The Official Clemson Game Thread (LGO)! | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

The Official Clemson Game Thread (LGO)!

I'm assuming this is something you've been thinking for awhile?

To get that from tonight just makes little sense to me.

Unless I don't know what the question is.
Its called projection. He's short, slow with an inaccurate arm. But its ok.

Right on topic.

No, it isn't. Long has flashed lots of promise in the three games hes garnered playing time.

Tonight, the offense collectively stunk. Long stunk, too. Way too premature to write him off.

Doing so after seeing a true frosh play a road game against a top 5 defense lacks perspective.

It's ok to question if he is the long term solution, and quite another to make definitive proclamations after a tough game.

I'm assuming this is something you've been thinking for awhile?

To get that from tonight just makes little sense to me.

Unless I don't know what the question is.
Doesn't anyone get angry anymore when we lose? Its not directed personally at one kid. Its a program that can't even recruit top 25 talent. Just a lot of excuses on why we lose.

Sudano said:
Its called projection. He's short, slow with an inaccurate arm. But its ok.

Good point on the inaccurate arm. It would be unprecedented for a true freshman QB to become more accurate. You either have it or you don't.

Do we still renew scholarships on a year by year basis? Still time to fix this recruiting mistake.

No, it isn't. Long has flashed lots of promise in the three games hes garnered playing time.

Tonight, the offense collectively stunk. Long stunk, too. Way too premature to write him off.

Doing so after seeing a true frosh play a road game against a top 5 defense lacks perspective.

It's ok to question if he is the long term solution, and quite another to make definitive proclamations after a tough game.
We disagree, To say he's not the answer is the same as to question if he is a long term solution to being a top 25 QB. You're parsing words.

We disagree, To say he's not the answer is the same as to question if he is a long term solution to being a top 25 QB. You're parsing words.

No sh=t that's the same thing. ou said above that the team is bad--that's a different but correlated topic to him being a top 25 QB. You're moving the goalposts.

Good point on the inaccurate arm. It would be unprecedented for a true freshman QB to become more accurate. You either have it or you don't.

Do we still renew scholarships on a year by year basis? Still time to fix this recruiting mistake.
Unprecedented or unlikely.

No sh=t that's the same thing. That isn't the same thing that was being discussed. You're moving the goalposts.
You said I was off topic when I was on topic of discussing his talent. I moved nothing.

You said I was off topic when I was on topic of discussing his talent. I moved nothing.

Oy fu-king vey.

Cuseguy and I were arguing about whether tonight's loss means Long isn't the guy. You jump in calling the team bad, and are now trying to spin that into being entirely about Long.

Not the same thing.

Yikes - I just got here. We played pretty well, their defense is very very very good.

Our 3rd string true frosh QB couldn't get separation on a lot of plays, it happens. Every Saturday isn't Death Valley.

Oy fu-king vey.

Cuseguy and I were arguing about whether tonight's loss means Long isn't the guy. You jump in calling the team bad, and are now trying to spin that into being entirely about Long.

Not the same thing.
Whatever. Just pissed at the state of the program. I was talking about Long supporting CuseGuy. Doesn't really matter. We had Clemson on the ropes and didn't have the talent to compete. Long amongst others.

Whatever. Just pissed at the state of the program. I was talking about Long supporting CuseGuy. Doesn't really matter. We had Clemson on the ropes and didn't have the talent to compete. Long amongst others.

You and me both. We're not where we need to be.

We did have the talent to compete - we throw a bad pick and so be it.

The state of a the program is a little better than I thought earlier in the year. But honestly we should schedule like Schiano - playing FSU and Clemson every year starts us down 2. Pointless to play B1G schools, LSU, etc...

We did have the talent to compete - we throw a bad pick and so be it.

The state of a the program is a little better than I thought earlier in the year. But honestly we should schedule like Schiano - playing FSU and Clemson every year starts us down 2. Pointless to play B1G schools, LSU, etc...
Really? You like the state of our program? You like our talent level. You like where we are? You don't want to be in the top 25? So frustrating that fans are ok with all of this. More excuses on why we lose.

Really? You like the state of our program? You like our talent level. You like where we are? You don't want to be in the top 25? So frustrating that fans are ok with all of this. More excuses on why we lose.

I watch enough football to see what's out there. We've been through 3 coaches in 6 years - and we're a private school a long ways away from where the talent is. We have some young guys with skill and are building depth. We have an HC in the middle of his second season settling on coordinators, who is on his 3rd (4th?) QB who has something to show. We play in a real conference. We had a top 20 program down and couldn't make a couple of plays.

I watch enough football to see what's out there. We've been through 3 coaches in 6 years - and we're a private school a long ways away from where the talent is. We have some young guys with skill and are building depth. We have an HC in the middle of his second season settling on coordinators, who is on his 3rd (4th?) QB who has something to show. We play in a real conference. We had a top 20 program down and couldn't make a couple of plays.
Sounds like excuses. What were our excuses in the 90's when we were good.

Sudano said:

It was a different landscape. Rutgers ignored their program and cashed their checks. Pitt did that for much of the 90's. There are more competitors now and we're in a weak state for HS talent. Those competitors are well funded. We are not. Didn't matter back then if you didn't have uber incredible facilities. When it started to matter, we had the wrong people driving the administrative ship.

WE COVERED THE SPREAD !!!! Boom.

...we will finish 6-6. i feel it.

giphy.gif

The world is a different place. I don't think we need to rehash 100,000 posts about the college football arms race, population shifts, recruiting advances, etc.

This conference is a lifeline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom