the sky is falling...OH,OH! | Syracusefan.com

the sky is falling...OH,OH!

BillSU

All American
I know I'm in the minority here but is it all about JB and his kids and how he can't coach and we better do something about it or the world will come to an end? If you look at the box scores from the beginning of the year his kids have been carrying this team, granted they do need to improve the D.

Everyone thinks it's all about coaching, I disagree.

But I digress, everything that is bad which is all about every game we lose is all JB's fault in your opinion. It was a typical Gtown Syracuse game for me and I have been watching them since '62 I agree we didn't get out on the kid shooting from the corner and he continued to make the 3's that is on the defender. I think part of the sky just fell on the floor next to me.

Last edited:
I see chicken little running around on mine. Buddy has had a couple of poor games but the defenses key on him. Someone else needs to step up and I think several players have, it’s defense right now, especially the 3 pt defense.
the only thing destroying anyones legacy are the typical negative fans coning out of the woodwork. I’ve seen improvements and adjustments fron the beginning of the year and I expect more will come.
things need addressed and I think they will be. And I’ll never stop watching as long as SU is on tv.

I know I'm in the minority here but is it all about JB and his kids and how he can't coach and we better do something about it or the world will come to an end? If you look at the box scores from the beginning of the year his kids have been carrying this team, granted they do need to improve the D.

Everyone thinks it's all about coaching, I disagree. Today at the end it was all about Girard not making the front end of a 1 and 1 which would have tied the game at the time.

But I digress, everything that is bad which is all about every game we lose is all JB's fault in your opinion. It was a typical Gtown Syracuse game for me and I have been watching them since '62 I agree we didn't get out on the kid shooting from the corner and he continued to make the 3's that is on the defender. Have fun making JB, Buddy and Jimmy bad again till next game, then you can do it all over again if we win or lose. I think part of the sky just fell on the floor next to me.
did you write this in 1985? Georgetown is bad. Real bad.

Everyone thinks it's all about coaching, I disagree. Today at the end it was all about Girard not making the front end of a 1 and 1 which would have tied the game at the time.

But I digress, everything that is bad which is all about every game we lose is all JB's fault in your opinion. It was a typical Gtown Syracuse game for me and I have been watching them since '62 I agree we didn't get out on the kid shooting from the corner and he continued to make the 3's that is on the defender. Have fun making JB, Buddy and Jimmy bad again till next game, then you can do it all over again if we win or lose. I think part of the sky just fell on the floor next to me.
No it was about bad coaching and selfish play by players who wont be reprimanded or benched for it.

Joe played well.

Next.

Built a ten point lead and then completely abandoned everything that worked. 100% on the coach.
To be fair , a ten point lead ain’t squat when you beg teams to shoot 3’s against you and then don’t defend them . Gtown went on a streak of missing and then the streak regressed to the mean

To be fair , a ten point lead ain’t squat when you beg teams to shoot 3’s against you and then don’t defend them . Gtown went on a streak of missing and then the streak regressed to the mean
Not just about defense.

We scored 44 in the first half, and had 13 assists.

Then went iso ball with the same 5 guys in the second half.

Symir - 25
Joe - 32
Buddy - 32
Frank - 25
Jesse - 32

Cole - 20
Jimmy - 20
Benny -14

We don’t have any horses to ride for 35-40, on a game in and game out basis.

Yup and then if players get hot your ride them a little if players are cold you bench them a little longer. There is no way Symir - Benny - Frank shouldn't be getting 14-18 minutes a night on a regular basis. There isn't enough talent on the team to warrant them not getting those minutes.

Joe didn't miss the front end of a 1 and 1, he missed a FT after getting hammered on a driving layup, which he made. Joe played fine.

Symir - 25
Joe - 32
Buddy - 32
Frank - 25
Jesse - 32

Cole - 20
Jimmy - 20
Benny -14

We don’t have any horses to ride for 35-40, on a game in and game out basis.
I know we lack weapons off the bench but I can’t see playing Jessie and Frank together.

I know we lack weapons off the bench but I can’t see playing Jessie and Frank together.
Might be able to rebound.

Change the offensive approach. Pound it inside, and get our guards open off of kick outs.

You can’t play a perimeter based offense when nobody (that actually gets playing time) can beat anybody off the dribble and do anything positive with it if they do.

Im not ready to say the sky’s falling yet.

Football it fell through the foundation, again.

Basketball doesn’t feel that way yet. Benny, Frank and Sy each had a slightly longer leash today. Jim coached a horrendous second half.

But idk if adjustments and improvements wont be made by ACC play. Im not ready to give up.

Im not ready to say the sky’s falling yet.

Football it fell through the foundation, again.

Basketball doesn’t feel that way yet. Benny, Frank and Sy each had a slightly longer leash today. Jim coached a horrendous second half.

But idk if adjustments and improvements wont be made by ACC play. Im not ready to give up.

My thing is if you aren't giving your bench the proper time in the second half against Georgetown (even when they played well in the first half) what makes me think JB will actually give them minutes again a real team in the ACC if the game is close?

I see chicken little running around on mine. Buddy has had a couple of poor games but the defenses key on him. Someone else needs to step up and I think several players have, it’s defense right now, especially the 3 pt defense.
the only thing destroying anyones legacy are the typical negative fans coning out of the woodwork. I’ve seen improvements and adjustments fron the beginning of the year and I expect more will come.
things need addressed and I think they will be. And I’ll never stop watching as long as SU is on tv.
How about recruiting some kids that can actually play ?

How can anybody be positive after this game is beyond me. That Georgetown team is and will be in the bottom two of the Big East this year, they got smoked by Dartmouth and St. Joes? This may not be Colgate bad, but it’s certainly in the conversation.

How can anybody be positive after this game is beyond me. That Georgetown team is and will be in the bottom two of the Big East this year, they got smoked by Dartmouth and St. Joes? This may not be Colgate bad, but it’s certainly in the conversation.
We should’ve won by 15-20.

Probably would’ve if the predetermined special 5 didn’t play the whole second half. We handcuffed ourselves.

The free throw would have gotten us to within 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom