the sky is falling...OH,OH! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

the sky is falling...OH,OH!

Now. This isn't about me it's about you. IMO, we should have beaten Colgate, VCU, Villanova, and Georgetown.
If we can beat Indiana who is presently I believe at 7-2 we should be able to beat the aforementioned teams. But we didn't and it sucks but it is. So we have to live with that. Problem is so many are ready to jump down our throats and that's not good either.
Well ya do realize that this is going to be the 8th straight year of losing double-digit games with 6 of those being 13 or more and probably a 7th this year, right? Pretending that people are just upset about today or this season is incorrect. I'm sure the true believers will talk about a couple tourney runs in there but not being ranked in the top 25 at the close of the regular season in EVERY one of those 7 seasons and not being ranked in the top 10 at any single point since 2013-2014 is kind of what has everyone riled up. Our program has top 2-3 attendance EVERY season. The program has top 10 revenues EVERY season. Us fans are doing our part and expect a quality product and this isn't it and hasn't been for a bit now.

Let’s say the sky is not falling. After all—it literally can’t.

But, think about it like this: you’re a lobster in a pot, and you keep saying, ’the water is fine. Getting just a leeeetle warmer, but it’s fine.”

How long until you’re cooked?
But what if that lobster is a legend? Hasn't that lobster earned the right to climb out of that pot at the time of his choosing? And hasn't that lobster earned the right to choose the next occupant of that pot?

Well ya do realize that this is going to be the 8th straight year of losing double-digit games with 6 of those being 13 or more and probably a 7th this year, right? Pretending that people are just upset about today or this season is incorrect. I'm sure the true believers will talk about a couple tourney runs in there but not being ranked in the top 25 at the close of the regular season in EVERY one of those 7 seasons and not being ranked in the top 10 at any single point since 2013-2014 is kind of what has everyone riled up. Our program has top 2-3 attendance EVERY season. The program has top 10 revenues EVERY season. Us fans are doing our part and expect a quality product and this isn't it and hasn't been for a bit now.

Top 10 revenue for the program doesn’t tell the whole story. We might have top 10 expenses for the program too. The dome use isn’t cheap. And the basketball program isn’t stand alone in the athletic department. You talk like we’re rich as a program. Doesn’t work that way.

This is all well stated.

Symir cant shoot so teams won’t cover him and Buddy and Joe won’t get open looks.

...is what the explanation would be.

Bingo. That explanation is spot on as well - you absolutely cannot maximize spacing if one of the guards can't shoot.

Bingo. That explanation is spot on as well - you absolutely cannot maximize spacing if one of the guards can't shoot.
We should call this late stage of JB's career "the spacing era."

But what if that lobster is a legend? Hasn't that lobster earned the right to climb out of that pot at the time of his choosing? And hasn't that lobster earned the right to choose the next occupant of that pot?
Nope - that’s absurd - this isn’t some family business. He’s accumulated generational wealth, achieved national fame and got a wife much hotter than he ever would’ve dreamed possible - he’s already been rewarded enough.

He’s had 8 years to adapt and get the program back where he once had it, but instead he continues to drive it lower - it’s enough.

As soon as Tyus Battle gets here we’ll get back to being elite.

As soon as Darius Bazley gets here we’ll get back to being elite.

As soon as Dior or Lands get here we’ll be back.

I give up.

What happened to Battle's brother? Is he any good?

Top 10 revenue for the program doesn’t tell the whole story. We might have top 10 expenses for the program too. The dome use isn’t cheap. And the basketball program isn’t stand alone in the athletic department. You talk like we’re rich as a program. Doesn’t work that way.
So what's your argument here? Its fine if our bball program has become an also ran in the conference and we can just continue to hope for 10 seeds on selection Sunday? And we should all just shut up and be happy about it and should just keep putting our money into the product because things used to be good?

We have been accustomed to late season surges to get into the tourney and make some noise. At some point that fortune will end and we will be left with a 15 win season, no bubble talk and a losing record. That may very well occur this season.

Seems like some people are Boeheim fans. Some people are Syracuse fans.

To each their own, but let’s at least be on the level with that part.
There are those that would argue that Boeheim IS Syracuse basketball so you’re either all in or all out

gun to your head, best guess -

Is this JBs last year?
I’ve heard from reliable sources that even the thought of retiring hasn’t entered his mind .this was a while back so who knows now

There are those that would argue that Boeheim IS Syracuse basketball so you’re either all in or all out
Fortunately, people of that ilk don't get to decide.

And what happens when Boeheim turns 120, and decides to retire? Does Syracuse basketball then cease to exist?

175cdabc3c505dbb04eda6c502d3e908.jpeg

This is all well stated.
Agreed. This is the first time I have ever had the lead post, post game and I see what the reaction is for someone who is a die hard SU, JB fan who will never stop watching and rooting for SU and JB. It really isn’t bad to promote discussion and argue your point.

The only thing is, I believe that some of JB’s naysayers and whomever or whatever they are arguing or making their point about, the only thing to satisfy them would be a new coach and team to materialize in front of us at the start of the next game.

Since I’m dreaming, no more JB, no more Buddy and the rest of the players - WAIT – let’s keep Benny and Jesse they’re going to be good ones. But who is the new coach hiding behind the curtain and those really cool players sneakers we can see below the curtain? Wow, it’s Carmelo, Wallace, Grant, Moten, Seikaly, Bing, Bouie, Coleman, Waiters, Douglas, Washington, Owens, and Thomas. Think they’re good enough to play for us? Wonder if they can rebound and guard the shooters behind the 3 line? And, I wonder if the new coach will play man instead of that terrible ZONE? The man behind the curtain who is he? Why it’s JB himself, introducing the new leader of SU basketball, could it be, it’s _ _ _ _!

So what's your argument here? Its fine if our bball program has become an also ran in the conference and we can just continue to hope for 10 seeds on selection Sunday? And we should all just shut up and be happy about it and should just keep putting our money into the product because things used to be good?

Yea that’s exactly what I said. That’s just you changing the subject because you can’t address my response to your post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom