THE ROBERSON GAME | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

THE ROBERSON GAME

the guy was spectacular. Hard to find words for how great he was

Tyler just passed 400 rebounds for his career, putting him just ahead of Brandon Triche, and right behind Red Bruin for 54th on the all time list. If he gets another 100 this year, then 250 as a Sr, he will end up with about 750 rebounds, good enough for 21st on the all time list, just ahead of Rak and behind Burgan.

image.jpeg
As some of us have repeatedly said, it's all in between the ears. Now, he's just playing and Roberson is playing without any inhibitions. CuseTroop and I were like... happy birthday, Tyler...Now go get those rebounds, big guy.

If you took Paul Harris, and made him 6'8, that's Tyler Roberson. Just an athletic freak of nature out on the floor. I really hope he develops more of an offensive game by the time he graduates. Kid could possibly play his way into the late 2nd round of the draft when his career is done here!

The reality of Roberson is that he was a top 30 recruit, who just needed time to develop. He didn't play at all freshman year, got his first dose of PT as a sophomore, and was up and down all season. Also needed to get stronger. And then was inconsistent for the first 1/3 of this season.

But I think we're starting to realize why he was rated so highly, and why he was called "the Beast" in high school. We're starting to see him emerge like you'd expect a guy who was a top 30 recruit. I honestly see no reason why he can't average 12-14 ppg and 9 rpg the rest of the way. Him doing so will go a LONG way toward this team making a run.
After McCullough went down last season, he played at a very high level in conference for a long stretch. Not sure why so many were ready to write him off earlier this season. Also, he seems to be the rare player who performs better statistically against the better opposition.

Dude is a savage on the glass, it's getting to the point where everytime we miss I'm half expecting TRob to come down with the board. He got Cooney 2 or 3 wide open looks alone tonight.

You have to go all the way back to Billy Owens to find a rebounding performance like we witnessed tonight. He was truly a beast and it's efforts like this that turns this team into a formidable contender. I was amazed by his performance. Simply unbelievable.

"The last Time an SU player had 20 rebounds was when Rick Jackson had 22 rebounds against Detroit on 11/16/2010." Not my quote but that's what I read on the Post.

Saw a scroll on ESPN saying 20 was the most rebounds by a visiting player at Duke. Nice job.

I think Roberson needs to play with a little more energy...just kidding!!! What a game!!!

I think he has been hurt a lot this year by officials who just assume he is going over the back which I guess in fact he literally is. He goes over people not on them. Hopefully his rep will help him with the officials IF they have been anticipating the over the back call. Like great scorers, great rebounders often get the benefit of the doubt.

We need to hypnotize him so that he believes every team he plays against is Duke.

"Let's Do It Again" with the incomparable Jimmy JJ Walker. "Downright NASTY with strength."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom