The "new" Dome and recruiting | Syracusefan.com

The "new" Dome and recruiting

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
are there going to be any bells and whistles in this phase which might turn some recruiting heads for basketball?

are there going to be any bells and whistles in this phase which might turn some recruiting heads for basketball?
Best hope that the new videoboard is going to be enormous. That would make a nice statement. But I doubt it will be anything that big. You know how Sala do.

We will be able to do BA LED animations on the court which will be sweet

Ok so what are they waiting for? Would it hurt to build the anticipation with a tease?

I hope sala understands that a scoreboard can have the latest bells and whistles, but size is what matters here... especially because we play in such a cavernous building. Everyone has an HD video board these days.

Last edited:
I hope sala understands that a scoreboard can have the latest bells and whistles, but size is what matters here... especially because we play in such a cavernous building. Everyone has an HD video board these days.

From what I have been told the size of the scoreboard will be no issue. Measure it in terms of yards, not feet or inches. The fact that it will not move horizontally will lessen the impact for basketball - particularly for those in the movable seats (Sect. 122 - 126).

Size matters in a lot of situations

From what I have been told the size of the scoreboard will be no issue. Measure it in terms of yards, not feet or inches. The fact that it will not move horizontally will lessen the impact for basketball - particularly for those in the movable seats (Sect. 122 - 126).
Can't wait to see those STH's start a protest on the chancellor's front lawn.

#notmyvideoboard

Going off topic, but I remember in the 90s sitting at a game when someone would carry a small portable black-and-white TV to watch other action from their seats. Thought it was the coolest invention ever.
YES! My FIL used to bring one to the dome in the early 90's.

No horizontal move? Not a huge deal I guess, but kinda disappointing.

Curious if it will be possible for punts to hit the thing?

No horizontal move? Not a huge deal I guess, but kinda disappointing.

Curious if it will be possible for punts to hit the thing?

VERY disappointing if your hoops seats are in Section 123. Sounds like there will be new video boards installed in each end zone thought that will be HD and much larger.

Anything's possible, but I am sure the height of the scoreboard and the altitude of punts has been taken into account. I think the board can still move vertically so maybe we can drop it 50 feet when the opponent piunts and raise it back up when we do.

YES! My FIL used to bring one to the dome in the early 90's.

You mean one of these:
12764696_10208246646579900_3235886836849314668_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom