The More I Think About it, Lester is THE Problem | Syracusefan.com

The More I Think About it, Lester is THE Problem

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
We know Shafer can put a great defense on the field. OK, this year's is subpar because we have a lot of young players learning on the job.

But, the offense, despite having some real playmakers and a prodigy at QB, what have they done?

As I see it, Lester has 3 games to prove himself (Louisville, NC State & BC).

Prodigy?
prodigy.jpg

We know Shafer can put a great defense on the field. OK, this year's is subpar because we have a lot of young players learning on the job.

But, the offense, despite having some real playmakers and a prodigy at QB, what have they done?

As I see it, Lester has 3 games to prove himself (Louisville, NC State & BC).
Well they have obviously done enough for you to tab playmakers and a prodigy. So what are you talking about?

Cant remember the last time we had to rely so much on young players. Veteran players have not pan out. Hunt is out for the season, Morris DMC, Cornelius are 4 year players who have not produce so we now have to rely on freshmans and sophomores to consistently make the plays. They are doing what they can but next year we will see them consistently make plays. Not ready to say its Lester

Dungey is a concussion away from being dropped from SU Football...

Think about that for a minute. Our Freshman QB (that likes to run) is one knock away from being forced into early retirement due to concussions.

44PRIDE said:
Dungey is a concussion away from being dropped from SU Football... Think about that for a minute. Our Freshman QB (that likes to run) is one knock away from being forced into early retirement due to concussions.

That assumes he's had 2 already.

Cant remember the last time we had to rely so much on young players. Veteran players have not pan out. Hunt is out for the season, Morris DMC, Cornelius are 4 year players who have not produce so we now have to rely on freshmans and sophomores to consistently make the plays. They are doing what they can but next year we will see them consistently make plays. Not ready to say its Lester
Looks more like poor recruiting or coaching to me.

Crusty said:
For all we really know he has none.

Oh, no, no, no. Several posters on here were part of a secret team of neurosurgeons who conducted a covert examination of Dungey's brain.They know exactly how many concussions he has had.

Oh, no, no, no. Several posters on here were part of a secret team of neurosurgeons who conducted a covert examination of Dungey's brain.They know exactly how many concussions he has had.
I keep forgetting about that team.

let's not pretend like "concussion protocol" is neurosurgery

Dungey is a concussion away from being dropped from SU Football...

Think about that for a minute. Our Freshman QB (that likes to run) is one knock away from being forced into early retirement due to concussions.

Really? How would you know that

I am not sold on this yet.
i agree what playmakers do we have other than dungey? at times phillips shows some nice moves, estime seems to be the punt returner and little else, Ish can catch but cant get open, Lewis makes more plays than anyone and gets ripped for lack of speed.

i agree what playmakers do we have other than dungey? at times phillips shows some nice moves, estime seems to be the punt returner and little else, Ish can catch but cant get open, Lewis makes more plays than anyone and gets ripped for lack of speed.
no fredericks? come on

no fredericks? come on
what does he bring to the table? where would you rank him in the backs we have had the last 20 years? as a FR though I think he has played well. if he creates more power and learns to read his blocks better he can be pretty good, but he is not a home run threat yet and we need one.

what does he bring to the table? where would you rank him in the backs we have had the last 20 years? as a FR though I think he has played well. if he creates more power and learns to read his blocks better he can be pretty good, but he is not a home run threat yet and we need one.
i should know better than to indulge you in this is silliness. you and the home run threats. estime should've scored his 89 yarder faster

I like Fredericks a lot but his YPC carry is really no different than Morris who people seem to take issue with all the time. I wouldn't call anyone on this team above average in creating plays other than Dungey. I just would not. People don't fear anyone out there. Mike Williams is the last great offensive player that we had. 2012, bunch of really good seniors with a really good scheme and nice balance. That said, I think with the right coach we can be a lot more productive, we have more depth just not a lot of top end.

I know we are fans but people get carried away with "the talent" upgrade posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom