The Out of Bounds call... | Syracusefan.com

The Out of Bounds call...

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
I just started saying "no no no" over and over again, I instantly thought about the stupid Marquette backcourt call. Then I had hope when they were going to check, feeling much better the video evidence was in our favor, then felt like crap when the ref started explaining things to the TV crew. I'm not going to lie, I thought we were going to get shafted and go down on some bogus poor call by an out of position ref... Man, I doubted, but I am so HYPED right now for this win! My heart!

I thought he should have called a timeout but I guess the ref blew first.

That is the story of Cooney career though. He does something amazing and somehow it gets messed up. I thought they should have called an offensive make up foul after the inbound. If we lost on that it would have been the worst defeat in Syracuse history.

You and several thousand other SU fans!
More like several million. Doesn't everyone love us.
images

My wife was quite offended by my frequent uttering of terms like "mother effer" and just just "effer". She was sympathetic, but did not agree with my constant employment of the terms and their variations.

I just started saying "no no no" over and over again, I instantly thought about the stupid Marquette backcourt call. Then I had hope when they were going to check, feeling much better the video evidence was in our favor, then felt like crap when the ref started explaining things to the TV crew. I'm not going to lie, I thought we were going to get shafted and go down on some bogus poor call by an out of position ref... Man, I doubted, but I am so HYPED right now for this win! My heart!
Hyped???!!! I'm drunk and naked running around Cicero right now...does anybody want to celebrate??? Cold out here...

Amazing how the guy at half court can make the call while the 2 guys involved in the play had their backs to him.....
With another ref ON THE BASELINE watching. I just went into "of course the most ridiculous call in the NCAA tourney would come AGAINST Syracuse at a crucial moment at the end of the game" mode

the explanation i thought was rather sketchy. there's no doubt who had possession and the time was easily established. what exactly were the refs reviewing if not the fact of cooney being inbounds or not ?

at least he didnt attempt the play the NIowa kids did and throw it away.. even standing there for 10 secs would have been ok
I still can't believe that kid just stood there for a good 3 seconds before he did anything. That right there epitomized the UNI debacle.

the explanation i thought was rather sketchy. there's no doubt who had possession and the time was easily established. what exactly were the refs reviewing if not the fact of cooney being inbounds or not ?

They were discussing whether they were allowed to review it. When they realized they weren't they switched to trying to make sure the time on the clock was correct.

they cant review it but they can change the call. 2refs should be gone for messing that play up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom