warriors in 2016.
Jordan didn’t want the narrative that LeBron could possibly be the GOAT to be anything more than just his fans trying to make that argument.

This documentary shows that the debate is pointless LeBron is a great player but not better than Jordan.

Watching that game 6 1998 live I remember Doug Collins or Ahmad Rashad not sure which since either was obviously fed stuff from MJ that Scottie Pippen was really hurt with the back injury and was just a decoy out there for the team gutting thru the pain. I think Pippen was hurt early in the game and came back just to be a decoy.

I think he guts it thru a potential game 7 as a decoy but Kukoc plays a lot more with Rodman as the Forwards.

The problem for those Bulls teams were that they needed Kukoc’s offense and Rodman’s defense on Malone but really couldn’t play both together unless Utah played Antonie Carr for Ostertag.

Utah playing big forced the Bulls to play
Jordan- Harper/Kerr- Rodman/Kukoc- Pippen- Longley/Wennington.

The Bulls best lineup was Rodman at C with Pippen/Kukoc/Jordan/Harper

Can someone explain why if Scottie Pippen wanted to remain with the Bulls in 1999 and pursue a 7th ring he couldn’t sign a 5 year 79 million dollar contract and would have had to take a 1 year 14 million dollar contract?

Was it because Reinsdorf wouldn’t give him that? He could have easily traded Pippen after the 1999 season like Houston did.
Such a stupid owner if it was just because of that.

Can someone explain why if Scottie Pippen wanted to remain with the Bulls in 1999 and pursue a 7th ring he couldn’t sign a 5 year 79 million dollar contract and would have had to take a 1 year 14 million dollar contract?

Was it because Reinsdorf wouldn’t give him that? He could have easily traded Pippen after the 1999 season like Houston did.
Such a stupid owner if it was just because of that.

They ended up doing a sign and trade to Houston, so they definitely under the rules of the cap could've offered him more than a year?

Sure, Mike.

I'd expect every (well most) former players to feel the exact same way. Barkley was correct when he said you need an ego and competitive nature to be an NBA player, that doesn't switch off when they retire.

I just struggle with the idea that somehow a documentary that Jordan essentially produced is somehow the final word on who a better basketball player is. That's all.
i agree, this was a promotional video.

this is something that will last long in chicago and the rest of the country has likely already deleted it from their dvr's.

i just deleted them as i went along.

up next...a documentary on the current patsy dynasty and we are going to give final say to Kraft, Bill & tommyboy and skip the Giants losses, the coaching debacles by seattle & atlanta and spygate, deflategate and hernandez.

cant wait...

Does anyone else not buy the pizza food poison angle? And believe he went to Vegas for the night and was hungover?

Does anyone else not buy the pizza food poison angle? And believe he went to Vegas for the night and was hungover?

If Michael Jordan was in Las Vegas the night before a finals game there's no way it would be a secret. Look what happened in 93 when he went to AC

If Michael Jordan was in Las Vegas the night before a finals game there's no way it would be a secret. Look what happened in 93 when he went to AC

Yup. And Mike was hyper competitive and battling for a 5th title in a close, hard fought series. Based on everything we know about him, I don’t think he’d be out drinking to the point of a hangover the night before a finals game.

Could have paid people off. If he did it in between playoff games once why not do it again?

Could have paid people off. If he did it in between playoff games once why not do it again?

He literally did the exact same thing in 93 and the whole world knew about it!!!

Yup. And Mike was hyper competitive and battling for a 5th title in a close, hard fought series. Based on everything we know about him, I don’t think he’d be out drinking to the point of a hangover the night before a finals game.

A hangover really doesnt make sense, for what you said. Him staying out late and gambling? Sure, based on what I've read, the dude never slept. But he was, literally, one of the most famous people in the world in 1998. I just don't see how he could've done something like that and had it not reported. (Due in large part to, again, the fact that he had previously done the very same thing and it was reported)

He literally did the exact same thing in 93 and the whole world knew about it!!!

A hangover really doesnt make sense, for what you said. Him staying out late and gambling? Sure, based on what I've read, the dude never slept. But he was, literally, one of the most famous people in the world in 1998. I just don't see how he could've done something like that and had it not reported. (Due in large part to, again, the fact that he had previously done the very same thing and it was reported)
It makes complete sense it was food poisoning.
The guy could get shot up with legal steroids which people can get where your symptoms can be medically delayed for a few hours of time and you can do difficult tasks.

I am sure Jordan probably had food poisoning as if it was just a hangover he could have taken IVs all day long and would have been fine by game time and if he had the Flu it wouldn’t have just come and gone in 48 hours.
The Flu stays with a person for a week it may not be bad for a week but it just wouldn’t affect him for one game.

While food poisoning lasts for 2 days typically and by game 6 he appeared fine.

Jordan having food poisoning makes sense. I am more surprised the Bulls didn’t have a traveling private chef like these teams have now.

i agree, this was a promotional video.

this is something that will last long in chicago and the rest of the country has likely already deleted it from their dvr's.

i just deleted them as i went along.

up next...a documentary on the current patsy dynasty and we are going to give final say to Kraft, Bill & tommyboy and skip the Giants losses, the coaching debacles by seattle & atlanta and spygate, deflategate and hernandez.

cant wait...
Don't worry.

We'll still get the Lebron documentary where they skip the part of him getting schooled by JJ Barea and geriatric versions of Dirk and Jason Kidd. ;)

Don't worry.

We'll still get the Lebron documentary where they skip the part of him getting schooled by JJ Barea and geriatric versions of Dirk and Jason Kidd. ;)
LeBron’s documentary won’t get the same interest.
The stories of Jordan are part of his Mystique. Jordan taking everything personal was part of his drive.

I don’t think a LeBron documentary or Warriors documentary will have the same interest.

Duncan is too boring and private for one.
The Lakers would be more interesting but Kobe passed away.

While Jordan controlled the tone of this documentary the producer didn’t stay away from all his Controversies .

LeBron I give credit has done things the right way but he is way more polarizing than MJ. I get Knicks fans not loving MJ though.

Is there really going to be an ESPN 2 HOUR movie on Game 6 of the '98 Finals? Holy overkill.

The stories of Jordan are part of his Mystique. Jordan taking everything personal was part of his drive.

I don’t think a LeBron documentary or Warriors documentary will have the same interest.

While Jordan controlled the tone of this documentary the producer didn’t stay away from all his Controversies .

LeBron I give credit has done things the right way but he is way more polarizing than MJ. I get Knicks fans not loving MJ though.
I wouldn't watch a LeBron doc. Even to hate watch it.

I think a big difference too with a Jordan documentary relative to any modern day guys is social media humanizes all the players now. People feel like they know all of these guys because you can follow them and see them “behind the scenes” joking with their family or teammates. Then with social media as well guys get criticized a lot more and made fun of with memes which takes some of the shine off as well.

Jordan’s era image and information was more controlled and he became this larger than life mythical, legendary figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom